(OT) Astroturfers Run Amok? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on (OT) Astroturfers Run Amok? - Ubuntu ; SINNER illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing: > * Moog wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu: >> Trevor Best illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing: >>> On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 19:11:21 +0000, Moog wrote: > >>>> %BOS >>>> % Kill Advocacy crossposts >>>> [alt.os.linux.ubuntu] >>>> Score: ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 31 of 31

  1. Re: (OT) Astroturfers Run Amok?

    SINNER illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > * Moog wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:
    >> Trevor Best illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    >>> Perhaps the quoted ones above fix it. Try that one again but without
    >>> quoting any of the others.

    >> OK.

    >> %BOS
    >> % Kill Advocacy crossposts
    >> [alt.os.linux.ubuntu]
    >> Score: =-9999
    >> %EOS

    >> I don't actually think it's slrn. I think it's whoever responded to
    >> me's "newsreader". I can't be bothered going back to check.

    > I use slrn and see it in your original post which Moe quoted, its likely
    > a setting he has that stripped it, now tell Trevor to get a newsreader
    > thats been updated in the last 5 years ;P~

    Indeed. Isn't Moe using the old 0.9.8 version? Perhaps that's a
    reason?

    And yes. Trevor, stop using some old dinsoaur of a newsresder and get
    into the noughties. ;-)

    --
    "So I rang up a local building firm, I said 'I want a skip outside my
    house.' He said 'I'm not stopping you.' ~ Tim Vine

  2. Re: (OT) Astroturfers Run Amok?

    On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 08:10:49 +0000, Moog wrote:

    > And yes. Trevor, stop using some old dinsoaur of a newsresder and get
    > into the noughties. ;-)

    Is "old" a mark of deficiency? Or does that only apply to cars and wine?
    ;-)

    --
    John

  3. Re: (OT) Astroturfers Run Amok?

    John F. Morse illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 08:10:49 +0000, Moog wrote:
    >
    >> And yes. Trevor, stop using some old dinsoaur of a newsresder and get
    >> into the noughties. ;-)

    > Is "old" a mark of deficiency? Or does that only apply to cars and wine?
    > ;-)

    "Old" wasn't the quote "Old dinosaur" was. But if the cap fits....
    ;-)

    --
    "So I rang up my local swimming baths. I said 'Is that the local
    swimming baths?' He said 'It depends where you're calling from.'" ~ Tim

  4. Re: (OT) Astroturfers Run Amok?

    On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 08:10:49 +0000, Moog wrote:

    > And yes. Trevor, stop using some old dinsoaur of a newsresder and get
    > into the noughties. ;-)

    Says he using an MS-DOS lookalike

    --
    A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.

  5. Re: (OT) Astroturfers Run Amok?

    * Moog peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Trevor Best illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >> On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 05:19:26 +0000, Moog wrote:
    >>
    >>> Yes. Weird. slrn is stripping the "Xref:" tag. That line was pasted
    >>> in.

    >> Get a real newsreader then :-P

    > Heh. Touche.

    Nah, just configure slrn to show Xref.

    --
    Q: What did Tarzan say when he saw the elephants coming over the hill?
    A: "The elephants are coming over the hill."

    Q: What did he say when saw them coming over the hill wearing sunglasses?
    A: Nothing, for he didn't recognize them.

  6. Re: (OT) Astroturfers Run Amok?

    Moog wrote:

    > Trevor Best illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >> On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 08:10:49 +0000, Moog wrote:
    >>
    >>> And yes. Trevor, stop using some old dinsoaur of a newsresder and get
    >>> into the noughties. ;-)

    >> Says he using an MS-DOS lookalike

    > My slrn looks a million miles better than that wanky pan layout.
    >
    > Still. A bucket of puke would look better than the pan layout. ;-)

    I just wonder why you don't use a real newsreader. And why Gnus is
    the only real one.

    ;-)

    Florian

  7. Re: (OT) Astroturfers Run Amok?

    * Florian Diesch peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Moog wrote:
    >
    >> Trevor Best illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    >>> Says he using an MS-DOS lookalike

    >> My slrn looks a million miles better than that wanky pan layout.
    >>
    >> Still. A bucket of puke would look better than the pan layout. ;-)

    > I just wonder why you don't use a real newsreader. And why Gnus is
    > the only real one.

    I find slrn to be fast, and I installed a vi-like set of keybindings.

    Besides, isn't slang better than elisp?

    --
    Majority, n.:
    That quality that distinguishes a crime from a law.

  8. Re: (OT) Astroturfers Run Amok?

    Florian Diesch illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > Moog wrote:
    >
    >> Trevor Best illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    >>> Says he using an MS-DOS lookalike

    >> My slrn looks a million miles better than that wanky pan layout.
    >>
    >> Still. A bucket of puke would look better than the pan layout. ;-)

    > I just wonder why you don't use a real newsreader. And why Gnus is
    > the only real one.
    >

    > ;-)

    Gnus....aaah...If only I had the time to learn another Operating
    System.
    ;-)

    --
    "People come up to me and say, "Do people really come up to you?" ~ Emo
    Philips

  9. Re: (OT) Astroturfers Run Amok?

    Moog wrote:

    > Florian Diesch illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >> Moog wrote:
    >>
    >>> Trevor Best illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    >>> My slrn looks a million miles better than that wanky pan layout.
    >>>
    >>> Still. A bucket of puke would look better than the pan layout. ;-)

    >> I just wonder why you don't use a real newsreader. And why Gnus is
    >> the only real one.
    >>

    >> ;-)

    > Gnus....aaah...If only I had the time to learn another Operating
    > System.
    > ;-)

    It comes with a build-in psychotherapist. I wonder how people could
    read newsgroups without that.

    Florian

  10. Re: (OT) Astroturfers Run Amok?

    Florian Diesch illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > Moog wrote:
    >
    >> Florian Diesch illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    >>> I just wonder why you don't use a real newsreader. And why Gnus is
    >>> the only real one.
    >>>

    >>> ;-)

    >> Gnus....aaah...If only I had the time to learn another Operating
    >> System.
    >> ;-)

    > It comes with a build-in psychotherapist. I wonder how people could
    > read newsgroups without that.

    I'm so *there*.

    AOLU certainly needs a psycho-therapist with the amount of goons
    appearing recently. ;-)

    --
    I went to Millets and said 'I want to buy a tent.' He said 'To camp?',
    I said [butchly] 'Sorry, I want to buy a tent.' I said 'I also want to

    On 2008-07-28, Florian Diesch hit the keyboard and wrote:
    > Moog wrote:
    >
    >> Florian Diesch illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    >>> I just wonder why you don't use a real newsreader. And why Gnus is
    >>> the only real one.
    >>>

    >>> ;-)

    >> Gnus....aaah...If only I had the time to learn another Operating
    >> System.
    >> ;-)

    > It comes with a build-in psychotherapist. I wonder how people could
    > read newsgroups without that.

    Ah yeah the "Doctor", but isn't this part of XEmacs/Emacs?
    It has been some years that I used the combination of
    XEmacs/Gnus too, so I could be wrong.

    > Florian

    Dragomir Kollaric

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2