Re: Serious security risks found in Linux package managers - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: Serious security risks found in Linux package managers - Ubuntu ; On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 22:38:31 +0200, Clogwog wrote: > Ha, ha LUnix that is? > http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Lunix > > Un-****ing-believable, isn't it! That site is HYSTERICAL!!! A snippet: "Lunix, like the Macintosh, attracts legions of fanboys. These penguinistas form communities ...

  1. Re: Serious security risks found in Linux package managers

    On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 22:38:31 +0200, Clogwog wrote:

    > Ha, ha LUnix that is?
    > http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Lunix

  2. Re: Serious security risks found in Linux package managers

    In article <1x736bkqwollg$.14llwl2t11x6s$.dlg@40tude.net>,
    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >In essence it is also like a car with no stereo
    >or even tires so even if it could be hacked it would be pointless to do so.
    >As such, it is entirely useless. "

    There's something terribly ironic about a Google user ranting about
    how utterly useless Linux is. Talk about byting the hand that feeds you...

  3. Re: Serious security risks found in Linux package managers

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 22:38:31 +0200, Clogwog wrote:
    >

    >> Ha, ha LUnix that is?
    >> http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Lunix

  4. Re: Serious security risks found in Linux package managers

    On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 08:47:14 +0100, Ian Thompson-Bell wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 22:38:31 +0200, Clogwog wrote:
    >>

    >>> Ha, ha LUnix that is?
    >>> http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Lunix

  5. Re: Serious security risks found in Linux package managers

    On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 09:58:11 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 08:47:14 +0100, Ian Thompson-Bell wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

  6. Re: Serious security risks found in Linux package managers

    the wharf rat wrote:
    > In article <1x736bkqwollg$.14llwl2t11x6s$.dlg@40tude.net>,
    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >>
    >> In essence it is also like a car with no stereo
    >> or even tires so even if it could be hacked it would be pointless to
    >> do so. As such, it is entirely useless. "
    >>

    > There's something terribly ironic about a Google user ranting about
    > how utterly useless Linux is.

    linux makes you stupid.

  7. Re: Serious security risks found in Linux package managers

    relic wrote:

    >linux makes you stupid.

    Oh well, back in you go...

    *plonk*

  8. Re: Serious security risks found in Linux package managers

    chrisv wrote:
    > relic wrote:
    >
    >> linux makes you stupid.

    > Oh well, back in you go...
    >
    > *plonk*

    Now, that just hurts me deeply.

  9. Re: Serious security risks found in Linux package managers

    relic wrote:
    > chrisv wrote:
    >> relic wrote:
    >>
    >>> linux makes you stupid.

    >> Oh well, back in you go...
    >>
    >> *plonk*

    > Now, that just hurts me deeply.

    Sorry, but I don't want to hear "linux makes you stupid" any more. I know
    it's true, but I'm trying to pretend...

    *plonk* ...again.

  10. Re: Serious security risks found in Linux package managers

    relic wrote:

    > chrisv wrote:
    >> relic wrote:
    >>
    >>> linux makes you stupid.

    >> Oh well, back in you go...
    >>
    >> *plonk*

    > Now, that just hurts me deeply.

    Ah well. Snap out of it and empty your drool bucket.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  11. Re: Serious security risks found in Linux package managers

    In article , Rick wrote:
    >On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 09:58:11 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    (snip)
    >> Open Office, free, yet it can't even make a chip in MSOffice's
    >> domination of the application.

    Easy. Those who opposeopen source of any sort use data from "sales". See why
    that might give you the wrong number. ?
    While not new, it is still stupid ... yet they persist in doing it. Why ? I
    can only imagine that real data (like, say, number of installations or
    users) doesn't give them the faith they so obviously need that theirs is
    bigger.

  12. Re: Serious security risks found in Linux package managers

    the wharf rat wrote:
    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >
    >> In essence it is also like a car with no stereo or even tires
    >> so even if it could be hacked it would be pointless to do so.
    >> As such, it is entirely useless. "

    > There's something terribly ironic about a Google user ranting
    > about how utterly useless Linux is. Talk about byting the hand
    > that feeds you...

    Bear in mind that Goldfarb is a known troll.

    [page]:
    Try the download section.

  13. Re: Serious security risks found in Linux package managers

    On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 20:05:45 -0400, CBFalconer wrote:

    > the wharf rat wrote:
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >>
    >>> In essence it is also like a car with no stereo or even tires
    >>> so even if it could be hacked it would be pointless to do so.
    >>> As such, it is entirely useless. "

    >> There's something terribly ironic about a Google user ranting
    >> about how utterly useless Linux is. Talk about byting the hand
    >> that feeds you...

    > Bear in mind that Goldfarb is a known troll.

    Says the loons in COLA and you...
    You're a known Linux zealot CBFalconer...

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  14. Re: Serious security risks found in Linux package managers

    On 2008-07-15, Moshe Goldfarb. intrigued me by typing:
    > On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 08:47:14 +0100, Ian Thompson-Bell wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

+ Reply to Thread