Re: [News] BT Approaching Free Software Community - Ubuntu

  1. Re: [News] BT Approaching Free Software Community

    On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 20:58:46 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > BT joins enterprise open-source community
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| The communications and IT giant has already been a member of the Linux
    >| Foundation since 2005. According to a Wednesday statement, BT joined
    >| FossBazaar because it wants to help "accelerate the adoption of free and

    Really?

    Are they the same company as the one Mark Kent works for?

    That's very odd considering this is what they say:

    "At BT Global, our crown jewels are the services we supply to our
    customers. With jNetX we own the intellectual property for our services,
    allowing us to evolve the services as and when required."

    Mark Kent
    Head of Technology Strategy

    http://www.jnetx.com/index.php?id=products

    https://solutionfinder.microsoft.com...10ba73b82dbdb4

    http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...dbox_Demo.pptx

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: [News] BT Approaching Free Software Community

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 20:58:46 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >> BT joins enterprise open-source community
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | The communications and IT giant has already been a member of the Linux
    >> | Foundation since 2005. According to a Wednesday statement, BT joined
    >> | FossBazaar because it wants to help "accelerate the adoption of free and

    > Really?
    >
    > Are they the same company as the one Mark Kent works for?
    >
    > That's very odd considering this is what they say:
    >
    > "At BT Global, our crown jewels are the services we supply to our
    > customers. With jNetX we own the intellectual property for our services,
    > allowing us to evolve the services as and when required."
    >
    > Mark Kent
    > Head of Technology Strategy

    The two key words in this drivel: "works for". Stop pronouncing it "is
    enslaved by". Your obsession with this irrelevance proves nothing.

  3. Re: [News] BT Approaching Free Software Community

    "Phil Da Lick!" wrote:
    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    .... snip ...

    >> Are they the same company as the one Mark Kent works for?
    >>
    >> That's very odd considering this is what they say:
    >>
    >> "At BT Global, our crown jewels are the services we supply to our
    >> customers. With jNetX we own the intellectual property for our
    >> services, allowing us to evolve the services as and when required."

    > The two key words in this drivel: "works for". Stop pronouncing it "is
    > enslaved by". Your obsession with this irrelevance proves nothing.

    Goldfarb is a known troll. He attempts to create trouble. Best
    to ignore him. If you do answer please ensure that you replace
    the heavy cross-posting with a follow-up to a single newsgroup.

    [page]:
    Try the download section.

  4. Re: [News] BT Approaching Free Software Community

    CBFalconer wrote:
    > "Phil Da Lick!" wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >>

    > ... snip ...
    >
    >>> Are they the same company as the one Mark Kent works for?
    >>>
    >>> That's very odd considering this is what they say:
    >>>
    >>> "At BT Global, our crown jewels are the services we supply to our
    >>> customers. With jNetX we own the intellectual property for our
    >>> services, allowing us to evolve the services as and when required."
    >>>

    >> The two key words in this drivel: "works for". Stop pronouncing it "is
    >> enslaved by". Your obsession with this irrelevance proves nothing.
    >>

    > Goldfarb is a known troll. He attempts to create trouble. Best
    > to ignore him. If you do answer please ensure that you replace
    > the heavy cross-posting with a follow-up to a single newsgroup.

    How do you know?

  5. Re: [News] BT Approaching Free Software Community

    measekite wrote:
    > CBFalconer wrote:

    .... snip ...

    >> Goldfarb is a known troll. He attempts to create trouble. Best
    >> to ignore him. If you do answer please ensure that you replace
    >> the heavy cross-posting with a follow-up to a single newsgroup.

    > How do you know?

    By reading his posts on the newsgroup.

    [page]:
    Try the download section.

  6. Re: [News] BT Approaching Free Software Community

    On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 21:42:21 +0100, Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 20:58:46 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >>> BT joins enterprise open-source community
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]

    >> Really?
    >>
    >> Are they the same company as the one Mark Kent works for?
    >>
    >> That's very odd considering this is what they say:
    >>
    >> "At BT Global, our crown jewels are the services we supply to our
    >> customers. With jNetX we own the intellectual property for our services,
    >> allowing us to evolve the services as and when required."
    >>
    >> Mark Kent
    >> Head of Technology Strategy

    > The two key words in this drivel: "works for". Stop pronouncing it "is
    > enslaved by". Your obsession with this irrelevance proves nothing.

