Re: [News] KDE4 Desktop Finds Early Lovers - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: [News] KDE4 Desktop Finds Early Lovers - Ubuntu ; On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 19:56:05 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote: > That's what they labeled early builds of 4.0. Or 3.8... > > There's plenty of time for KDE4 to become as stable and feature-complete as > 3.5.x. There will ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 57

  1. Re: [News] KDE4 Desktop Finds Early Lovers

    On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 19:56:05 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > That's what they labeled early builds of 4.0. Or 3.8...
    >
    > There's plenty of time for KDE4 to become as stable and feature-complete as
    > 3.5.x. There will be another new release of 3.5 next month. It's not going
    > away until KDE4 is rock solid.

    But........

    You Linux loons have been claiming that there is nothing wrong with Kde
    4.x?

    So now we have to wait until KDE 4.x is stable?

    What a bunch of liars you Linux loons are....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: [News] KDE4 Desktop Finds Early Lovers

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb.

    wrote
    on Tue, 15 Jul 2008 21:11:06 -0400
    <112gurw8i2nhe$.1kapjbjey01l6$.dlg@40tude.net>:
    > On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 19:56:05 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >

    >> That's what they labeled early builds of 4.0. Or 3.8...
    >>
    >> There's plenty of time for KDE4 to become as stable and feature-complete as
    >> 3.5.x. There will be another new release of 3.5 next month. It's not going
    >> away until KDE4 is rock solid.
    >>

    > But........
    >
    > You Linux loons have been claiming that there is nothing wrong with Kde
    > 4.x?

    There is plenty wrong with KDE 4.0. For starters, it looks nothing at
    all like Gnome, and the set-points of the GUI configuration do not
    overlap 100%.

    > So now we have to wait until KDE 4.x is stable?

    Not at all. One can merely go back to Windows Vista,
    which is now stable.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Linux. Because Windows' Blue Screen Of Death is just
    way too frightening to novice users.

  3. Re: [News] KDE4 Desktop Finds Early Lovers

    On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 19:47:18 -0700, The Ghost In The Machine wrote:

    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb.
    >
    > wrote
    > on Tue, 15 Jul 2008 21:11:06 -0400
    > <112gurw8i2nhe$.1kapjbjey01l6$.dlg@40tude.net>:
    >> On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 19:56:05 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>

    >>> That's what they labeled early builds of 4.0. Or 3.8...
    >>>
    >>> There's plenty of time for KDE4 to become as stable and feature-complete as
    >>> 3.5.x. There will be another new release of 3.5 next month. It's not going
    >>> away until KDE4 is rock solid.
    >>>

    >> But........
    >>
    >> You Linux loons have been claiming that there is nothing wrong with Kde
    >> 4.x?

    > There is plenty wrong with KDE 4.0. For starters, it looks nothing at
    > all like Gnome, and the set-points of the GUI configuration do not
    > overlap 100%.
    >

    >> So now we have to wait until KDE 4.x is stable?

    > Not at all. One can merely go back to Windows Vista,
    > which is now stable.
    >

    >> What a bunch of liars you Linux loons are....

    Yawwn....
    You're starting to bore me Ghost....
    Get back on the rails again instead of purposely being obtuse like
    Jebbidiah...

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  4. Re: [News] KDE4 Desktop Finds Early Lovers

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 19:56:05 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >

    >> That's what they labeled early builds of 4.0. Or 3.8...
    >>
    >> There's plenty of time for KDE4 to become as stable and feature-complete as
    >> 3.5.x. There will be another new release of 3.5 next month. It's not going
    >> away until KDE4 is rock solid.
    >>

    > But........
    >
    > You Linux loons have been claiming that there is nothing wrong with Kde
    > 4.x?
    >
    > So now we have to wait until KDE 4.x is stable?
    >
    > What a bunch of liars you Linux loons are....

    Don't talk about initial releases of Linux products being unstable. I
    have one word for you:

    Vista.

  5. Re: [News] KDE4 Desktop Finds Early Lovers

    On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 21:11:06 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 19:56:05 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >

    >> That's what they labeled early builds of 4.0. Or 3.8...
    >>
    >> There's plenty of time for KDE4 to become as stable and
    >> feature-complete as 3.5.x. There will be another new release of 3.5
    >> next month. It's not going away until KDE4 is rock solid.
    >>

    > But........
    >
    > You Linux loons have been claiming that there is nothing wrong with Kde
    > 4.x?
    >
    > So now we have to wait until KDE 4.x is stable?
    >
    > What a bunch of liars you Linux loons are....

