Browser question? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Browser question? - Ubuntu ; Dumb newbie question. I've switched my browser from Firefox to Opera. My mail client is still Mozilla's Thunderbird. When I'm using my mail client, and there's a weblink, Thunderbird still defaulted to Firefox. Can't get it to stop. Have changed ...

  1. Browser question?

    Dumb newbie question. I've switched my browser from Firefox to Opera. My
    mail client is still Mozilla's Thunderbird. When I'm using my mail client,
    and there's a weblink, Thunderbird still defaulted to Firefox. Can't get it
    to stop. Have changed all KDE settings I could find.

    When I use a different mail client [tried sylpheed and Kmail] if there's a
    weblink in there, it defaults to Opera as wanted. What am I doing wrong?

    --
    Everybody's gotta price. No shame, it's all a game, just ask it
    nice..........

  2. Re: Browser question?

    Dallas wrote:
    > Dumb newbie question. I've switched my browser from Firefox to Opera. My
    > mail client is still Mozilla's Thunderbird. When I'm using my mail client,
    > and there's a weblink, Thunderbird still defaulted to Firefox. Can't get it
    > to stop. Have changed all KDE settings I could find.

    In Thunderbird, Edit> Preferences> Advanced> General tab> Config Editor

    Search for these lines:

    network.protocol-handler.app.http
    network.protocol-handler.app.https

    and change the Values to point to the Opera executable (probably
    /usr/bin/opera or some such).

    --
    Mark Warner
    SimplyMEPIS Linux v6.5

  3. Re: Browser question?

    Mark Warner wrote:
    > In Thunderbird, Edit> Preferences> Advanced> General tab> Config Editor
    >
    > Search for these lines:
    >
    > network.protocol-handler.app.http
    > network.protocol-handler.app.https
    >
    > and change the Values to point to the Opera executable (probably
    > /usr/bin/opera or some such).

    Might have to add the lines if they're not already there. Also, might
    want to add:
    network.protocol-handler.app.ftp

    --Benjamin Franklin

+ Reply to Thread