On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 23:37:46 +0200, Hadron wrote:

> Here's a great little spat going on. It seems the debian developers
> decided to screw up peoples machines in an attempt to stop them using
> NVidias installer. I had the problem (I was called a liar in COLA of
> course).
>

> ,----
>| From: Dave Uhring
>| Subject: Re: XEN in non-XEN Lenny 686 kernel
>| Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.debian
>| Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 15:15:57 -0500

>|> How Debian developer see it:
>|> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=481485
>|
>| Wankers, all of them.
>|
>| There is no reason whatsoever for configuring XEN in the standard kernel
>| except to create a deliberate problem.

>| There is only *one* file which gets broken and I know from experience
>| which one it is.

>|> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=481161
>|
>| It's always someone else's fault. If I wanted a XEN kernel I would
>| install one.
>|
>|> Seems that open-source-developers cant live in peace with
>|> closed-sources- programmers.
>|
>| It reminds me of the dick contest between them and Jörg Schilling a few
>| years ago.
> `----

Wonderful.....

That's what happens when there is no accountability, no checks and balances
and too many Indians and not enough chiefs.

When you depend upon basement ware Linux, this is the kind of crap that you
are going to have to deal with.

All it takes is for one weirdo developer to go *skitzo* and the childish
pranks will begin.

Then there is Hans Reiser......
Well, he took it a wee bit too far.

Obsession with Linux will do that to you.

--
Moshe Goldfarb
Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots: