Re: [News] KDE4 Desktop Finds Early Lovers - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: [News] KDE4 Desktop Finds Early Lovers - Ubuntu ; chrisv wrote: > some idiot forging chrisv wrote: > >> You, unlike others, enjoy humour and a good joust. Keep replying to >> the trolls. > > Which trolls provide humour and/or a "good joust"? The The Ghost In The ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 57 of 57

  1. Re: [News] KDE4 Desktop Finds Early Lovers

    chrisv wrote:
    > some idiot forging chrisv wrote:
    >
    >> You, unlike others, enjoy humour and a good joust. Keep replying to
    >> the trolls.

    > Which trolls provide humour and/or a "good joust"? The

    The Ghost In The Machine, of course (see how the attribute falls in the
    thread). I'm surprised that you consider him a troll.

    > shamelessly-lying, snotty asshole who has the gall to accuse advocates
    > of being liars, based on his dishonest interpretations of what they
    > write? The worthless twit who pretends that advocates are unhelpful
    > jerks, with his "for the SEVENTH time" nonsense? The mentally-ill
    > loser who has been trolling, for YEARS, with the same "why does Linux
    > have only 1%, something must be wrong with it" BS, despite knowing
    > damn well the historical reasons for the 1%? The POS who googles the
    > world for Linux issues and posts them here, to "prove" that Linux
    > users sometimes have issues?
    >
    > Sorry, but I don't see much potential for a "good joust" in any of the
    > above

    Where did I say there was? Have you not read any past threads involving
    contributions from The Ghost In The Machine, or are you just 'on-the-rag'
    today?

    > , nor do I see much "humour" in some immoral asshole attacking
    > people who are clearly the asshole's moral superiors.

  2. Re: [News] KDE4 Desktop Finds Early Lovers

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, someone impersonating chrisv

    wrote
    on Thu, 17 Jul 2008 09:41:57 -0700
    <02cac831$0$2339$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com>:
    > chrisv wrote:
    >> some idiot forging chrisv wrote:
    >>
    >>> You, unlike others, enjoy humour and a good joust. Keep replying to
    >>> the trolls.

    >> Which trolls provide humour and/or a "good joust"? The

    > The Ghost In The Machine, of course (see how the attribute falls in the
    > thread). I'm surprised that you consider him a troll.

    I certainly don't march lockstep with everyone here. ;-)

    >> shamelessly-lying, snotty asshole who has the gall to accuse advocates
    >> of being liars, based on his dishonest interpretations of what they
    >> write? The worthless twit who pretends that advocates are unhelpful
    >> jerks, with his "for the SEVENTH time" nonsense? The mentally-ill
    >> loser who has been trolling, for YEARS, with the same "why does Linux
    >> have only 1%, something must be wrong with it" BS, despite knowing
    >> damn well the historical reasons for the 1%? The POS who googles the
    >> world for Linux issues and posts them here, to "prove" that Linux
    >> users sometimes have issues?
    >>
    >> Sorry, but I don't see much potential for a "good joust" in any of the
    >> above

    > Where did I say there was? Have you not read any past threads involving
    > contributions from The Ghost In The Machine, or are you just 'on-the-rag'
    > today?
    >

    >> , nor do I see much "humour" in some immoral asshole attacking
    >> people who are clearly the asshole's moral superiors.

    Followups.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Linux. Because Windows' Blue Screen Of Death is just
    way too frightening to novice users.

  3. Re: [News] KDE4 Desktop Finds Early Lovers

    some idiot forging chrisv wrote:

    >chrisv wrote:
    >> some idiot forging chrisv wrote:
    >>
    >>> You, unlike others, enjoy humour and a good joust. Keep replying to
    >>> the trolls.

    >> Which trolls provide humour and/or a "good joust"? The

    >The Ghost In The Machine, of course (see how the attribute falls in the
    >thread). I'm surprised that you consider him a troll.

