xchat: userlist does not show away status - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on xchat: userlist does not show away status - Ubuntu ; Hello, I discovered in xchat that the status in the userlist is not changed if a user has been set his status to "away". Usually these users appear in a light grey colour. But that happen only in kubuntu, in ...

  1. xchat: userlist does not show away status

    Hello,

    I discovered in xchat that the status in the userlist is not changed if a
    user has been set his status to "away". Usually these users appear in a
    light grey colour.

    But that happen only in kubuntu, in ubuntu (gnome desktop) it appears
    correct.

    Since I prefer the kde desktop I would like to know how I can solve that
    problem in kubuntu. Both applications should be appear similar, regardless
    what kind of desktop I use. Since xchat is a gtk based application it
    seems that it runs better under gnome as under kde. But I have seen
    already in Debian/Etch and openSUSE that the status is shown correct also
    under the kde desktop. So it must be possible.

    Martin.
    --
    OS: openSUSE 10.2 (i586)
    Kernel: 2.6.18.8-0.10-default

  2. Re: xchat: userlist does not show away status

    Martin Schnitkemper schrieb:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I discovered in xchat that the status in the userlist is not changed ifa
    > user has been set his status to "away". Usually these users appear in a
    > light grey colour.
    >
    > But that happen only in kubuntu, in ubuntu (gnome desktop) it appears
    > correct.
    >
    > Since I prefer the kde desktop I would like to know how I can solve that
    > problem in kubuntu. Both applications should be appear similar, regardless
    > what kind of desktop I use. Since xchat is a gtk based application it
    > seems that it runs better under gnome as under kde. But I have seen
    > already in Debian/Etch and openSUSE that the status is shown correct also
    > under the kde desktop. So it must be possible.
    >
    > Martin.

    It's present in Debian Lenny and seems
    to be only present with KDE and not with GNOME nor fluxbox. Don't know
    which Version of xchat is used in OpenSuSE.

    Christoph

  3. Re: xchat: userlist does not show away status

    Christoph Egger schrieb:

    > It's present in Debian Lenny and seems
    > to be only present with KDE and not with GNOME nor fluxbox. Don't know
    > which Version of xchat is used in OpenSuSE.

    Yes I know, I submitted that bugreport

    Since I got no response there so far I tried it here again, maybe someone
    knows why xchat appears different between the kde- and gnome desktop.

    And it seems that it not depends of the xchat version since 2.8.4 and 2.8.6
    runs well under kde & openSUSE, Etch and sidux, but not with Lenny and
    kubuntu.

    I will ask also in the xchat forum, maybe the developers know the reason.

    Martin.
    --
    OS: openSUSE 10.2 (i586)
    Kernel: 2.6.18.8-0.10-default