Wubi installation - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Wubi installation - Ubuntu ; I am right now installing ubuntu using wubi. I have downloaded wubi, started installtion, it took 50 minutes to download ubuntu @200KiB/Sec. And now it is taking another 50 minutes checking installation files (I guess it is verifying the download ...

  1. Wubi installation

    I am right now installing ubuntu using wubi.
    I have downloaded wubi, started installtion,
    it took 50 minutes to download ubuntu @200KiB/Sec.
    And now it is taking another 50 minutes checking installation files (I guess
    it is verifying the download arrgg)

    how to disable the download verification???

    Scott

  2. Re: Wubi installation

    On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 14:48:56 +0100, tim wrote
    (in article <4t0hk.100066$KW4.92032@newsfe16.ams2>):

    > I am right now installing ubuntu using wubi.
    > I have downloaded wubi, started installtion,
    > it took 50 minutes to download ubuntu @200KiB/Sec.
    > And now it is taking another 50 minutes checking installation files (I guess
    > it is verifying the download arrgg)
    >
    > how to disable the download verification???
    >
    > Scott

    I've just installed Ubuntu via wubi to my laptop. Download took not long
    (although I had previously downloaded the os iso) and installation well less
    than an hour. I now have a fully functional Ubuntu that runs at a pretty fair
    lick. I'm impressed, this is a nice and easy way to run a trial.

    If things work out I will eventually dump Vista and turn the entire laptop
    over to Ubuntu (or Kubuntu). I may well run XP in a vm within U/Kubuntu but
    that remains to be seen.

    Colin

+ Reply to Thread