Re: [Dvorak Troll] Vista Lament - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: [Dvorak Troll] Vista Lament - Ubuntu ; * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo: > Just in case you didn't know, Microsoft has produced more millionaire > employees than any other company in history at least last time I checked. Big deal. So has the Colombian ...

  1. Re: [Dvorak Troll] Vista Lament

    > Just in case you didn't know, Microsoft has produced more millionaire
    > employees than any other company in history at least last time I checked.

    Big deal. So has the Colombian drug cartel.

    --
    Many people write memos to tell you they have nothing to say.

  2. Re: [Dvorak Troll] Vista Lament

    Linonut wrote:
    > * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> Just in case you didn't know, Microsoft has produced more millionaire
    >> employees than any other company in history at least last time I checked.

    > Big deal. So has the Colombian drug cartel.

    And a million other "businesses" over time and across many different
    countries which have been equally exploitative and unethical.

  3. Re: [Dvorak Troll] Vista Lament

    On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 11:05:54 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> Just in case you didn't know, Microsoft has produced more millionaire
    >> employees than any other company in history at least last time I checked.

    > Big deal. So has the Colombian drug cartel.

    Last time I looked the Columbian drug cartel was not a company.
    Do they trade on NYSE?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: [Dvorak Troll] Vista Lament

    * Hadron peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > No. You're not. You are frequently caught out in your lies and
    > fraudulent claims. We won't even into the realms of your quite repulsive
    > hypocritical activities.

    Complete bull**** from Hadron. It's pretty funny.

    "Repulsive"? Get real!

    --
    A gentleman never strikes a lady with his hat on.
    -- Fred Allen

  5. Re: [Dvorak Troll] Vista Lament

    Linonut wrote:

    > Hadron puked:
    >
    >> No. You're not. You are frequently caught out in your lies and
    >> fraudulent claims. We won't even into the realms of your quite repulsive
    >> hypocritical activities.

    >Complete bull**** from Hadron. It's pretty funny.

    Hilarious, coming from the nastiest asshole in here, the shameless,
    documented liar "Hadron" Quack.

    >"Repulsive"? Get real!

    Hehe. What a fsckwit.

  6. Re: [Dvorak Troll] Vista Lament

    * chrisv peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> Hadron puked:
    >>
    >>> No. You're not. You are frequently caught out in your lies and
    >>> fraudulent claims. We won't even into the realms of your quite repulsive
    >>> hypocritical activities.

    >>Complete bull**** from Hadron. It's pretty funny.

    > Hilarious, coming from the nastiest asshole in here, the shameless,
    > documented liar "Hadron" Quack.
    >
    >>"Repulsive"? Get real!

    > Hehe. What a fsckwit.

    Yeah. A few years ago, I downloaded Partition Magic with the intent to
    use it, and I do some Windows programming while proclaiming Linux and
    taking note of Microsoft's more unethical dealings or technical
    failures. That's the sum total of my "quite repulsive hypocritical
    activities".

    Now, I'll not contribute any more to the pollution of these fine
    operating-system Q&A newsgroups. Hadron will be plonked everywhere, so
    he's free to claim whatever he wants to claim.

    Godspeed, Hadron.

    --
    Love at first sight is one of the greatest labor-saving devices the
    world has ever seen.

  7. Re: [Dvorak Troll] Vista Lament

    Linonut writes:

    > * chrisv peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hadron puked:

    >>>Complete bull**** from Hadron. It's pretty funny.

    >> Hilarious, coming from the nastiest asshole in here, the shameless,
    >> documented liar "Hadron" Quack.
    >>
    >>>"Repulsive"? Get real!

    >> Hehe. What a fsckwit.

    > Yeah. A few years ago, I downloaded Partition Magic with the intent to
    > use it, and I do some Windows programming while proclaiming Linux and
    > taking note of Microsoft's more unethical dealings or technical
    > failures. That's the sum total of my "quite repulsive hypocritical
    > activities".

    You program for Windows every day. You write closed source SW. You then
    insult others who do the same. You are a hypocrite. DFS has you down to
    a T.

    > Now, I'll not contribute any more to the pollution of these fine
    > operating-system Q&A newsgroups. Hadron will be plonked everywhere, so
    > he's free to claim whatever he wants to claim.
    >
    > Godspeed, Hadron.