    Idiot. It takes two to have a "joust".

  4. Re: [News] KDE4 Desktop Finds Early Lovers

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:34:45 -0700, relic wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> Cute....
    >>> Actually cats are very good swimmers.
    >>> One of my cats, Tiberious, loves to swim in the pool.

    >>> The others will swim to the end and hop out when tossed into the pool.

    >> They won't if you put them into a burlap sack.

    > You sound like a mean person.

    That's kinda rich from someone like you.

  5. Re: [News] KDE4 Desktop Finds Early Lovers

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, chrisv

    wrote
    on Thu, 17 Jul 2008 15:41:59 -0500
    :
    > some idiot forging chrisv wrote:
    >
    >>chrisv wrote:

    >>> Which trolls provide humour and/or a "good joust"? The

    >>The Ghost In The Machine, of course (see how the attribute falls in the
    >>thread). I'm surprised that you consider him a troll.

    > Idiot. It takes two to have a "joust".

    And one of us has to be a little more than a cardboard
    cutout of a horsed knight with a lance...

    [Scene: a jousting tourney, with a field. The field is
    bisected by a rail on posts, suitable for running horses
    against one another. Two knights at opposite ends of
    the rail ready themselves, assisted by their squires.
    A crowd is seated around the field, an expectant murmur
    issuing therefrom as preparations continue for what should
    be an exciting joust.]

    Knight #1: "Hand me my shield and lance, squire."

    Squire #1: "Aye, sir."

    [Squire hands Knight his blunt-tipped wooden lance and
    a heavy iron shield, painted with the Knight's crest.
    The Knight accepts it, then tips it up in the air as he
    looks at the King, resplendent in his robes high above
    the tourney field, watching with a bored expression.
    The Knight then lowers his lance back into ready position.
    Oddly, Knight #2 and his squire haven't moved from their
    positions at all during all this.]

    K1: "Hm. Guess they're ready, though I would have thought
    they wanted to at least say halloo. This is, after all,
    a friendly match."

    S1: "Right, sir."

    [A trumpet blats. The Knight knees his horse into a canter,
    running along the rail, shield ready, lance at chest height.
    The second knight *still* hasn't moved, and the first Knight,
    at the end of the rail, spears him in his shield, the lance
    actually penetrating shield and chest as it does so...but
    curiously there's no blood. The Knight pulls up on his horse
    frantically.]

    K1: "What??"

    Crowd: *horrified gasp*

    [The Knight ... for it's very clear to him now that what
    he's hit is actually a simple cardboard or wooden cutout,
    not a real person ... angrily lifts his lance and tries
    to shake it off.]

    Crowd: *another gasp, then nervous titters as they realize
    what's happened*

    K1: "Squire! SQUIRE!!! Help me get this thing off my lance!!"

    [The squire rushes down the tourney field as the Knight flings
    down his lance and gets off his horse. Between Knight and Squire,
    they remove the now-holed cutout as a trumpet blats. The Knight
    then takes his lance and shield and the reins of his horse,
    leading it away with a disgusted air, the squire trailing after.]

    .....fin

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net -- erm, what millennium is it again? ;-)
    Windows Vista. It'll Fix Everything(tm).

  6. Re: [News] KDE4 Desktop Finds Early Lovers

    On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 21:50:55 +0100, Ben wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> They won't if you put them into a burlap sack.

    >> You sound like a mean person.
    >>

    > That's kinda rich from someone like you.

    I'm not mean.
    Just brutally honest..

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  7. Re: [News] KDE4 Desktop Finds Early Lovers

    On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 11:21:12 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 21:50:55 +0100, Ben wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> You sound like a mean person.
    >>>

    >> That's kinda rich from someone like you.

    > I'm not mean.
    > Just brutally honest..

    No, you're brutally dishonest.

    --
    Rick

  8. Re: [News] KDE4 Desktop Finds Early Lovers

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 21:50:55 +0100, Ben wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> You sound like a mean person.
    >>>

    >> That's kinda rich from someone like you.

    > I'm not mean.
    > Just brutally honest..

    Could have fooled me.

    I haven't heard a single honest word from you yet.

  9. Re: [News] KDE4 Desktop Finds Early Lovers

    Rick wrote:
    > On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 11:21:12 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> That's kinda rich from someone like you.

    >> I'm not mean.
    >> Just brutally honest..

    > No, you're brutally dishonest.

    I don't even think that adequately describes him.

  10. Re: [News] KDE4 Desktop Finds Early Lovers

    Roy Schestowitz writes:

    > ____/ Ben on Friday 18 July 2008 17:49 : \____
    >
    >> Rick wrote:

    >>> No, you're brutally dishonest.
    >>>

    >> I don't even think that adequately describes him.

    > Same with his name. The real name is Gary M Stewart.

    Without proof you are opening yourself up to accusations of
    libel. Again. Grow up man.

  11. Re: [News] KDE4 Desktop Finds Early Lovers

    ____/ Ben on Friday 18 July 2008 17:49 : \____

    > Rick wrote:

    >>> I'm not mean.
    >>> Just brutally honest..

    >> No, you're brutally dishonest.
    >>

    > I don't even think that adequately describes him.

    Same with his name. The real name is Gary M Stewart.

    - --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    "Linux is a very complete and sophisticated operating system. And there is a
    lot of work being done to improve it in and of itself, particularly to make it
    easier to use and easier for people to set up on their personal computers."

    --Paul Maritz, Microsoft

  12. Re: [News] KDE4 Desktop Finds Early Lovers

    On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 21:42:46 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz writes:
    >
    >> ____/ Ben on Friday 18 July 2008 17:49 : \____

    >>> I don't even think that adequately describes him.

    >> Same with his name. The real name is Gary M Stewart.

    > Without proof you are opening yourself up to accusations of libel.
    > Again. Grow up man.

    Well, then, maybe a libel action should be brought.

    --
    Rick

  13. Re: [News] KDE4 Desktop Finds Early Lovers

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Hadron

    wrote
    on Fri, 18 Jul 2008 21:42:46 +0200
    :
    > Roy Schestowitz writes:
    >
    >> ____/ Ben on Friday 18 July 2008 17:49 : \____

    >>> I don't even think that adequately describes him.

    >> Same with his name. The real name is Gary M Stewart.

    > Without proof you are opening yourself up to accusations of
    > libel. Again. Grow up man.

    FWIW, Moshe hasn't polymorphed (AFAICT, anyway) since he
    first showed up here. I doubt he's Gary Stewart, though
    I wonder how many Gary Stewarts we do have perambulating
    around here.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Windows Vista. Because it's time to refresh your hardware. Trust us.

  14. Re: [News] KDE4 Desktop Finds Early Lovers

    On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 21:42:46 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz writes:
    >
    >> ____/ Ben on Friday 18 July 2008 17:49 : \____

    >>> I don't even think that adequately describes him.

    >> Same with his name. The real name is Gary M Stewart.

    > Without proof you are opening yourself up to accusations of
    > libel. Again. Grow up man.

    Hahahha!
    Schestowitz has absolutely zero proof of that urban legend and he knows it.
    The smarter Linux advocates know it as well, but they will never admit it
    although some, kier for example, have asked Schestowitz and company for
    proof but as usual he runs and hides behind his mama's checkbook.

    The proof is in the pudding which is the fact that if Schestowitz was right
    he would easily prove it and spread such proof all over the place to
    discredit me.

    He can't because it's not true.

    I though Schestowitz was a girl BTW?
    I think the kids call it "metro" these days.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  15. Re: [News] KDE4 Desktop Finds Early Lovers

    On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 15:20:25 -0500, Rick wrote:

    > On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 21:42:46 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Roy Schestowitz writes:
    >>
    >>> ____/ Ben on Friday 18 July 2008 17:49 : \____

    >>> Same with his name. The real name is Gary M Stewart.

    >> Without proof you are opening yourself up to accusations of libel.
    >> Again. Grow up man.

    > Well, then, maybe a libel action should be brought.

    For what?
    Watching Schestowitz make an ass of himself?

    The more Schestowitz talks, the worse it is for Linux advocacy as well as
    himself.

    Besides, I'm not that kind of person.

    The real fun is going to start soon when Schestowitz is going to have to
    substantiate his statements against various corporations and his creative
    choice of words and subject lines which *is* considered libelous.

    I'm just going to sit back, crack open a nice bottle of Chianti, fry some
    fava beans and liver and watch Schestowitz crumble like the tower of Babel.

    And I am going to enjoy every minute of it!

    So will the REAL Linux advocates because if the email i receive quite
    frequently is any indication, many of them have no use for his SPAM and
    just wish he would go away.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  16. Re: [News] KDE4 Desktop Finds Early Lovers

    On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 22:47:03 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 15:20:25 -0500, Rick wrote:

    >>> Without proof you are opening yourself up to accusations of libel.
    >>> Again. Grow up man.

    >> Well, then, maybe a libel action should be brought.

    > For what?
    > Watching Schestowitz make an ass of himself?

    Read:"Without proof you are opening yourself up to accusations of libel."

    > The more Schestowitz talks, the worse it is for Linux advocacy as well
    > as himself.
    >
    > Besides, I'm not that kind of person.

    The kind of person that backs up claims?

    > The real fun is going to start soon when Schestowitz is going to have to
    > substantiate his statements against various corporations and his
    > creative choice of words and subject lines which *is* considered
    > libelous.

    And you just asked "For what?"

    > I'm just going to sit back, crack open a nice bottle of Chianti, fry
    > some fava beans and liver and watch Schestowitz crumble like the tower
    > of Babel.
    >
    > And I am going to enjoy every minute of it!
    >
    > So will the REAL Linux advocates because if the email i receive quite
    > frequently is any indication, many of them have no use for his SPAM and
    > just wish he would go away.

    Oh sure. the whole world emails you because you are just the happening
    thing. Right.

    --
    Rick

  17. Re: Microsoft is threatening my family.

    On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 06:35:57 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > For those who wish to pursue (and have the time) to take Gary to prison (some
    > people contacted me with the intention of pursuing this), here are some past
    > USENET messages.

    Like I said roy Schestowitz, if you had any sort of proof you would be
    blabbing it all over the place.

    You don't.

    What you have is the ramblings of a COLA nutcase (the author of the
    supposed COLA FAQ, in fact) mjcr who shortly after posting that fabrication
    conjurred up from the bowels of his twisted mind, went *skitzo*...

    He left the group abrubtly when he claimed that Microsoft was threatening
    the safety of his family.

    Crazy people like mjcr and you, Roy Schestowitz, seem to find each other
    for some odd reason.

    Here is mjcr's message claiming Microsoft is threatening his family:

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....7?dmode=source

    From: mjcr
    Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
    Subject: RIP: COLA FAQ and Primer for COLA
    Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 23:17:26 -0700

    The FAQ and Primer for COLA will no longer be published. I do not want my
    family endangered, so the document is being withdrawn the project is being
    canceled and my other pro-Linux projects and efforts are also being
    canceled.

    Yea, great source of evidence, Roy Schestowitz.

    BTW you *do* realize that mjcr has returned and is currently posting in
    COLA don't you?

    He is one of the sicker, mentally ill types.

    So like I said, the more you open your pathetic trap, Roy Schestowitz, the
    more you confirm that you are a very strange person and in need of medical
    help.
    Hopefully, your full time SPAMMING activities come with a health insurance
    allowance for psychiatric care because that is what you need.