Ooops! - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Ooops! - Ubuntu ; Evening all I did something to my desktop. The first thing that happened was that anything I opened stopped appearing on the taskbar. So I removed the taskbar and now I can't get it back. Any ideas? -- Andy Jacobs...

  1. Ooops!

    --
    Andy Jacobs

  2. Re: Ooops!

    On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 14:42:33 -0500, Andy Jacobs wrote:

    > Evening all
    >
    > I did something to my desktop. The first thing that happened was that
    > anything I opened stopped appearing on the taskbar.
    >
    > So I removed the taskbar and now I can't get it back.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    To get the taskbar back after you deleted it:
    Right-click on any panel, choose "New Panel".
    To add a new Window list to your new panel, right-click it and choose
    "Add to Panel". In the little list choose "Window List" and click "+Add".
    Hope I made it clear to you.

    --
    Greetings,
    Milan

  3. Re: Ooops!

    On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 22:35:01 +0000, Milan Boers wrote:

    > On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 14:42:33 -0500, Andy Jacobs wrote:
    >
    >> Evening all
    >>
    >> I did something to my desktop. The first thing that happened was that
    >> anything I opened stopped appearing on the taskbar.
    >>
    >> So I removed the taskbar and now I can't get it back.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?

    > To get the taskbar back after you deleted it: Right-click on any panel,
    > choose "New Panel". To add a new Window list to your new panel,
    > right-click it and choose "Add to Panel". In the little list choose
    > "Window List" and click "+Add". Hope I made it clear to you.

    Cheers for that! Did the trick

    --
    Andy Jacobs

+ Reply to Thread