backup to CDrom failed???` - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on backup to CDrom failed???` - Ubuntu ; I backed up /home/ccashion/* to a CDrom. I simply used mkdir /media/cdrom/home mkdir /media/cdrom/home/ccashion cp -r /home/ccashion/* /medica/cdrom/home/ccashion/. I then read the CD to see if it was good. Then I think I goofed. I tried to read it in ...

  1. backup to CDrom failed???`

    I backed up /home/ccashion/* to a CDrom.
    I simply used
    mkdir /media/cdrom/home
    mkdir /media/cdrom/home/ccashion
    cp -r /home/ccashion/* /medica/cdrom/home/ccashion/.
    I then read the CD to see if it was good.
    Then I think I goofed.
    I tried to read it in my Vista laptop.
    the first thing vista wanted to was to either
    (a) close the CD or (b) something else. I think
    I picked (a). Now I cannot read the CD on either
    vista or ubuntu.

    Q: Is there any way I can get my backup?
    Charles

  2. Re: backup to CDrom failed???`

    * charles cashion :
    > I backed up /home/ccashion/* to a CDrom.
    > I simply used
    > mkdir /media/cdrom/home
    > mkdir /media/cdrom/home/ccashion
    > cp -r /home/ccashion/* /medica/cdrom/home/ccashion/.
    > I then read the CD to see if it was good.
    > Then I think I goofed.
    > I tried to read it in my Vista laptop.
    > the first thing vista wanted to was to either
    > (a) close the CD or (b) something else. I think
    > I picked (a). Now I cannot read the CD on either
    > vista or ubuntu.
    >
    > Q: Is there any way I can get my backup?
    > Charles

    Have a look in '/media/cdrom' without a disc in your CD drive and see
    whether your files are still there.

    --
    James Michael Fultz
    Remove this part when replying ^^^^^^^^