Continual update problems. - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Continual update problems. - Ubuntu ; Every time the update manager says there is an update I use to install it but had so many problems I've stopped doing it. I guess it is recommended to get the updates but when I do I keep loosing ...

  1. Continual update problems.

    Every time the update manager says there is an update I use to install it
    but had so many problems I've stopped doing it.
    I guess it is recommended to get the updates but when I do I keep loosing
    something!

    The last time I lost WiFi (Madwifi), suspend, CUPS and the shared folder in
    windows.

    I know some others have had problems from the last time I posted about this
    but it doesn't seem to be a major problem for most - So WTF am I doing
    wrong?

    Slatts
    (Hardy 8.04, HP G7000.)

    (BTW I've got WiFi, shared folder, and CUPS back but I can't get suspend to
    work any more.)

  2. Re: Continual update problems.

    Sla#s wrote:
    > Every time the update manager says there is an update I use to install
    > it but had so many problems I've stopped doing it.
    > I guess it is recommended to get the updates but when I do I keep
    > loosing something!
    >
    > The last time I lost WiFi (Madwifi), suspend, CUPS and the shared folder
    > in windows.
    >
    > I know some others have had problems from the last time I posted about
    > this but it doesn't seem to be a major problem for most - So WTF am I
    > doing wrong?
    >
    > Slatts
    > (Hardy 8.04, HP G7000.)
    >
    > (BTW I've got WiFi, shared folder, and CUPS back but I can't get suspend
    > to work any more.)

    Maybe Mr Big best switch intrepid beta updates off, sending beta 8,04
    updates instead; before the big wheel turns and Ubuntu abandons its
    place in history.

    --
    Bob
    Calling alcoholism a disease is