Re: Windows Vista vs Ubuntu Hardy Heron - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: Windows Vista vs Ubuntu Hardy Heron - Ubuntu ; On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 22:39:35 -0400, DFS wrote: > ml2mst wrote: > >> No matter what DFS > > Show me a single lie, dumb****. > > >> and his fellow liars want to make you believe, I >> ...

  1. Re: Windows Vista vs Ubuntu Hardy Heron

    On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 22:39:35 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > ml2mst wrote:
    >
    >> No matter what DFS

    > Show me a single lie, dumb****.
    >

    >> and his fellow liars want to make you believe, I
    >> declare the Acer Aspire 7220 "Linux ready".

    > Acer recommends Vista Home Premium for the Aspire 7220
    > http://global.acer.com/PRODUCTS/notebook/as7220.htm
    >

    > You can declare anything you want, but based on the incredible hassles with
    > Aspires, Linux seems to not be ready for them:
    > http://www.debianhelp.org/node/12856
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ht=Aspire+7220
    >
    > The Ubuntu forums alone have 250 problem threads relating to Acer Aspire
    > laptops
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/search.php?searchid=44868830
    >
    > So isn't it a fact that Linux - with it's crappy hardware recognition, poor
    > wireless support, poor power management support - isn't ready for any
    > laptop?

    Reading all that brings tears to my eyes?
    Why on earth would people punish themselves with garbage like Linux?

    Leave Linux on the geek servers where it belongs.

    Linux is just not ready for the desktop because there are far too many
    hassles.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: Windows Vista vs Ubuntu Hardy Heron

    On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 12:38:35 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > Linux is just not ready for the desktop because there are far too many
    > hassles.

    It does take some intelligence to use it - perhaps that is where you have
    been having trouble?

  3. Re: Windows Vista vs Ubuntu Hardy Heron

    * Arse Cork OK peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 12:38:35 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >
    >> Linux is just not ready for the desktop because there are far too many
    >> hassles.

    > It does take some intelligence to use it - perhaps that is where you have
    > been having trouble?

    The "problem" with Linux for most average consumers?

    1. It isn't preloaded, and certainly not under the auspices of a
    monopolistic software vendor.

    2. It isn't an exact clone of Windows.

    The second "problem" isn't all that big of one, however, since most
    people really don't grok Windows all that well, either.

    --
    There is no doubt that my lawyer is honest. For example, when he
    filed his income tax return last year, he declared half of his salary

  4. Re: Windows Vista vs Ubuntu Hardy Heron

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    |Reading all that brings tears to my eyes?
    |Why on earth would people punish themselves with garbage like Linux?
    |
    |Leave Linux on the geek servers where it belongs.
    |
    |Linux is just not ready for the desktop because there are far too many
    |hassles.

    I do not understand all the drama. It's matter os an OS, something
    which enables us to do stuff on a computer. There's nothing geeky or
    wrong with the latest popular Linux distributions like Ubuntu and
    PCLinuxOS. They install without major problems and does what most
    people need done. There's still some lag with regards to drivers for
    some devices, but even that's getting better.

    I ran Linux back in the last Millenium. Now, that was a challenge.
    Especially to install was time consuming and frustrating. But when it
    ran, it ran. Now install of for instance PCLinuxOS is faster than
    Windows Vista even if Vista is previously installed.

    And then there's Vista. I relly like Vista a lot. It simply works for
    me. I have both Linux and Vista on my laptop. I use what I think is
    best and gets my job done most efficiently. Right now it's Vista. But!
    There's a great but! If you computer is made before 2007 forget it. On
    my old laptop I have PCLinuxOs. I tried Vista on it, but it won't run
    well. And if I have to choose between XP and Linux, it'll be Linux.

    Sorry for not being a fanboy either way!

    --
    //ceed

  5. Re: Windows Vista vs Ubuntu Hardy Heron

    In article <48837e40$0$26077$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk>, Arse Cork OK wrote:
    >On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 12:38:35 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >
    >> Linux is just not ready for the desktop because there are far too many
    >> hassles.

    >It does take some intelligence to use it - perhaps that is where you have
    >been having trouble?

    I'm not that smart and I have no problems with linux I haven't been able to
    fix (often with help admittedly). Where's the problem ?.

+ Reply to Thread