puter crash - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on puter crash - Ubuntu ; On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 17:00:40 -0400, wisdomkiller & pain wrote: > GrailKing wrote: > >> On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 12:48:45 -0400, jellybean stonerfish >> wrote: >> >>> On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 11:12:25 -0400, GrailKing wrote: >>> >>>>> ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 23 of 23

  1. Re: puter crash

    wrote:

    > GrailKing wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 12:48:45 -0400, jellybean stonerfish
    >> wrote:

    >>> You didn't tell us the model number of your computer, or mother board
    >>> number. If you do, we can help you find the jumper to reset your cmos.
    >>>
    >>> sf

    >> I bought this baby used about 4 years back so I couldn't tell you,I did
    >> mention it was a PC clone; I can give you the info that rolls on the
    >> screen at the start if you think that may help.
    >>
    >> I removed the battery for an hour or 2 then put it back in, got the same
    >> thing so I left the computer on as I went to the store; I came back a
    >> half
    >> hour later and windows was running.
    >>

    > Ok. Now take the battery to the store and get a new one. Put the new one
    > in.

    The battery is just for bios?

    GK

  2. Re: puter crash

    GrailKing wrote:

    >> Ok. Now take the battery to the store and get a new one. Put the new one
    >> in.
    >>

    > The battery is just for bios?

    Bios settings and clock.
    If the battery goes low, strange things may happen to your bios settings.
    Most of the time, a well written bios should pop up the bios screen without
    you having to press a key, tell something about a checksum mismatch, and
    revert to safe defaults. But sh*t can hit the fans everywhere, and settings
    may change to a undetermined state.

  3. Re: puter crash

    On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 02:21:27 -0400, wisdomkiller & pain
    wrote:

    > GrailKing wrote:

    >>> Ok. Now take the battery to the store and get a new one. Put the new
    >>> one
    >>> in.
    >>>

    >> The battery is just for bios?
    >>

    > Bios settings and clock.
    > If the battery goes low, strange things may happen to your bios settings.
    > Most of the time, a well written bios should pop up the bios screen
    > without
    > you having to press a key, tell something about a checksum mismatch, and
    > revert to safe defaults. But sh*t can hit the fans everywhere, and
    > settings
    > may change to a undetermined state.

    Yeah, it did tell me it had a check sum mismatch, I mentioned that in the
    thread.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2