A curious question about Wubi - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on A curious question about Wubi - Ubuntu ; I'm running the Wubi install of Ubuntu, and really quite like it. One of the features of Wubi, according to what I've read, is that, if you don't like it, you can just uninstall it in the Windows file system. ...

  1. A curious question about Wubi

    I'm running the Wubi install of Ubuntu, and really quite like it.

    One of the features of Wubi, according to what I've read, is that, if you
    don't like it, you can just uninstall it in the Windows file system. But
    I've looked in the file manager under WinXP, and can't find the 10 gigs
    I've put aside for Linux. How does one find this area? Thanks.

  2. Re: A curious question about Wubi

    Jeffrey Needle wrote:
    > I'm running the Wubi install of Ubuntu, and really quite like it.
    >
    > One of the features of Wubi, according to what I've read, is that, if
    > you don't like it, you can just uninstall it in the Windows file
    > system. But I've looked in the file manager under WinXP, and can't
    > find the 10 gigs I've put aside for Linux. How does one find this
    > area? Thanks.

    I'm reading that there is a file: c:\ubuntu\disks\root.disk

    .... that is interpreted as a disk. Also a swap one ..\disks\swap.disk

    --
    Mike Easter

  3. Re: A curious question about Wubi

    Jeffrey Needle schreef:
    > I'm running the Wubi install of Ubuntu, and really quite like it.
    >
    > One of the features of Wubi, according to what I've read, is that, if you
    > don't like it, you can just uninstall it in the Windows file system. But
    > I've looked in the file manager under WinXP, and can't find the 10 gigs
    > I've put aside for Linux. How does one find this area? Thanks.

    Uninstall is in the Microsoft world different to Deleting.

    So I imagine you'd get rid of Wubi via the Add/Remove Programs option.

  4. Re: A curious question about Wubi

    > Jeffrey Needle wrote:
    >> I'm running the Wubi install of Ubuntu, and really quite like it.
    >>
    >> One of the features of Wubi, according to what I've read, is that, if
    >> you don't like it, you can just uninstall it in the Windows file
    >> system. But I've looked in the file manager under WinXP, and can't
    >> find the 10 gigs I've put aside for Linux. How does one find this
    >> area? Thanks.

    > I'm reading that there is a file: c:\ubuntu\disks\root.disk
    >
    > ... that is interpreted as a disk. Also a swap one ..\disks\swap.disk

    Got it -- thanks!

  5. Re: A curious question about Wubi

    > Jeffrey Needle schreef:
    >> I'm running the Wubi install of Ubuntu, and really quite like it.
    >>
    >> One of the features of Wubi, according to what I've read, is that, if
    >> you don't like it, you can just uninstall it in the Windows file
    >> system. But I've looked in the file manager under WinXP, and can't
    >> find the 10 gigs I've put aside for Linux. How does one find this
    >> area? Thanks.

    > Uninstall is in the Microsoft world different to Deleting.
    >
    > So I imagine you'd get rid of Wubi via the Add/Remove Programs option.

    Found it -- thanks!

+ Reply to Thread