Re: [News] [Rival] Windows XP Support Seems Dead - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: [News] [Rival] Windows XP Support Seems Dead - Ubuntu ; On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 22:43:40 -0400, DFS wrote: > Roy Schestowitz wrote: > > >> http://weblog.infoworld.com/gripelin...tml?source=rss >> >> Windows: when your time and patience are worthless? > > Only 8 hours? This Linux dirtware victim spent a week getting ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Re: [News] [Rival] Windows XP Support Seems Dead

  1. Re: [News] [Rival] Windows XP Support Seems Dead

    On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 22:43:40 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >
    >> http://weblog.infoworld.com/gripelin...tml?source=rss
    >>
    >> Windows: when your time and patience are worthless?

    >
    > Only 8 hours? This Linux dirtware victim spent a week getting the slopware
    > to work on his laptop.
    >
    >
    > "My new Toshiba A200 (PSAF1A) works beautifully after a week of hard work
    > getting opensuse 10.3 to work."
    >
    > http://forums.suselinuxsupport.de/in...howtopic=63815



    Linux is free only when your time has no value.


    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Windows XP Support Seems Dead

    "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote in
    news:1smvkwxolwyvq$.1to4qi81f893p.dlg@40tude.net:

    > On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 22:43:40 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>> http://weblog.infoworld.com/gripelin...the_suspicious
    >>> .html?source=rss
    >>>
    >>> Windows: when your time and patience are worthless?

    >>
    >> Only 8 hours? This Linux dirtware victim spent a week getting the
    >> slopware to work on his laptop.
    >>
    >>
    >> "My new Toshiba A200 (PSAF1A) works beautifully after a week of hard
    >> work getting opensuse 10.3 to work."
    >>
    >> http://forums.suselinuxsupport.de/in...howtopic=63815

    >
    >
    > Linux is free only when your time has no value.


    It is then fairly apparent that your time has no value either.

    Or do you get paid for your time spent posting ?


  3. Re: [News] [Rival] Windows XP Support Seems Dead

    On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 01:31:38 +0000 (UTC), DanS wrote:

    > "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote in
    > news:1smvkwxolwyvq$.1to4qi81f893p.dlg@40tude.net:
    >
    >> On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 22:43:40 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>> http://weblog.infoworld.com/gripelin...the_suspicious
    >>>> .html?source=rss
    >>>>
    >>>> Windows: when your time and patience are worthless?
    >>>
    >>> Only 8 hours? This Linux dirtware victim spent a week getting the
    >>> slopware to work on his laptop.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> "My new Toshiba A200 (PSAF1A) works beautifully after a week of hard
    >>> work getting opensuse 10.3 to work."
    >>>
    >>> http://forums.suselinuxsupport.de/in...howtopic=63815

    >>
    >>
    >> Linux is free only when your time has no value.

    >
    > It is then fairly apparent that your time has no value either.
    >
    > Or do you get paid for your time spent posting ?


    I multi-task....

    Right now I am transcribing some Glenn Miller acetate disks to hdisk using
    Nuendo.

    I know that's a foreign concept to you kernel compiling loons, but yes,
    some people are able to do more than one thing at once.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  4. Re: [News] [Rival] Windows XP Support Seems Dead

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 01:31:38 +0000 (UTC), DanS wrote:
    >
    >> "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote in
    >> news:1smvkwxolwyvq$.1to4qi81f893p.dlg@40tude.net:
    >>
    >>> On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 22:43:40 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>> http://weblog.infoworld.com/gripelin...the_suspicious
    >>>>> .html?source=rss
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Windows: when your time and patience are worthless?
    >>>> Only 8 hours? This Linux dirtware victim spent a week getting the
    >>>> slopware to work on his laptop.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> "My new Toshiba A200 (PSAF1A) works beautifully after a week of hard
    >>>> work getting opensuse 10.3 to work."
    >>>>
    >>>> http://forums.suselinuxsupport.de/in...howtopic=63815
    >>>
    >>> Linux is free only when your time has no value.

    >> It is then fairly apparent that your time has no value either.
    >>
    >> Or do you get paid for your time spent posting ?

    >
    > I multi-task....
    >


    Can you do it properly, or is it a half-hearted effort, much like Windows?

+ Reply to Thread