Re: Xorg in Kubuntu gnome session - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: Xorg in Kubuntu gnome session - Ubuntu ; Frop wrote: > After recent updates Xorg is consuming 90% cpu while selecting or cutting > text in GTK apps namely Pan. I've noticed this after seeing a delay while > dragging over text with a cursor to highlight it. ...

  1. Re: Xorg in Kubuntu gnome session

    Frop wrote:
    > After recent updates Xorg is consuming 90% cpu while selecting or cutting
    > text in GTK apps namely Pan. I've noticed this after seeing a delay while
    > dragging over text with a cursor to highlight it. Have Kubuntu installed
    > and have been using a gnome session. Under a KDE session this does not
    > occur. Where do I start besides "use KDE"?
    >
    > Using restricted nvida driver. I'd hate to have to start using KDE again
    > because I have grown to like gnome especially the compiz effects however I
    > have this problem with compiz not running.

    Switch to using GDM instead of KDE?

  2. Re: Xorg in Kubuntu gnome session

    On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 20:50:34 +0100, Cork Soaker wrote:

    > Frop wrote:
    >> After recent updates Xorg is consuming 90% cpu while selecting or
    >> cutting text in GTK apps namely Pan. I've noticed this after seeing a
    >> delay while dragging over text with a cursor to highlight it. Have
    >> Kubuntu installed and have been using a gnome session. Under a KDE
    >> session this does not occur. Where do I start besides "use KDE"?
    >>
    >> Using restricted nvida driver. I'd hate to have to start using KDE again
    >> because I have grown to like gnome especially the compiz effects however
    >> I have this problem with compiz not running.

    > Switch to using GDM instead of KDE?

    I'm just going to use KDE. I've got compiz working in KDE, I assumed it
    would only work in gnome. I installed gnome-desktop just for the eycandy
    anyway and at the time didn't know how to fully enable all the compiz
    plugins or that the eyecandy was from compiz. I got the compiz idea when
    I tried a Sabayon live cd.

+ Reply to Thread