backup to CDrom? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on backup to CDrom? - Ubuntu ; I made a copy of /home/ccashion/.... Then I read it to make sure it was good. then I wanted to read it on my vista laptop. The first thing vista wanted was to (a) close the cdrom or (b) something ...

  1. backup to CDrom?

    I made a copy of /home/ccashion/....
    Then I read it to make sure it was good.
    then I wanted to read it on my vista laptop.
    The first thing vista wanted was to (a) close
    the cdrom or (b) something else. I think I
    chose (b) something else. Now I cannot read
    the cd on either ubuntu or vista.

    Q: Is there any way I can recover my info?
    Charles

  2. Re: backup to CDrom?

    On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 21:46:38 -0500, charles cashion wrote:

    > I made a copy of /home/ccashion/....
    > Then I read it to make sure it was good.
    > then I wanted to read it on my vista laptop.
    > The first thing vista wanted was to (a) close
    > the cdrom or (b) something else. I think I
    > chose (b) something else. Now I cannot read
    > the cd on either ubuntu or vista.

    LOL!!! That's a lesson for you moron Vista users! ROFL!

    > Q: Is there any way I can recover my info?

    I hope not.

  3. Re: backup to CDrom?

    charles cashion wrote:
    > I made a copy of /home/ccashion/....
    > Then I read it to make sure it was good.
    > then I wanted to read it on my vista laptop.
    > The first thing vista wanted was to (a) close
    > the cdrom or (b) something else. I think I
    > chose (b) something else. Now I cannot read
    > the cd on either ubuntu or vista.
    >
    > Q: Is there any way I can recover my info?
    > Charles

    You may have messed up on permissions.
    Have you tried
    gksudo nautilus