Can't download photos from camera. - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Can't download photos from camera. - Ubuntu ; Meat Plow wrote: > On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 06:46:32 -0400, Fred wrote: > >> I always do updates every few days, but I switched from gnome to >> kde which >> is what started this problem I believe. I ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 24 of 24

  1. Re: Can't download photos from camera.

    Meat Plow wrote:

    > On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 06:46:32 -0400, Fred wrote:
    >

    >> I always do updates every few days, but I switched from gnome to
    >> kde which
    >> is what started this problem I believe. I don't have anything I can find
    >> called "kcontrol" I have a "Control Centre" under "Settings" but it has
    >> nothing about Disks and I didn't see anything about cameras.
    >> F-spot also encounters a fatal error saying it cannot find the
    >> Dbus session
    >> bus. It tells me to run a new session by entering "dbus-launch f-spot"
    >> ... OK, that works, and f-spot starts, but when I try to import photos
    >> from the camera, it tells me "No camera detected."
    >> That is the only way I can launch F-spot, from a terminal with
    >> dbus-launch.
    >> Even after it's been done once, it still won't launch from the menu.

    > You can run kcontrol from the Run Application launcher by typing kcontrol
    > or open a terminal and type it in there and hit enter. I won't guaranty
    > this as a fix but you need to start somewhere. In lieu of not being able
    > to correct this have you considered an inexpensive USB card reader? This
    > is what I use and it works well.

    Yes, that's the same
    as the KDE Control Centre that I ran, and there is nothing labelled Disks
    in it.

    > Also, make sure you have all the dbus-x11 junk installed. I think there is
    > dbus for KDE also. Run sudo adept_manager and type in dbus-x11 and see
    > what is installed.

    sudo adept_manager
    sudo: adept_manager: command not found

    I'll see if I can find adept_manager under synaptic. Oh might it be a dash
    instead of an underscore? ... Well, that's not found either.

    --
    Peace,
    Fred

  2. Re: Can't download photos from camera.

    Fred wrote:

    dbus-x11 is installed according to

    --
    Peace,
    Fred
    (Remove FFFf from my email address to reply by email).

  3. Re: Can't download photos from camera.

    Fred wrote:

    > Meat Plow wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 06:46:32 -0400, Fred wrote:
    >>

    >>> I always do updates every few days, but I switched from gnome to
    >>> kde which
    >>> is what started this problem I believe. I don't have anything I can
    >>> find
    >>> called "kcontrol" I have a "Control Centre" under "Settings" but it has
    >>> nothing about Disks and I didn't see anything about cameras.
    >>> F-spot also encounters a fatal error saying it cannot find the
    >>> Dbus session
    >>> bus. It tells me to run a new session by entering "dbus-launch f-spot"
    >>> ... OK, that works, and f-spot starts, but when I try to import photos
    >>> from the camera, it tells me "No camera detected."
    >>> That is the only way I can launch F-spot, from a terminal with
    >>> dbus-launch.
    >>> Even after it's been done once, it still won't launch from the menu.

    >> You can run kcontrol from the Run Application launcher by typing kcontrol
    >> or open a terminal and type it in there and hit enter. I won't guaranty
    >> this as a fix but you need to start somewhere. In lieu of not being able
    >> to correct this have you considered an inexpensive USB card reader? This
    >> is what I use and it works well.
    >>

    > Yes, that's the same
    > as the KDE Control Centre that I ran, and there is nothing labelled Disks
    > in it.
    >
    >> Also, make sure you have all the dbus-x11 junk installed. I think there
    >> is dbus for KDE also. Run sudo adept_manager and type in dbus-x11 and see
    >> what is installed.

    > sudo adept_manager
    > sudo: adept_manager: command not found
    >
    > I'll see if I can find adept_manager under synaptic. Oh might it be a
    > dash instead of an underscore? ... Well, that's not found either.

    Synaptic says dbus-x11 is installed.

    --
    Peace,
    Fred
    (Remove FFFf from my email address to reply by email).

  4. Re: Can't download photos from camera.

    On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 14:25:35 -0400, Fred wrote:

    > Fred wrote:
    >
    >> Meat Plow wrote:

    >>> You can run kcontrol from the Run Application launcher by typing
    >>> kcontrol or open a terminal and type it in there and hit enter. I won't
    >>> guaranty this as a fix but you need to start somewhere. In lieu of not
    >>> being able to correct this have you considered an inexpensive USB card
    >>> reader? This is what I use and it works well.
    >>>

    >> Yes, that's the same
    >> as the KDE Control Centre that I ran, and there is nothing labelled
    >> Disks
    >> in it.
    >>
    >>> Also, make sure you have all the dbus-x11 junk installed. I think there
    >>> is dbus for KDE also. Run sudo adept_manager and type in dbus-x11 and
    >>> see what is installed.

    >> sudo adept_manager
    >> sudo: adept_manager: command not found
    >>
    >> I'll see if I can find adept_manager under synaptic. Oh might it be a
    >> dash instead of an underscore? ... Well, that's not found either.
    >>

    > Synaptic says dbus-x11 is installed.

    Well I'm outta ideas at this point. Get a card reader.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2