firefox wont start after update - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on firefox wont start after update - Ubuntu ; ubuntu upgrade happened this morning and now firefox 3. wont start, noticed that there were firefox, evolution and i believe xulrunner files in the upgrade. has anyone else had this problem???...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

  1. firefox wont start after update

    ubuntu upgrade happened this morning and now firefox 3. wont start,
    noticed that there were firefox, evolution and i believe xulrunner files
    in the upgrade. has anyone else had this problem???

  2. Re: firefox wont start after update

    On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 14:13:57 +0000, Al wrote:

    > ubuntu upgrade happened this morning and now firefox 3. wont start,
    > noticed that there were firefox, evolution and i believe xulrunner files
    > in the upgrade. has anyone else had this problem???

    No.

  3. Re: firefox wont start after update

    On 2008-07-25, Al wrote:
    > ubuntu upgrade happened this morning and now firefox 3. wont start,
    > noticed that there were firefox, evolution and i believe xulrunner files
    > in the upgrade. has anyone else had this problem???

    if you type firefox-3.0 in command line (terminal), what is the
    output?

    I have not upgraded to today's changes yet and would like a
    clarification.

    posting on Usenet.
    http://improve-usenet.org/

  4. Re: firefox wont start after update

    Al schreef:
    > ubuntu upgrade happened this morning and now firefox 3. wont start,
    > noticed that there were firefox, evolution and i believe xulrunner files
    > in the upgrade. has anyone else had this problem???

    No problems here with firefox 3.0.1 after the update this morning.

  5. Re: firefox wont start after update

    Ignoramus17935 wrote:

    > I have not upgraded to today's changes yet and would like a
    > clarification.

    Three updates here and everythings OK.
    Firefox went to 3.01, xulrunner hardy-updates 1.90.1+build1, and UFW
    [firewall] hardy-updates 0.16.2.2

    --
    Patrick at...
    Latitude: 40.48*

  6. Re: firefox wont start after update

    On 2008-07-25, Patrick Phillips wrote:
    > Ignoramus17935 wrote:
    >
    >> I have not upgraded to today's changes yet and would like a
    >> clarification.

    > Three updates here and everythings OK.
    > Firefox went to 3.01, xulrunner hardy-updates 1.90.1+build1, and UFW
    > [firewall] hardy-updates 0.16.2.2

    Did you lose your firefox add-ons that suddenly became "not
    compatible"?

    posting on Usenet.
    http://improve-usenet.org/

  7. Re: firefox wont start after update

    in 64994 20080725 151357 Al wrote:
    >ubuntu upgrade happened this morning and now firefox 3. wont start,
    >noticed that there were firefox, evolution and i believe xulrunner files
    >in the upgrade. has anyone else had this problem???

    I had the same problem but a reboot fixed it.

  8. Re: firefox wont start after update

    Ignoramus17935 wrote:

    > Did you lose your firefox add-ons that suddenly became "not
    > compatible"?

    No...everything went fine with updates.
    --
    Patrick at...
    Latitude: 40.48*

  9. Re: firefox wont start after update

    On 07/25/2008 07:25 AM Dan C scribbled:

    > On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 14:13:57 +0000, Al wrote:
    >
    >> ubuntu upgrade happened this morning and now firefox 3. wont start,
    >> noticed that there were firefox, evolution and i believe xulrunner files
    >> in the upgrade. has anyone else had this problem???

    > No.

    No as well...

  10. Re: firefox wont start after update

    Dan C illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 14:13:57 +0000, Al wrote:
    >
    >> ubuntu upgrade happened this morning and now firefox 3. wont start,
    >> noticed that there were firefox, evolution and i believe xulrunner files
    >> in the upgrade. has anyone else had this problem???

    > No.

    Dan.

    One question.

    When did you start using Ubuntu?

    Slackware too hard for you?
    ;-)

    --
    Expressing yourself in seventeen syllables is very diffic ~ John Cooper
    Clarke

  11. Re: firefox wont start after update

    On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 17:45:47 +0000, Bob Martin wrote:

    > in 64994 20080725 151357 Al wrote:
    >>ubuntu upgrade happened this morning and now firefox 3. wont start,
    >>noticed that there were firefox, evolution and i believe xulrunner files
    >>in the upgrade. has anyone else had this problem???

    > I had the same problem but a reboot fixed it.

    Works fine here after all updates.

  12. Re: firefox wont start after update

    Moog wrote:
    > Ignoramus17935 illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    .... snip ...

    >> Did you lose your firefox add-ons that suddenly became "not
    >> compatible"?

    > Use google for once in your life.
    >
    > Beta addons you have installed are not guaranteed to work after
    > an update to firefox.

    Delete the 'Beta'.

    [page]:
    Try the download section.

  13. Re: firefox wont start after update

    "Segmentation fault" when i run firefox in terminal

  14. Re: firefox wont start after update

    On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 21:52:54 +0000, Moog wrote:

    > Dan C illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >> On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 14:13:57 +0000, Al wrote:

    started using ubuntu bout a year ago

    >>> ubuntu upgrade happened this morning and now firefox 3. wont start,
    >>> noticed that there were firefox, evolution and i believe xulrunner
    >>> files in the upgrade. has anyone else had this problem???

    >> No.

    > Dan.
    >
    > One question.
    >
    > When did you start using Ubuntu?
    >
    > Slackware too hard for you?
    > ;-)

  15. Re: firefox wont start after update

    Al wrote:
    > "Segmentation fault" when i run firefox in terminal

    Does it still segfault after you rename the ~/.mozilla folder?

    --
    Niklaus

  16. Re: firefox wont start after update

    still getting the fault......

    On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 00:15:20 +0000, Niklaus Kuehnis wrote:

    > Al wrote:
    >> "Segmentation fault" when i run firefox in terminal

    > Does it still segfault after you rename the ~/.mozilla folder?

  17. Re: firefox wont start after update

    * Al wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:
    > still getting the fault......

    Anything in the system logs?

    --
    David |Fight Back!
    Q: What looks like a cat, flies like a bat, brays like a donkey, and

  18. Re: firefox wont start after update

    On 2008-07-26, SINNER <99nesorjd@gates_of_hell.invalid> wrote:
    > * Al wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:
    >> still getting the fault......

    > Anything in the system logs?

    This is very strange. I think that you mentioned installing some
    libraries outside of the distribution, do you remember which ones?

    posting on Usenet.
    http://improve-usenet.org/

  19. Re: firefox wont start after update

    * Ignoramus17935 wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:
    > On 2008-07-26, SINNER <99nesorjd@gates_of_hell.invalid> wrote:
    >> * Al wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:
    >>> still getting the fault......

    >> Anything in the system logs?

    > This is very strange. I think that you mentioned installing some
    > libraries outside of the distribution, do you remember which ones?

    You sure that was me? In this thread?

    --
    David |Fight Back!
    Don't feed the bats tonight.

  20. Re: firefox wont start after update

    On 2008-07-26, SINNER <99nesorjd@gates_of_hell.invalid> wrote:
    > * Ignoramus17935 wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:

    >>> Anything in the system logs?

    >> This is very strange. I think that you mentioned installing some
    >> libraries outside of the distribution, do you remember which ones?

    > You sure that was me? In this thread?

    I am not sure, no, if that is not the case, I apologize. Can you clarify?
    posting on Usenet.
    http://improve-usenet.org/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast