anonymous web surfing? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on anonymous web surfing? - Ubuntu ; I was scanning the net for info on anonymous web surfing. I came across a site that allows windows users to mask and/or change their IP address that was reported to web sites. Is there something similiar for Linux users ...

  1. anonymous web surfing?

    I was scanning the net for info on anonymous web surfing. I came
    across a site that allows windows users to mask and/or change their IP
    address that was reported to web sites.

    Is there something similiar for Linux users or does this absolutely
    require an independent third host to redirect traffic??

    Also, are there any apps or security settings that can block at least
    some of the info a desktop system sends out?

    http://mybrowserinfo.com/

  2. Re: anonymous web surfing?

    http://www.torproject.org/

    --
    David |Fight Back!
    Women give to men the very gold of their lives. Possibly; but they

  3. Re: anonymous web surfing?

    On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 11:03:13 -0500, grasshopper wrote:

    > I was scanning the net for info on anonymous web surfing. I came across
    > a site that allows windows users to mask and/or change their IP address
    > that was reported to web sites.
    >
    > Is there something similiar for Linux users or does this absolutely
    > require an independent third host to redirect traffic??
    >
    > Also, are there any apps or security settings that can block at least
    > some of the info a desktop system sends out?
    >
    > http://mybrowserinfo.com/

    There are lots of anonymizing servixes on the internet, which will work
    with any operating system. Some popular examples are:

    http://www.youhide.com/

    http://www.zend2.com/

    There are also many sites that carry up-to-date lists of anonymous proxy
    servers. One example of such a site is

    http://www.anonymousproxyserverlists.com/

    but there are lots of others. Google really is your friend!!

    Assuming you use Firefox, you can use anonymous proxy servers by inputting
    the proxy's details, under:

    Edit > Preferences > Advanced > Network, then click on "Configure how
    Firefox connects to the internet... Settings".

+ Reply to Thread