    I have already given you references from the devs plainly stating that
    KDE4 is not yet ready for production machines. It is a bleeding edge
    release. It is out there to find the bugs and fix them.

    Here are som more:

    4.1 should --approach-- production status. Approach.

    This is what happens when people just pick up a tool, and try to use it
    without first learning how to use it.

    --
    Rick

  6. Re: [News] KDE4 Desktop Finds Early Lovers

    Ben wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 19:56:05 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>

    >>> That's what they labeled early builds of 4.0. Or 3.8...
    >>>
    >>> There's plenty of time for KDE4 to become as stable and
    >>> feature-complete as
    >>> 3.5.x. There will be another new release of 3.5 next month. It's not
    >>> going
    >>> away until KDE4 is rock solid.
    >>>

    >> But........
    >>
    >> You Linux loons have been claiming that there is nothing wrong with Kde
    >> 4.x?
    >>
    >> So now we have to wait until KDE 4.x is stable?
    >>
    >> What a bunch of liars you Linux loons are....
    >>

    > Don't talk about initial releases of Linux products being unstable. I
    > have one word for you:
    >
    > Vista.

    And I have one word for you:

    Liar!

  7. Re: [News] KDE4 Desktop Finds Early Lovers

    On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 14:16:40 +0100, Ben wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 19:56:05 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>

    >>> That's what they labeled early builds of 4.0. Or 3.8...
    >>>
    >>> There's plenty of time for KDE4 to become as stable and feature-complete as
    >>> 3.5.x. There will be another new release of 3.5 next month. It's not going
    >>> away until KDE4 is rock solid.
    >>>

    >> But........
    >>
    >> You Linux loons have been claiming that there is nothing wrong with Kde
    >> 4.x?
    >>
    >> So now we have to wait until KDE 4.x is stable?
    >>
    >> What a bunch of liars you Linux loons are....
    >>

    > Don't talk about initial releases of Linux products being unstable. I
    > have one word for you:
    >
    > Vista.

    Nice try, but I am certainly no fan of Vista.
    I'm on record many times as stating such...

    The difference is, the Linux loons have been denying that problems exist
    with kde 4.x and now all of a sudden they post tripe like "when the bugs
    get fixed" etc....

    Hypocrites....
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  8. Re: [News] KDE4 Desktop Finds Early Lovers

    On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 08:54:19 -0500, Rick wrote:

    > On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 21:11:06 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 19:56:05 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>

    >>> That's what they labeled early builds of 4.0. Or 3.8...
    >>>
    >>> There's plenty of time for KDE4 to become as stable and
    >>> feature-complete as 3.5.x. There will be another new release of 3.5
    >>> next month. It's not going away until KDE4 is rock solid.
    >>>

    >> But........
    >>
    >> You Linux loons have been claiming that there is nothing wrong with Kde
    >> 4.x?
    >>
    >> So now we have to wait until KDE 4.x is stable?
    >>
    >> What a bunch of liars you Linux loons are....

    > I have already given you references from the devs plainly stating that
    > KDE4 is not yet ready for production machines. It is a bleeding edge
    > release. It is out there to find the bugs and fix them.

    I'm not talking about developers, the real Linux advocates.
    I'm talking about Linux loons in COLA.

    A totally different animal..
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  9. Re: [News] KDE4 Desktop Finds Early Lovers

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 14:16:40 +0100, Ben wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> But........
    >>>
    >>> You Linux loons have been claiming that there is nothing wrong with Kde
    >>> 4.x?
    >>>
    >>> So now we have to wait until KDE 4.x is stable?
    >>>
    >>> What a bunch of liars you Linux loons are....
    >>>

    >> Don't talk about initial releases of Linux products being unstable. I
    >> have one word for you:
    >>
    >> Vista.

    > Nice try, but I am certainly no fan of Vista.
    > I'm on record many times as stating such...
    >
    > The difference is, the Linux loons have been denying that problems exist
    > with kde 4.x and now all of a sudden they post tripe like "when the bugs
    > get fixed" etc....
    >
    > Hypocrites....

    I've never thought that KDE 4 has been ready for mainstream release yet.
    In fact, I installed it on my laptop (on which I use KDE, the rest of my
    computers run on GNOME) and the next day I reverted back to KDE 3.5, and
    I've been telling people how buggy it is right now ever since.

