pppd not reporting carrier drop to mgetty - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on pppd not reporting carrier drop to mgetty - Ubuntu ; As a result, pppd is not closing itself and return control to mgetty to accept a new connection. How could I guarantee that? -- @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY. / v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce ...

  1. pppd not reporting carrier drop to mgetty

    --
    @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
    /( _ )\ (Xubuntu 8.04.1) Linux 2.6.26

  2. Re: pppd not reporting carrier drop to mgetty

    Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k) wrote:

    > As a result, pppd is not closing itself and return control to mgetty to
    > accept a new connection.

    .... and what is the likelihood of this being a phone company problem? Do
    the phone company have the weapon to disturb a regular modem's operation?

    --
    @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
    /( _ )\ (Xubuntu 8.04.1) Linux 2.6.26
    ^ ^ 20:20:02 up 9:46 1 user load average: 1.02 1.03 1.00
    (CSSA):

  3. Re: pppd not reporting carrier drop to mgetty

    "Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k)" wrote:

    > As a result, pppd is not closing itself and return control to
    > mgetty to accept a new connection.
    >
    > How could I guarantee that?

    Some things missing from your post:

    Quote of previous messages, with irrelevancies snipped.
    Attributions of that quote.
    References headers.
    Standard conforming signature (4 lines max recommended)

    [page]:
    Try the download section.

  4. Re: pppd not reporting carrier drop to mgetty

    > Quote of previous messages, with irrelevancies snipped.
    > Attributions of that quote.
    > References headers.
    > Standard conforming signature (4 lines max recommended)

    Ok, I need to correct my question.

    --
    @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
    /( _ )\ (Xubuntu 8.04.1) Linux 2.6.26
    ^ ^ 12:22:01 up 1 day 1:48 1 user load average: 1.01 1.02 1.00
    (CSSA):