This is a discussion on Resier FS is dead - Ubuntu ; by all means http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25577513/ -- Jerry McGuire: Help me, help you... :-)...

  1. Resier FS is dead

    by all means
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25577513/
    --
    Jerry McGuire: Help me, help you...
    :-)

  2. Re: Resier FS is dead

    On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 23:27:40 -0700, Amnon wrote:

    > by all means
    > http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25577513/

    25 years is plenty to come up with new versions :-)

    --
    A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.

  3. Re: Resier FS is dead

    On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 23:27:40 -0700, Amnon wrote:

    > by all means
    > http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25577513/

    Very peculiar - it still seems to be working for me!

  4. Re: Resier FS is dead

    ray wrote:

    > On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 23:27:40 -0700, Amnon wrote:
    >
    >> by all means
    >> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25577513/

    > Very peculiar - it still seems to be working for me!

    It's his wife that's dead, not the file system. This must be a troll.

    --
    Peace,
    Fred

  5. Re: Resier FS is dead

    On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 12:20:12 -0400, Fred wrote:

    > ray wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 23:27:40 -0700, Amnon wrote:
    >>
    >>> by all means
    >>> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25577513/

    >> Very peculiar - it still seems to be working for me!

    > It's his wife that's dead, not the file system. This must be a
    > troll.

    Jee ya think?

  6. Re: Resier FS is dead

    Amnon wrote:

    > by all means
    > http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25577513/

    Well, sad to hear that abour Reiser. But the filesystem itself should find
    another maintainer. It works fine on a lot of workstations and servers, and
    I even tried Reiser4 for a while without much trouble.
    It's not the filesystem with the blood stains ...

  7. Re: Resier FS is dead

    Trevor Best wrote:
    > On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 23:27:40 -0700, Amnon wrote:
    >
    >> by all means
    >> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25577513/

    > 25 years is plenty to come up with new versions :-)

    Seems like this is a serious issue. Will Resier be allowed to program in
    prison?

  8. Re: Resier FS is dead

    "Amnon" wrote in message
    newsan.2008.07.09.06.27.38.531000@none.com...
    > by all means
    > http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25577513/
    > --
    > Jerry McGuire: Help me, help you...
    > :-)

    He must use Linux.
    He still lives with Mom.
    The stereotype is true (besides the murder part)

  9. Re: Resier FS is dead

    On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 22:24:45 -0400, Lawrence Krubner wrote:

    > Trevor Best wrote:
    >> On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 23:27:40 -0700, Amnon wrote:
    >>
    >>> by all means
    >>> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25577513/

    >> 25 years is plenty to come up with new versions :-)

    > Seems like this is a serious issue. Will Resier be allowed to program in
    > prison?

    Either that or by the time he gets out he could enter the World
    Championship for Scrabble.

    Can we send him an Eee PC in a cake?

    --
    A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.

  10. Re: Resier FS is dead

    You just won the Donkey of the year award..

    On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 12:20:12 -0400, Fred wrote:

    > It's his wife that's dead, not the file system. This must be a troll.

    --
    Jerry McGuire: Help me, help you...
    :-)

  11. Re: Resier FS is dead

    On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 08:24:51 +0100, Trevor Best wrote:

    > 25 years is plenty to come up with new versions :-)

    You rule!
    --
    Jerry McGuire: Help me, help you...
    :-)

  12. Re: Resier FS is dead

    Amnon wrote:
    > You just won the Donkey of the year award..
    >
    > On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 12:20:12 -0400, Fred wrote:
    >
    >> It's his wife that's dead, not the file system. This must be a troll.

    My reading is that developers are fleeing ReisserFS. With no further
    suppor, and known deficiencies in reiserprogs this is not good. Also
    keep in mind that ReiserFS has been developed by a private commpnay
    which itself is defunct. I have reisntalled Slackware and Debina in the
    ext3 FS. I'll be able to upgrade to ext4.

    I think the hysteria concerning a murderer may be overblown - but
    others do not.

    Marty

  13. Re: Resier FS is dead

    Reiser has always been an asshole

    On 2008-07-15, Marty Felker wrote:
    > Amnon wrote:
    >> You just won the Donkey of the year award..
    >>
    >> On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 12:20:12 -0400, Fred wrote:
    >>
    >>> It's his wife that's dead, not the file system. This must be a troll.

    > My reading is that developers are fleeing ReisserFS. With no further
    > suppor, and known deficiencies in reiserprogs this is not good. Also
    > keep in mind that ReiserFS has been developed by a private commpnay
    > which itself is defunct. I have reisntalled Slackware and Debina in the
    > ext3 FS. I'll be able to upgrade to ext4.
    >
    > I think the hysteria concerning a murderer may be overblown - but
    > others do not.
    >
    > Marty

    posting on Usenet.
    http://improve-usenet.org/