  10. Re: [News] KDE4 Desktop Finds Early Lovers

    On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 10:57:18 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 14:16:40 +0100, Ben wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> But........
    >>>
    >>> You Linux loons have been claiming that there is nothing wrong with
    >>> Kde 4.x?
    >>>
    >>> So now we have to wait until KDE 4.x is stable?
    >>>
    >>> What a bunch of liars you Linux loons are....
    >>>

    >> Don't talk about initial releases of Linux products being unstable. I
    >> have one word for you:
    >>
    >> Vista.

    > Nice try, but I am certainly no fan of Vista. I'm on record many times
    > as stating such...
    >
    > The difference is, the Linux loons have been denying that problems exist
    > with kde 4.x and now all of a sudden they post tripe like "when the bugs
    > get fixed" etc....
    >
    > Hypocrites....

    Bigot bitch. KDE4 is not a production systems. The developers have said
    so. At least of the distro packagers have said so. The developers have
    said to wait AT LEST for 4.1, and possibly later.

    --
    Rick

  11. Re: [News] KDE4 Desktop Finds Early Lovers

    On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 16:16:08 +0100, Ben wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> Don't talk about initial releases of Linux products being unstable. I
    >>> have one word for you:
    >>>
    >>> Vista.

    >> Nice try, but I am certainly no fan of Vista. I'm on record many times
    >> as stating such...
    >>
    >> The difference is, the Linux loons have been denying that problems
    >> exist with kde 4.x and now all of a sudden they post tripe like "when
    >> the bugs get fixed" etc....
    >>
    >> Hypocrites....

    > I've never thought that KDE 4 has been ready for mainstream release yet.

    And that is what the KDE guys have been telling people.

    > In fact, I installed it on my laptop (on which I use KDE, the rest of my
    > computers run on GNOME) and the next day I reverted back to KDE 3.5, and
    > I've been telling people how buggy it is right now ever since.

    ... and that's why KDE 4 was released.. to fix and fix the bugs.

    --
    Rick

  12. Re: [News] KDE4 Desktop Finds Early Lovers

    On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:11:47 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 08:54:19 -0500, Rick wrote:

    >>> But........
    >>>
    >>> You Linux loons have been claiming that there is nothing wrong with
    >>> Kde 4.x?
    >>>
    >>> So now we have to wait until KDE 4.x is stable?
    >>>
    >>> What a bunch of liars you Linux loons are....

    >> I have already given you references from the devs plainly stating that
    >> KDE4 is not yet ready for production machines. It is a bleeding edge
    >> release. It is out there to find the bugs and fix them.

    > I'm not talking about developers, the real Linux advocates. I'm talking
    > about Linux loons in COLA.

    If there are any loons in COLA, they follow you.

    > A totally different animal..

    ... you are fascinated by animals now....

    --
    Rick

  13. Re: [News] KDE4 Desktop Finds Early Lovers

    The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb.
    >
    > wrote
    > on Tue, 15 Jul 2008 21:11:06 -0400
    > <112gurw8i2nhe$.1kapjbjey01l6$.dlg@40tude.net>:
    >> On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 19:56:05 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>

    >>> That's what they labeled early builds of 4.0. Or 3.8...
    >>>
    >>> There's plenty of time for KDE4 to become as stable and feature-complete as
    >>> 3.5.x. There will be another new release of 3.5 next month. It's not going
    >>> away until KDE4 is rock solid.
    >>>

    >> But........
    >>
    >> You Linux loons have been claiming that there is nothing wrong with Kde
    >> 4.x?

    > There is plenty wrong with KDE 4.0. For starters, it looks nothing at
    > all like Gnome, and the set-points of the GUI configuration do not
    > overlap 100%.

    Don't take this the wrong way. First off don't respond to whiny
    immature name calling trolls. It only means you are sinking to their
    level. It's best to ignore them. The argument "They started it first"
    just doesn't cut it in the maturity department IMHO.

    I agree there is a lot wrong with KDE 4.0. I've been using it for a few
    months. Mainly because somebody goofed with the Kubuntu (KDE 3) I
    downloaded so I couldn't get past the network manager to connect to the
    net for updates or anything. It's a Kubuntu thing not a KDE thing
    because other people are using KDE just fine.

    Who cares if KDE looks like Gnome... For that matter who cares if Vista
    looks like Windows 2.0... If people like the look of Gnome they'll run
    Gnome. The whole reason for running KDE is because it is different from
    Gnome.

    >> So now we have to wait until KDE 4.x is stable?

    > Not at all. One can merely go back to Windows Vista,
    > which is now stable.

    KDE 4 is getting more stable with each update. I gather Vista is being
    abandoned in favour of Windows 7. Micro$oft must be doing that for a reason.

    >> What a bunch of liars you Linux loons are....

