firefox wont start after update - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on firefox wont start after update - Ubuntu ; * Ignoramus699 wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu: > On 2008-07-26, SINNER wrote: >> * Ignoramus17935 wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu: >>> On 2008-07-26, SINNER wrote: >>>> * Al wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu: >>>>> still getting the fault...... >>>> Anything in the system logs? >>> This ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 31 of 31

  1. Re: firefox wont start after update

    * Ignoramus699 wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:
    > On 2008-07-26, SINNER <99nesorjd@gates_of_hell.invalid> wrote:
    >> * Ignoramus17935 wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:

    >>> This is very strange. I think that you mentioned installing some
    >>> libraries outside of the distribution, do you remember which ones?

    >> You sure that was me? In this thread?

    > I am not sure, no, if that is not the case, I apologize. Can you clarify?

    Start the app from the console and check the logs.
    --
    David |Fight Back!
    Having a wonderful wine, wish you were beer.

  2. Re: firefox wont start after update

    CBFalconer illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > Moog wrote:
    >> Ignoramus17935 illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >>

    > ... snip ...
    >>
    >>> Did you lose your firefox add-ons that suddenly became "not
    >>> compatible"?

    >> Use google for once in your life.
    >>
    >> Beta addons you have installed are not guaranteed to work after
    >> an update to firefox.

    > Delete the 'Beta'.

    Indeed.

    --
    "Well, my brother says Hello. So, hooray for speech therapy." ~ Emo
    Philips

  3. Re: firefox wont start after update

    On 2008-07-27, Moog wrote:
    > CBFalconer illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >> Moog wrote:
    >>> Ignoramus17935 illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >>>

    >> ... snip ...

    >>> Use google for once in your life.
    >>>
    >>> Beta addons you have installed are not guaranteed to work after
    >>> an update to firefox.

    >> Delete the 'Beta'.

    > Indeed.

    Try reading what he said, again.

    posting on Usenet.
    http://improve-usenet.org/

  4. Re: firefox wont start after update

    Ignoramus24313 illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > On 2008-07-27, Moog wrote:
    >> CBFalconer illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >>>>
    >>> ... snip ...

    >>> Delete the 'Beta'.

    >> Indeed.
    >>

    > Try reading what he said, again.

    ????????

    --
    “Chopsticks are one of the reasons the Chinese never invented
    custard” ~ Spike Milligan.

  5. Re: firefox wont start after update

    On 2008-07-27, Moog wrote:
    > Ignoramus24313 illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >> On 2008-07-27, Moog wrote:
    >>> CBFalconer illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    >>> Indeed.
    >>>

    >> Try reading what he said, again.

    > ????????

    And you would see that he not only agreed with me, but extended what I
    said.

    posting on Usenet.
    http://improve-usenet.org/

  6. Re: firefox wont start after update

    On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 21:52:54 +0000, Moog wrote:

    >>> ubuntu upgrade happened this morning and now firefox 3. wont start,
    >>> noticed that there were firefox, evolution and i believe xulrunner
    >>> files in the upgrade. has anyone else had this problem???

    >> No.

    > Dan.
    > One question.
    > When did you start using Ubuntu?

    I didn't. Who said I did?

    Perhaps one of the reasons I'm *NOT* having the OP's problem is that I'm
    *NOT* using Ubuntu. Didn't think of that, didja?

  7. Re: firefox wont start after update

    On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 00:08:46 +0000, Al wrote:

    > started using ubuntu bout a year ago

    And after a year, you're still dumb as a ****ing stump.

    He wasn't asking *you*, you ignorant stooge.

  8. Re: firefox wont start after update

    On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 17:02:07 -0500, Ignoramus24313 wrote:

    > And you would see that he not only agreed with me, but extended what I
    > said.

    Jesus. Once again, you prove that you've chosen an appropriate nickname.

    Why the random changing numbers on the end of it, I still don't
    understand, but whatever.

  9. Re: firefox wont start after update

    On 2008-07-28, Dan C wrote:

    >>> No.

    >> Dan.
    >> One question.
    >> When did you start using Ubuntu?

    > I didn't. Who said I did?
    >
    > Perhaps one of the reasons I'm *NOT* having the OP's problem is that I'm
    > *NOT* using Ubuntu. Didn't think of that, didja?

    I personally find that with Ubuntu, I have the least amount of
    problems and they are usually fixable.

    posting on Usenet.
    http://improve-usenet.org/

  10. Re: firefox wont start after update

    On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 22:23:02 -0500, Dan C wrote:

    > On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 17:02:07 -0500, Ignoramus24313 wrote:
    >
    >> And you would see that he not only agreed with me, but extended what I
    >> said.

    > Jesus. Once again, you prove that you've chosen an appropriate nickname.
    >
    > Why the random changing numbers on the end of it, I still don't
    > understand, but whatever.

    It avoids the kill files of lesser newsreaders ;-)

    --
    A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.

  11. Re: firefox wont start after update

    Dan C illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    >>> No.

    >> Dan.
    >> One question.
    >> When did you start using Ubuntu?

    > I didn't. Who said I did?

    You didn't *say*. You *implied* by answering a Ubuntu specific,
    firefox 3 question of "anyone else had this problem?" with "no"

    Sheesh. Do I need to get my crayons out? Who ties your shoelaces in
    the morning?

    > Perhaps one of the reasons I'm *NOT* having the OP's problem is that I'm
    > *NOT* using Ubuntu. Didn't think of that, didja?

    Well. Why the hell didn't you say that, fool?

    Bugger off.
    ;-)

    --
    "People come up to me and say, "Do people really come up to you?" ~ Emo
    Philips

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2