segmentation fault and Thunderbird - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on segmentation fault and Thunderbird - Ubuntu ; Got a chronic problem with Thunderbird on my machine. After booting up it won't load and I get a segmentation fault error. The only cure seems to be a complete uninstall and then installing it again. Works fine until the ...

  1. segmentation fault and Thunderbird

    Got a chronic problem with Thunderbird on my machine. After booting up
    it won't load and I get a segmentation fault error. The only cure seems
    to be a complete uninstall and then installing it again. Works fine
    until the next time I boot up. Any suggestions how to track down what is
    causing this behavior? (Ubuntu 8.04)

    Mouse

  2. Re: segmentation fault and Thunderbird

    mouse wrote:
    > Got a chronic problem with Thunderbird on my machine. After booting up
    > it won't load and I get a segmentation fault error. The only cure seems
    > to be a complete uninstall and then installing it again. Works fine
    > until the next time I boot up. Any suggestions how to track down what is
    > causing this behavior? (Ubuntu 8.04)
    >
    > Mouse

    Checking these out may narrow your search
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...-3.0/+filebug/

    --
    Bob
    Calling alcoholism a disease is

  3. Re: segmentation fault and Thunderbird

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...bird/+filebug/
    --
    Bob
    Calling alcoholism a disease is
    the politically correct substitute for a self induced insanity.

  4. Re: segmentation fault and Thunderbird

    mouse wrote:
    > Got a chronic problem with Thunderbird on my machine. After booting up
    > it won't load and I get a segmentation fault error. The only cure seems
    > to be a complete uninstall and then installing it again. Works fine
    > until the next time I boot up. Any suggestions how to track down what is
    > causing this behavior? (Ubuntu 8.04)

    Test your RAM with memtest. Are you also overclocking?

    --
    @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
    /( _ )\ (Xubuntu 8.04) Linux 2.6.25.10