using Agent under Wine - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on using Agent under Wine - Ubuntu ; I've been trying to set up Agent to run under Wine. My email accounts as well as NNTP accounts all require SSL. So far, I have not been able to get Agent to download/upload anything from pop, smtp or nntp ...

  1. using Agent under Wine

    I've been trying to set up Agent to run under Wine. My email accounts
    as well as NNTP accounts all require SSL. So far, I have not been
    able to get Agent to download/upload anything from pop, smtp or nntp
    servers. It just errors-out for unspecified reasons.

    Does Agent depend on windows SSL libraries? Anyone else got Agent to
    work under SSL conditions??

  2. Re: using Agent under Wine

    * grasshopper wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:
    > I've been trying to set up Agent to run under Wine. My email accounts
    > as well as NNTP accounts all require SSL. So far, I have not been
    > able to get Agent to download/upload anything from pop, smtp or nntp
    > servers. It just errors-out for unspecified reasons.

    > Does Agent depend on windows SSL libraries? Anyone else got Agent to
    > work under SSL conditions??

    Apparently this does not work

    http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...estingId=22756

    --
    David
    Se vocÍ morrer antes de mim, pergunte se pode levar um amigo.

  3. Re: using Agent under Wine

    grasshopper wrote:
    > I've been trying to set up Agent to run under Wine. My email accounts
    > as well as NNTP accounts all require SSL. So far, I have not been
    > able to get Agent to download/upload anything from pop, smtp or nntp
    > servers. It just errors-out for unspecified reasons.
    >
    > Does Agent depend on windows SSL libraries? Anyone else got Agent to
    > work under SSL conditions??

    Another reporter in the wine app db reports SSL problems w/ Agent 4.1 in
    Wine 0.9.58.

    http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...sion&iId=11369
    What does not
    Secure NNTP -- SSL over NNTP to port 563.

    This person sez he does...

    http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Arch...net.discuss/20
    08-02/msg00427.html or http://snipr.com/31gf2
    I use Agent and Dialog (under WINE) with stunnel4.

    --
    Mike Easter

  4. Re: using Agent under Wine

    On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 13:12:45 -0700, Mike Easter wrote:

    > grasshopper wrote:
    >> I've been trying to set up Agent to run under Wine.

    Why not use stunnel4? Then you can use any linux email and nntp client.

+ Reply to Thread