    See what I mean about a fraud and a liar? It was only a short time ago
    that Liarnut was showing off about his killfiles and how he wondered if
    I was still around.

    LOL.

    What a fraud.

    --
    Bwahahahahahahahah - Anyone else think that this announcement from the MS
    marketing machine was anything other than a last ditch attempt to try and

  8. Re: [Dvorak Troll] Vista Lament

    Linonut wrote:

    >Yeah. A few years ago, I downloaded Partition Magic with the intent to
    >use it,

    Oh my gosh! You're not pure and perfect! You had an ethical lapse!
    That means that for the rest of your life, you can *never* criticize
    anyone else's ethics! Only if you are **PERFECT** can you do that!

    Sheesh.

    >and I do some Windows programming while proclaiming Linux and
    >taking note of Microsoft's more unethical dealings or technical
    >failures.

    Nothing wrong with that, obviously.

    >That's the sum total of my "quite repulsive hypocritical activities".

    You're way better than any of the filthy lying Wintroll scum, no
    doubt.

    >Now, I'll not contribute any more to the pollution of these fine
    >operating-system Q&A newsgroups. Hadron will be plonked everywhere, so
    >he's free to claim whatever he wants to claim.
    >
    >Godspeed, Hadron.

    I think "FOAD, Hadron" is more appropriate...

  9. Re: [Dvorak Troll] Vista Lament

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Hadron

    wrote
    on Fri, 25 Jul 2008 20:29:10 +0200
    :
    > Linonut writes:
    >
    >> * chrisv peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Hilarious, coming from the nastiest asshole in here, the shameless,
    >>> documented liar "Hadron" Quack.

    >>> Hehe. What a fsckwit.

    >> Yeah. A few years ago, I downloaded Partition Magic with the intent to
    >> use it, and I do some Windows programming while proclaiming Linux and
    >> taking note of Microsoft's more unethical dealings or technical
    >> failures. That's the sum total of my "quite repulsive hypocritical
    >> activities".

    > You program for Windows every day. You write closed source SW. You then
    > insult others who do the same. You are a hypocrite. DFS has you down to
    > a T.

    Yeppers. Anyone who writes for Microsoft must by necessity
    renounce all interest in and advocacy for open source
    software, get a copy of Vista Ultimate, and just SFU,
    which is also a Microsoft utility package, of course,
    if one really needs Unix-like utilities.

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/i.../bb380242.aspx

    (This includes myself, of course, since Microsoft is one
    of our larger vendors. A lot of others may also
    be in this boat. A lot of others will not be.)

    Oh, BTW:

    http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/p...cesensePR.mspx
    http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente...en_source.html

    Double-edged sword (good news: they're contributing; bad
    news: they want Apache to support OOXML), but interesting
    nonetheless. Apache must now of course renounce all
    interest in *itself*, and sell IIS instead.

    Since OpenOffice also supports Microsoft formats (not
    OOXML -- yet), they should also abdicate in favor of Word.

    (http://www.openoffice.org)

    [rest snipped]

    Where did you want to go tomorrow?

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Linux. Because it's there and it works.
    Windows. It's there, but does it work?

  10. Re: [Dvorak Troll] Vista Lament

    Lots of companies don't trade on the NYSE. In the case of the Colombian Drug
    Cartel, it is most certainly a company. It has income, it has expenses, it
    has a board of directors and it runs the local governments by whatever
    methods of intimidation it can bring to bear. (Well, actually, it IS the
    government for a major chunk of Colombia, though the visible hand of the
    U.S. government is spending hundreds of millions in bribes to people to get
    them to leave the cartel, and the program appears to be working for the
    moment.)

    A "privately held" company with, I'll venture, the DEA and the CIA (the
    other hand of the US government) as major, albeit silent, partners.

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS-MVP Shell/User

    "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote in message
    > On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 11:05:54 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>
    >>> Just in case you didn't know, Microsoft has produced more millionaire
    >>> employees than any other company in history at least last time I
    >>> checked.

    >> Big deal. So has the Colombian drug cartel.

    > Last time I looked the Columbian drug cartel was not a company.
    > Do they trade on NYSE?
    >
    > --
    > Moshe Goldfarb
    > http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/