Re: [News] Music Management and VoIP Recording with Free Software - Ubuntu

  1. Re: [News] Music Management and VoIP Recording with Free Software

    On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 21:00:02 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Open your jukebox: Open-source alternatives for music management
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| Not mere freeware, but open-source alternatives are well-known for nearly
    >| every major category of software. Firefox and Linux are probably the most
    >| famous, but OpenOffice, GIMP, Thunderbird, Pidgin, Miro, and others have made
    >| themselves known in practically every genre. Heck, there's even an
    >| open-source firmware for your portable MP3 player--Rockbox.

    Does it do iTunes?
    Can I use the iTunes store to purchase music?

    No?

    It's doomed...

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: [News] Music Management and VoIP Recording with Free Software

    On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 19:35:03 +0000, 7 wrote:

    > If you are smart and start using Linux, you can instead use streamtuner
    > and streamripper in Linux and tune into 10,000+ Internet radio stations
    > of every kind of music on the planet.
    >
    > Its all free with source code to install on your PCs and turn them into
    > proper multi-media workstations

    That's not OS dependant. It's just a variation on recording radio
    broadcasts, or using a VCR, for personal use.

    -Thufir

  3. Re: [News] Music Management and VoIP Recording with Free Software

    On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 21:45:38 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 21:00:02 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >> Open your jukebox: Open-source alternatives for music management
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| Not mere freeware, but open-source alternatives are well-known for
    >>nearly | every major category of software. Firefox and Linux are
    >>probably the most | famous, but OpenOffice, GIMP, Thunderbird, Pidgin,
    >>Miro, and others have made | themselves known in practically every
    >>genre. Heck, there's even an | open-source firmware for your portable
    >>MP3 player--Rockbox.

    > Does it do iTunes?
    > Can I use the iTunes store to purchase music?
    >
    > No?
    >
    > It's doomed...

    Screw iTunes

  4. Re: [News] Music Management and VoIP Recording with Free Software

    On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 11:24:57 +0000 (UTC), Firey Bird wrote:

    > On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 21:45:38 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 21:00:02 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >>> Open your jukebox: Open-source alternatives for music management
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>>nearly | every major category of software. Firefox and Linux are
    >>>probably the most | famous, but OpenOffice, GIMP, Thunderbird, Pidgin,
    >>>Miro, and others have made | themselves known in practically every
    >>>genre. Heck, there's even an | open-source firmware for your portable
    >>>MP3 player--Rockbox.

    >> Does it do iTunes?
    >> Can I use the iTunes store to purchase music?
    >>
    >> No?
    >>
    >> It's doomed...

    > Screw iTunes

    Sour grapes......

    Media Monkey is much better though IMHO

    AmaCROCK's developers should look at Media Monkey to see how a REAL media
    management program should look and work.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/