Anyone got a bowling ball? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Anyone got a bowling ball? - Ubuntu ; http://www.light-links.net/2008/07/c...swat-team.html -- A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother....

  1. Anyone got a bowling ball?

    http://www.light-links.net/2008/07/c...swat-team.html

    --
    A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.

  2. Re: Anyone got a bowling ball?

    On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 12:43:10 +0100, Trevor Best wrote:

    > http://www.light-links.net/2008/07/c...swat-team.html

    Sorry, wrong group.

    --
    A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.

  3. Re: Anyone got a bowling ball?

    Trevor Best illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 12:43:10 +0100, Trevor Best wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.light-links.net/2008/07/c...swat-team.html

    > Sorry, wrong group.

    But raised a titter from me, nonetheless.

    --
    I went to Millets and said 'I want to buy a tent.' He said 'To camp?',
    I said [butchly] 'Sorry, I want to buy a tent.' I said 'I also want to

  4. Re: Anyone got a bowling ball?

    On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 14:23:36 +0000, Moog wrote:

    > Trevor Best illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >> On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 12:43:10 +0100, Trevor Best wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://www.light-links.net/2008/07/c...swat-team.html

    >> Sorry, wrong group.

    > But raised a titter from me, nonetheless.

    Well it was meant for uk.rec.humour (or uk.wreck.humour as most people
    make it)

    --
    A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.

  5. Re: Anyone got a bowling ball?

    Trevor Best wrote:
    > http://www.light-links.net/2008/07/c...swat-team.html

    Marbles might be better than a bowling ball.

    I don't get it. Why couldn't they just walk? How does the segway help?

    --Benjamin Franklin

  6. Re: Anyone got a bowling ball?

    On 2008-07-13, Trevor Best hit the keyboard and wrote:
    > On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 12:43:10 +0100, Trevor Best wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.light-links.net/2008/07/c...swat-team.html

    > Sorry, wrong group.

    Hmm I just wonder *whom* are going the Chinese *fight*?
    Other protesters like on the Tieannanmen square?

    OK this OT here I'll shut up.

    Dragomir Kollaric

  7. Re: Anyone got a bowling ball?

    Trevor Best illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 14:23:36 +0000, Moog wrote:
    >
    >> Trevor Best illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    >>> Sorry, wrong group.

    >> But raised a titter from me, nonetheless.

    > Well it was meant for uk.rec.humour (or uk.wreck.humour as most people
    > make it)

    Oooh. Do we have *humour* in the UK?

    --
    "I ran three miles today. Finally I said, "Lady take your purse." ~ Emo
    Philips

  8. Re: Anyone got a bowling ball?

    Moog wrote:
    > Trevor Best illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >
    >> On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 14:23:36 +0000, Moog wrote:
    >>

    >>> Trevor Best illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    >>> But raised a titter from me, nonetheless.
    >>>

    >> Well it was meant for uk.rec.humour (or uk.wreck.humour as most people
    >> make it)
    >>

    > Oooh. Do we have *humour* in the UK?

    Well, you do have a Queen who wants you to build her a new house.

    At least Mr. Bean is funny. ;-)

    --
    John

  9. Re: Anyone got a bowling ball?

    On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 21:11:21 +0000, Moog wrote:

    > Oooh. Do we have *humour* in the UK?

    Yes, the Austin Allegro (All-Aggro), tell me there was no humour in a
    car with a square steering wheel.

    --
    A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.

  10. Re: Anyone got a bowling ball?

    John F. Morse illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > Moog wrote:
    >> Trevor Best illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    >>> Well it was meant for uk.rec.humour (or uk.wreck.humour as most people
    >>> make it)
    >>>

    >> Oooh. Do we have *humour* in the UK?

    > Well, you do have a Queen who wants you to build her a new house.
    >
    > At least Mr. Bean is funny. ;-)

    Wot? No mention of Monty Python?

    --
    On another night, they'd have won 2-2. ~ Ron Atkinson

  11. Re: Anyone got a bowling ball?

    Trevor Best illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 21:11:21 +0000, Moog wrote:
    >
    >> Oooh. Do we have *humour* in the UK?

    > Yes, the Austin Allegro (All-Aggro), tell me there was no humour in a
    > car with a square steering wheel.

    Yup. It narrowly beat the Morris Ital to the recent "naff car" award,
    I believe.

    --
    "I once had a large gay following, but I ducked into an alleyway and
    lost him." ~ Emo Philips

  12. Re: Anyone got a bowling ball?

    On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 14:55:19 +0000, Moog wrote:

    > Trevor Best illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >> On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 21:11:21 +0000, Moog wrote:
    >>
    >>> Oooh. Do we have *humour* in the UK?

    >> Yes, the Austin Allegro (All-Aggro), tell me there was no humour in a
    >> car with a square steering wheel.

    > Yup. It narrowly beat the Morris Ital to the recent "naff car" award,
    > I believe.

    Ah yes, the Ital, the only car "designed by Ital" that doesn't appear in
    Ital's portfolio ;-)

    --
    A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.

  13. Re: Anyone got a bowling ball?

    Moog wrote:
    > John F. Morse illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >
    >> Moog wrote:
    >>
    >>> Trevor Best illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    >>> Oooh. Do we have *humour* in the UK?
    >>>

    >> Well, you do have a Queen who wants you to build her a new house.
    >>
    >> At least Mr. Bean is funny. ;-)
    >>

    > Wot? No mention of Monty Python?

    Is the Flying Circus still in production?

    Then there was Bennie Hill, and his gals....

    --
    John

  14. Re: Anyone got a bowling ball?

    Trevor Best illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 14:55:19 +0000, Moog wrote:
    >
    >> Trevor Best illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    >>> Yes, the Austin Allegro (All-Aggro), tell me there was no humour in a
    >>> car with a square steering wheel.

    >> Yup. It narrowly beat the Morris Ital to the recent "naff car" award,
    >> I believe.

    > Ah yes, the Ital, the only car "designed by Ital" that doesn't appear in
    > Ital's portfolio ;-)

    It wasn't designed by them though, was it?

    Morris simply claimed it was when it was really designed by a bloke
    called Dirk who had a two bedroom flat in Crouch-End and looked like
    Picasso (from a distance). ;-)

    --
    "So I went down my local ice~cream shop, and said 'I want to buy an
    ice~cream'. He said Hundreds & thousands?' I said 'We'll start with

  15. Re: Anyone got a bowling ball?

    John F. Morse illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    > Then there was Bennie Hill, and his gals....

    Aaaghhh....*enough*.

    --
    "I was in a bar the other night, hopping from barstool to barstool,
    trying to get lucky, but there wasn't any gum under any of them." ~ Emo

+ Reply to Thread