    Mark Kent is a hypocrite and nothing you flubber about is going to change
    that fact....

    It's like Billy Graham preaching the Gospel all day long and then at night
    going to the local booby bar....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  7. Re: [News] BT Approaching Free Software Community

    On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 22:17:04 -0400, CBFalconer wrote:

    > measekite wrote:
    >> CBFalconer wrote:
    >>

    > ... snip ...
    >>
    >>> Goldfarb is a known troll. He attempts to create trouble. Best
    >>> to ignore him. If you do answer please ensure that you replace
    >>> the heavy cross-posting with a follow-up to a single newsgroup.

    Preferably the one he reads and not this one.

    Those of us with filters aren't interested in the tail end of some
    childish argument.

    --
    A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.

  8. Re: [News] BT Approaching Free Software Community

    CBFalconer schreef:

    > Goldfarb is a known troll. He attempts to create trouble. Best
    > to ignore him. If you do answer please ensure that you replace
    > the heavy cross-posting with a follow-up to a single newsgroup.

    Moshe is in my troll filter.
    I would like to call on his mother to check his posting habits and start
    giving him the warmth he so clearly misses.

  9. Re: [News] BT Approaching Free Software Community

    * Klunk peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > For a long linux form...

    And here we have the famous Kadaitcha Man, reduced to internet lapdog.

    How the mighty have fallen.

    --
    I gave up Smoking, Drinking and Sex. It was the most
    *__________horrifying* 20 minutes of my life!

  10. Re: [News] BT Approaching Free Software Community

    On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 08:17:11 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > * Klunk peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> For a long linux form...

    > And here we have the famous Kadaitcha Man, reduced to internet lapdog.
    >
    > How the mighty have fallen.

    Don't worry Linonut, you'll still win the *lapdog* of the year award.
    Nobody is a better lapdog than you are.

    A *reliable source* told me that BTW..

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  11. Re: [News] BT Approaching Free Software Community

    CBFalconer wrote:
    > measekite wrote:
    >
    >> CBFalconer wrote:
    >>

    > ... snip ...
    >
    >>> Goldfarb is a known troll. He attempts to create trouble. Best
    >>> to ignore him. If you do answer please ensure that you replace
    >>> the heavy cross-posting with a follow-up to a single newsgroup.
    >>>

    >> How do you know?
    >>

    > By reading his posts on the newsgroup.

    Is he of the same type as Frankie Crankie who used to post here. Now he
    is over at the Vista ng. I wonder why the Jerk gave up here? He really
    is wacky over there.

  12. Re: [News] BT Approaching Free Software Community

    On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 09:13:02 -0700, measekite passed an empty day by
    writing:

    > CBFalconer wrote:
    >> measekite wrote:
    >>
    >>> CBFalconer wrote:
    >>>

    >> ... snip ...

    >>> How do you know?
    >>>

    >> By reading his posts on the newsgroup.
    >>

    > Is he of the same type as Frankie Crankie who used to post here. Now he
    > is over at the Vista ng. I wonder why the Jerk gave up here? He really
    > is wacky over there.

    Working at BT, I have to say the S L O W E S T and most unstable part of
    all the systems is internal email. Even with a 'farm' of expensive
    Microsoft 2003 servers + exchange servers, Acitve Directory Servers,
    Catalogue servers + all the necessary gateway virus & spyware scanning it
    still is still slow and ****e.

    The *nix driven systems, which have stood the test of time, are still
    serving up millions of customers details, day in, day out.

    No wonder that BT have made much of their software cross-platform with
    Java. You can ignore the security issues, you can ignore the performance
    issues, but in hard economic times sooner or later that smiling sales rep
    from Microsoft and his 'corporate deal' stop looking so attractive when
    compared to 'free'.

    --
    I collect spam + please send it to: givemespam@wibblywobblyteapot.co.uk

+ Reply to Thread