Scanner uk - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Scanner uk - Ubuntu ; Anyone recommend a cheap scanner ...Must be available in Uk and must be cheap as I have only one document I need to scan also must work in Linux as I do not have m/s products.. -- Regards Ted Wager ...

  1. Scanner uk

    --
    Regards
    Ted Wager

  2. Re: Scanner uk

    twager wrote:

    > Anyone recommend a cheap scanner ...Must be available in Uk and must be
    > cheap as I have only one document I need to scan also must work in Linux
    > as I do not have m/s products..

    I recommend the Canon CanoScan LIDE25, which works straight out of the box
    with Ubuntu. I recently bought one, and am very satisied with it.

    http://www.euroffice.co.uk/I/4bn/Can...Ref-0307B002AA
    http://tinyurl.com/5wkg36

  3. Re: Scanner uk

    twager wrote:
    > Anyone recommend a cheap scanner ...Must be available in Uk and must be
    > cheap as I have only one document I need to scan also must work in Linux
    > as I do not have m/s products..

    If you only need to scan one document, surely there is a cheaper
    way to get the scan than to buy a scanner. If you don't know
    anyone who has one, one of the stores that sell scanners, or
    that do copying and office work, might do it for you.

    Alan

  4. Re: Scanner uk

    On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 10:05:50 +0100, twager wrote:

    > Anyone recommend a cheap scanner ...Must be available in Uk and must be
    > cheap as I have only one document I need to scan also must work in Linux
    > as I do not have m/s products..

    FWIW - Epson support is excellent. I purchase scanners (for several
    machines) from the Epson online store - they have excellent prices on
    refurbished equipment. Check avasys.jp first to make certain that the
    specific model is supported. Canon support has always been non-existent or
    worse.

  5. Re: Scanner uk

    ray wrote:

    > On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 10:05:50 +0100, twager wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone recommend a cheap scanner ...Must be available in Uk and must be
    >> cheap as I have only one document I need to scan also must work in Linux
    >> as I do not have m/s products..

    > FWIW - Epson support is excellent. I purchase scanners (for several
    > machines) from the Epson online store - they have excellent prices on
    > refurbished equipment. Check avasys.jp first to make certain that the
    > specific model is supported. Canon support has always been non-existent or
    > worse.

    There's a list of scanners supported in Ubuntu here:

    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupp...onentsScanners

  6. Re: Scanner uk

    On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 09:33:50 -0400, Alan Meyer wrote:

    > twager wrote:
    >> Anyone recommend a cheap scanner ...Must be available in Uk and must be
    >> cheap as I have only one document I need to scan also must work in Linux
    >> as I do not have m/s products..

    > If you only need to scan one document, surely there is a cheaper
    > way to get the scan than to buy a scanner. If you don't know
    > anyone who has one, one of the stores that sell scanners, or
    > that do copying and office work, might do it for you.

    Any stationer should be able to whack it onto a USB stick or CD for you.
    Or your friendly local computer shop, assuming you have a friendly one ;-)

    --
    A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.

  7. Re: Scanner uk

    Trevor Best wrote:
    > On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 09:33:50 -0400, Alan Meyer wrote:
    >
    >> twager wrote:
    >>> Anyone recommend a cheap scanner ...Must be available in Uk and must be
    >>> cheap as I have only one document I need to scan also must work in Linux
    >>> as I do not have m/s products..

    >> If you only need to scan one document, surely there is a cheaper
    >> way to get the scan than to buy a scanner. If you don't know
    >> anyone who has one, one of the stores that sell scanners, or
    >> that do copying and office work, might do it for you.

    Thanks to all who replied to my query...The docs I need to send are to a
    politician so have decided to send it snailmail registered delivery so
    no excuses for non-delivery !

    Regards
    Ted Wager
    Using Sidux Linux

  8. Re: Scanner uk

    Ted wrote:
    > Trevor Best wrote:

    >>> If you only need to scan one document, surely there is a cheaper
    >>> way to get the scan than to buy a scanner. If you don't know
    >>> anyone who has one, one of the stores that sell scanners, or
    >>> that do copying and office work, might do it for you.

    > Thanks to all who replied to my query...The docs I need to send are to
    > a politician so have decided to send it snailmail registered delivery
    > so no excuses for non-delivery !
    >
    > Regards
    > Ted Wager
    > Using Sidux Linux

    A politician will always have an excuse. ;-)

    --
    John

  9. Re: Scanner uk

    On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 23:15:26 +0100, Ted wrote:

    > Thanks to all who replied to my query...The docs I need to send are to a
    > politician so have decided to send it snailmail registered delivery so no
    > excuses for non-delivery !

    Don't forget to print it very s.l.o.w.l.y and only use short words.

    --
    Content approved by Hampshire Police:

    Heirloom quality cable with a noise floor so low
    goose bumps, tears and magical moments from the past come alive.

+ Reply to Thread