    Whine whine whine... Whimper whimper whimper... Is that all you trolls
    can come up with? (sorry for going against my own suggestion)

    Later
    Mike

  14. Re: [News] KDE4 Desktop Finds Early Lovers

    Rick wrote:
    > On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 16:16:08 +0100, Ben wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> Nice try, but I am certainly no fan of Vista. I'm on record many times
    >>> as stating such...
    >>>
    >>> The difference is, the Linux loons have been denying that problems
    >>> exist with kde 4.x and now all of a sudden they post tripe like "when
    >>> the bugs get fixed" etc....
    >>>
    >>> Hypocrites....

    >> I've never thought that KDE 4 has been ready for mainstream release yet.

    > And that is what the KDE guys have been telling people.
    >
    >> In fact, I installed it on my laptop (on which I use KDE, the rest of my
    >> computers run on GNOME) and the next day I reverted back to KDE 3.5, and
    >> I've been telling people how buggy it is right now ever since.

    > ... and that's why KDE 4 was released.. to fix and fix the bugs.

    Yup. I was just responding to Moshe's rant that Linux users have been
    telling everyone that KDE 4 is ready for mainstream use.

  15. Re: [News] KDE4 Desktop Finds Early Lovers

    On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 10:31:17 -0500, Rick wrote:

    > On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:11:47 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> I have already given you references from the devs plainly stating that
    >>> KDE4 is not yet ready for production machines. It is a bleeding edge
    >>> release. It is out there to find the bugs and fix them.

    >> I'm not talking about developers, the real Linux advocates. I'm talking
    >> about Linux loons in COLA.

    > If there are any loons in COLA, they follow you.
    >

    >> A totally different animal..

    > .. you are fascinated by animals now....

    Sure...
    I have 3 cats and a nice 110 gallon marine aquarium.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  16. Re: [News] KDE4 Desktop Finds Early Lovers

    In article ,
    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >I have 3 cats and a nice 110 gallon marine aquarium.

    I didn't even know cats could swim. Or do you mean you've
    got them doing their AIT?

  17. Re: [News] KDE4 Desktop Finds Early Lovers

    On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 16:52:11 +0000 (UTC), the wharf rat wrote:

    > In article ,
    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >>
    >>I have 3 cats and a nice 110 gallon marine aquarium.
    >>

    > I didn't even know cats could swim. Or do you mean you've
    > got them doing their AIT?

    Cute....
    Actually cats are very good swimmers.
    One of my cats, Tiberious, loves to swim in the pool.
    The others will swim to the end and hop out when tossed into the pool.
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  18. Re: [News] KDE4 Desktop Finds Early Lovers

    The Wizard of Oz wrote:
    > The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    >> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb.
    >>
    >> wrote
    >> on Tue, 15 Jul 2008 21:11:06 -0400
    >> <112gurw8i2nhe$.1kapjbjey01l6$.dlg@40tude.net>:

    >>> But........
    >>>
    >>> You Linux loons have been claiming that there is nothing wrong with
    >>> Kde 4.x?

    >> There is plenty wrong with KDE 4.0. For starters, it looks nothing
    >> at all like Gnome, and the set-points of the GUI configuration do not
    >> overlap 100%.

    > Don't take this the wrong way. First off don't respond to whiny
    > immature name calling trolls. It only means you are sinking to their
    > level. It's best to ignore them. The argument "They started it first"
    > just doesn't cut it in the maturity department IMHO.

    Who made you Net Nanny?

  19. Re: [News] KDE4 Desktop Finds Early Lovers

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 16:52:11 +0000 (UTC), the wharf rat wrote:
    >
    >> In article ,
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I have 3 cats and a nice 110 gallon marine aquarium.
    >>>

    >> I didn't even know cats could swim. Or do you mean you've
    >> got them doing their AIT?

    > Cute....
    > Actually cats are very good swimmers.
    > One of my cats, Tiberious, loves to swim in the pool.

    > The others will swim to the end and hop out when tossed into the pool.

    They won't if you put them into a burlap sack.

  20. Re: [News] KDE4 Desktop Finds Early Lovers

    "relic" wrote in message
    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 16:52:11 +0000 (UTC), the wharf rat wrote:

    >>> I didn't even know cats could swim. Or do you mean you've
    >>> got them doing their AIT?

    >> Cute....
    >> Actually cats are very good swimmers.
    >> One of my cats, Tiberious, loves to swim in the pool.

    >> The others will swim to the end and hop out when tossed into the pool.

    > They won't if you put them into a burlap sack.

    That`s definitely worth a smile %> ).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast