Re: Linux Weaknesses - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: Linux Weaknesses - Ubuntu ; Linonut writes: > * Confused Donkey peremptorily fired off this memo: > >> Linonut needs to take his own advice. The prick doesnt like anyone who >> doesnt agree with his opinion. He doesnt like anyone who tells him where ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 61 to 74 of 74

  1. Re: Linux Weaknesses

    Linonut writes:

    > * Confused Donkey peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> Linonut needs to take his own advice. The prick doesnt like anyone who
    >> doesnt agree with his opinion. He doesnt like anyone who tells him where
    >> to shove his ****e. He then tries to get smart, with dumb one-liners, and
    >> cant accept when he doesnt gethis own way, he acts like a spoilt little
    >> bratt that was taken off his mothers nipple too soon.
    >>
    >> And at the end he gets people "Fired off this memo". This his way of
    >> dealing with people he cant control, intimidate or shut up. "arrogant
    >> prick" springs to mind.

    > "Intimidate"? Wow, you're easily cowed.

    "with people who are" .... Do you ever read the articles you reply to?

    > You're just as bad as Hadron. Your moniker is perfect.

    He is right though.

    > (And I didn't notice the cross-posting before, so I'll be some other
    > moron is getting some real enjoyment out of this insult-fest. Yeesh.)

    Aha! The "amusing" voices at the end! Nice.

    --
    XP can't be selling well, or we'd have the wintrolls crowing about it all
    over the advocacy newsgroups.

  2. A nEw netKo0k (Re: Linux Weaknesses)

    Confused Donkey, ye decaying foul-tainted flesh, the very butcher of
    silk button, ye opined:

    > "Confused Donkey" wrote in
    > message newsan.2008.08.05.12.14.23.847694@wartydog.invalid...

    >> And at the end he gets people "Fired off this memo". This his way of
    >> dealing with people he cant control, intimidate or shut up. "arrogant
    >> prick" springs to mind.

    > Maybe we should start a new thread "Top 10 Regurgitated **** Heads."
    >
    > 01 - Linonut
    > 02 -
    > 03 -
    > 04 -
    > 05 -
    > 06 -
    > 07 -
    > 08 -
    > 09 -
    > 10 -
    >
    > Linonut - ("Li-No-Nut" should read "Me-No-Nuts") will try to get smart by
    > putting my name in 2nd place. Oh how I can read the thick bastards !

    Replying to himself as well... Formidababble.

  3. Re: Linux Weaknesses

    Confused Donkey wrote:
    >> Something in you likes this situation. My belief is you have low
    >> self-esteem, or perhaps an inferiority complex. Why else would you try
    >> to drag people down?
    >>

    > Linonut needs to take his own advice. The prick doesnt like anyone who
    > doesnt agree with his opinion. He doesnt like anyone who tells him where
    > to shove his ****e. He then tries to get smart, with dumb one-liners, and
    > cant accept when he doesnt gethis own way, he acts like a spoilt little
    > bratt that was taken off his mothers nipple too soon.
    >
    > And at the end he gets people "Fired off this memo". This his way of
    > dealing with people he cant control, intimidate or shut up. "arrogant
    > prick" springs to mind.

    You're dazed Confused Donkey. You were confused and diszy when your mama
    dropped you on your head from her womb, Dazed and Confused Donkey.

  4. Re: Linux Weaknesses

    In alt.os.linux.ubuntu, John J had the audacity to say that:

    > Very funny, Confused Donkey, your name says it all. MG has it exactly
    > correct, most people use Windows because it works out of the box. Users
    > don't have to figure out arcane languages to get their wireless working, or
    > use all the other applications, or tinker with the OS just to use the
    > applications. I know it's fun to do so but few people want to spend this
    > kind of time and energy. AS MG says, they just want to use the
    > applications. Contrary to your belief, for the vast majority of users, the
    > object of computing is not tinkering with the OS, it is using the
    > applications.
    >
    > If any of the Linux distros worked as completely as does Windows out of the
    > box many more people would use it. But it doesn't. I know I would, and
    > I've tried a number of them.
    >
    > John

    Tell that to the multi-billion dollar computer setup industry: almost every
    major computer retailer has them now. You know, the guys that come to your
    house, setup the wireless, install the drivers, etc.

    If it's so easy, why the need for such hand-holding? My father, a diy'er his
    whole life, is completely at a loss with his Windows system, and has to call
    in a *helper* every now and again to get things going.

    Intuitive? Yes, if you've dabbled with computers for your entire adult life,
    and much of your youth.

    Otherwise, good luck the next time your browser is on auto-pilot and you've
    got 100 instances of MSIE littering the screen, and that app that worked
    yesterday now throws up a cryptic message resembling Cyrillian, you are
    being bombarded with trojan horse attachments, and the computer doesn't run
    any faster than the one it replaced.

    But, even admitting that MS products are designed to give as few problems
    initially as possible in order to lessen the load on customer service and
    provide a good *first impression.* Ease of use is not a good predictor of
    quality. In most fields of endeavor, once you get past a certain point in
    quality, convenience has to be sacrificed in order to get the hard-won gains
    in performance at that high level.

    IOW, you get what you put in to it. Anyone can make a toy that moves around
    by itself. The trick is to get it to perform *real work*. For this, you
    want a *real* operating system, not a TV that accepts input, which is what
    essentially Windows and Mac are.

    *R* *H*

    --
    "His one secret thought, became like a chain, binding down his spirit, and,
    like a serpent, gnawing into his heart; and he was transformed into a sad

    Nathaniel Hawthorne, "Roger Malvin's Burial"

  5. Re: Linux Weaknesses

    On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 11:45:04 -0500, JEDIDIAH wrote:

    > On 2008-08-04, Edmund wrote:
    >> On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 15:54:44 +0100, Confused Donkey wrote:
    >>
    >>> If it wasn't for Unix, you wouldn't be online AT ALL. Microsoft can't

    >>> I totally agree. Ive used windows since win 3.xx. Started using
    >>> computers in 1982 (the bbc micro, speccy). Windows is OK if you want
    >>> it to just run, and your not interested in keeping the brain cells
    >>> working by learning, as windows makes you lazy.

    >> Well computers COULD make live an awful lot easier! I think that is the
    >> purpose of computers in the first place, keeping your brain cells
    >> working isn't a very good argument for Linux here.
    >> Linux could do a whole lot better if those programmers would listen for
    >> once to people which simply want to use a computer instead of learning
    >> to program!

    > Programming is nothing more than telling the computer EXACTLY what you
    > want done. It can be done at a very highly technical level very close to
    > the hardware or it can be done at a higher level layer in a more
    > abstract manner.

    I know what programming is sir, thank you very much.
    programming is a whole lot more then telling the computer exactly
    what to do. For starters one need to learn a very non logic
    language, something a computer can understand!
    Even the higher level stuff doesn't work very handy at all.
    Besides that your reply is an example of denying any kind of
    linux problem.

    Edmund

  6. Re: Linux Weaknesses

    Edmund wrote:

    > On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 11:45:04 -0500, JEDIDIAH wrote:

    >>> Well computers COULD make live an awful lot easier! I think that is the
    >>> purpose of computers in the first place, keeping your brain cells
    >>> working isn't a very good argument for Linux here.
    >>> Linux could do a whole lot better if those programmers would listen for
    >>> once to people which simply want to use a computer instead of learning
    >>> to program!

    >> Programming is nothing more than telling the computer EXACTLY what you
    >> want done. It can be done at a very highly technical level very close to
    >> the hardware or it can be done at a higher level layer in a more
    >> abstract manner.

    > I know what programming is sir, thank you very much.
    > programming is a whole lot more then telling the computer exactly
    > what to do.

    Exactly. That is why he gave (simplified, for the likes of you) examples of
    programming.

    > For starters one need to learn a very non logic
    > language, something a computer can understand!

    Please explain, in detail, what you would describe as "non logic" in
    assembly language. Or C, for that matter

    > Even the higher level stuff doesn't work very handy at all.

    Well, nobody claimed that everyone (and that would obviously include you)
    could program with high-level languages

    > Besides that your reply is an example of denying any kind of
    > linux problem.

    Interesting claim, as he not even did mention "linux" in any shape or form

    Might it be that you are a typical windows using retard, having an enormous
    (and deserved) inferiority complex?

    --
    A NT server can be run by idiots and usually is

  7. Re: Linux Weaknesses

    Confused Donkey wrote:

    > Linux on the other hand, makes you learn.

    ...how often did you have to open the engine hood of your car last month?
    Would you like to drive or to learn how a fuel pump works, whilst
    driving to your vacation estate?
    ;-)

    Laszlo

    --
    Ein Optimist ist in der Regel der Zeitgenosse, der am ungengendsten
    informiert ist. - John Priestley

  8. Re: Linux Weaknesses

    Confused Donkey wrote:
    > Oh and we need better software, maybe port over
    > windows based software, like SAP...

    SAP is NOT windows based and runs brilliantly on Linux, Solaris, AIX and
    a lot of other platforms.

    --
    Ein Optimist ist in der Regel der Zeitgenosse, der am ungengendsten
    informiert ist. - John Priestley

  9. Re: Linux Weaknesses

    Laszlo Lebrun wrote:
    > Confused Donkey wrote:
    >
    >> Linux on the other hand, makes you learn.

    > ...how often did you have to open the engine hood of your car last month?

    I haven't opened the hood of my two cars in several years.

    > Would you like to drive or to learn how a fuel pump works, whilst
    > driving to your vacation estate?

    Don't really care how the fuel pump works, as long as it isn't leaking
    $4.00/gallon gasoline. ;-)

    I don't have an estate, and I don't take vacations. I also do not like
    to drive.

    I do love to learn though. Maybe that is what sets me apart from so many
    slothful humans?

    --
    John

  10. Re: Linux Weaknesses

    "John F. Morse" wrote in message
    > Laszlo Lebrun wrote:
    >> Confused Donkey wrote:
    >>
    >>> Linux on the other hand, makes you learn.

    >> ...how often did you have to open the engine hood of your car last month?

    > I haven't opened the hood of my two cars in several years.
    >

    >> Would you like to drive or to learn how a fuel pump works, whilst driving
    >> to your vacation estate?

    > Don't really care how the fuel pump works, as long as it isn't leaking
    > $4.00/gallon gasoline. ;-)
    >
    > I don't have an estate, and I don't take vacations. I also do not like to
    > drive.
    >
    > I do love to learn though. Maybe that is what sets me apart from so many
    > slothful humans?

    The only thing you ever learned was peeing in your momma's panties

  11. Re: Linux Weaknesses

    In my mind, if you cant even do these things,
    >> then your basically a lazy barstool that shouldnt be driving, unless your
    >> an OAP or pregnant. What happens if your out in the middle of no-where and
    >> need to change a tyre, and your mobile phone is out of range ? The first
    >> thing I do when I get a new car, is throw away the wheel nut spanner,
    >> which are crap and use a spider which I have. Plus the jack could be a
    >> cheap and nasty one, so I invest in a stronger / decent one.
    >>
    >> That was the example I was trying to get accross, probably badly.
    >>

    > Yes, very badly.
    >
    > What about the people who are getting old, and have lost the ability to
    > "get down" and work on a car? Maybe their eyesight is poor. Maybe they
    > don't have tools for auto mechanics. Maybe they cannot be outside in the
    > cold or heat.

    You obviously just skimmed down my post, didnt you ? You then
    mis-understood and just posted crap back. As I did say in my post "unless your
    >> an OAP or pregnant", try reading it again, s.l.o.w.l.y and you will
    >> see, or just put your specs on, old man.

  12. Re: Linux Weaknesses

    WhKw wrote:
    > "John F. Morse" wrote in message
    >> Laszlo Lebrun wrote:

    >>> ...how often did you have to open the engine hood of your car last month?

    >> I haven't opened the hood of my two cars in several years.
    >>

    >>> Would you like to drive or to learn how a fuel pump works, whilst driving
    >>> to your vacation estate?

    >> Don't really care how the fuel pump works, as long as it isn't leaking
    >> $4.00/gallon gasoline. ;-)
    >>
    >> I don't have an estate, and I don't take vacations. I also do not like to
    >> drive.
    >>
    >> I do love to learn though. Maybe that is what sets me apart from so many
    >> slothful humans?
    >>

    > The only thing you ever learned was peeing in your momma's panties

    Now thats the kind of comment which only can be heard from a Linux user.

  13. Re: Linux Weaknesses

    Anthony wrote:

    > WhøKñèw wrote:
    >> "John F. Morse" wrote in message

    >>> I haven't opened the hood of my two cars in several years.

    >>> Don't really care how the fuel pump works, as long as it isn't leaking
    >>> $4.00/gallon gasoline. ;-)
    >>>
    >>> I don't have an estate, and I don't take vacations. I also do not like
    >>> to drive.
    >>>
    >>> I do love to learn though. Maybe that is what sets me apart from so many
    >>> slothful humans?
    >>>

    >> The only thing you ever learned was peeing in your momma's panties
    >>

    > Now thats the kind of comment which only can be heard from a Linux user.

    His newsreader: X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3138
    --
    Microsoft? Is that some kind of a toilet paper?

  14. Re: Linux Weaknesses

    On 2008-08-06, Anthony hit the keyboard and wrote:

    > WhøKñèw wrote:

    This dude is a known win-troll or a sock-puppet for maybe
    some-other well-known win-troll but this doesn't matter. He
    resides in the "bozo-bin", and quite a few people joined
    him.

    >> "John F. Morse" wrote in message

    >>> I haven't opened the hood of my two cars in several years.

    >>> Don't really care how the fuel pump works, as long as it isn't leaking
    >>> $4.00/gallon gasoline. ;-)
    >>>
    >>> I don't have an estate, and I don't take vacations. I also do not like to
    >>> drive.
    >>>
    >>> I do love to learn though. Maybe that is what sets me apart from so many
    >>> slothful humans?
    >>>

    >> The only thing you ever learned was peeing in your momma's panties
    >>

    > Now thats the kind of comment which only can be heard from a Linux user.

    See these kind of comments come to a great amount from people who
    use Windows, so a friendly advise, learn to read the full headers
    before you assume a poster uses a certain OS.

    Know now you will join the first-mentioned dude in my "bozo-file".

    HAND

    Dragomir Kollaric

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4