Optus Internet on a DLink adsl - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Optus Internet on a DLink adsl - Ubuntu ; I would like to setup my ADSL on my linux box but don't know how to will linux know my modem or can I get drivers for it will it work with Optus internet what other info do I or ...

  1. Optus Internet on a DLink adsl

    I would like to setup my ADSL on my linux box but don't know how to
    will linux know my modem or can I get drivers for it
    will it work with Optus internet
    what other info do I or you need to know
    thanks
    Chris

    Modem DLink DSL-G604T
    Austrlain Optusnet www.optusnet.com.au

  2. Re: Optus Internet on a DLink adsl

    Chris Taylor wrote:
    > I would like to setup my ADSL on my linux box but don't know how to
    > will linux know my modem or can I get drivers for it
    > will it work with Optus internet
    > what other info do I or you need to know
    > thanks
    > Chris
    >
    > Modem DLink DSL-G604T
    > Austrlain Optusnet www.optusnet.com.au

    I'm also using standard adsl and cant see a driver problem happening
    because yours is a standard ADSL+ modem/router. Have been with comcen
    and iprimus using Linux OS and other than a broken power supply
    adaptor had no major Lan problems - even after I started messing with
    stuff above my knowledge base (before I found this NG) just trying
    for Utopian download speed,

    If you haven't already established the ADSL/Modem connection it would
    help to read this before plugging Lan into your Linux box
    http://www.cnet.com.au/wireless/rout...9271817,00.htm

    And may help to right click Ubuntu top and bottom panels/properties
    and show hide buttons to give Firefox more room if the same IE
    compatibility problem still exists in Firefox3

    This is a proven good place to ask first instead of meddling

    HTH

    --
    Bob
    Calling alcoholism 'a disease' is