Will Linux EVER hit 1 percent???? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Will Linux EVER hit 1 percent???? - Ubuntu ; On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 09:36:47 +0200, Hadron wrote: >> What, do you really need a list? Even with such a list, all you would >> reply with would be to babble on about how your students can't figure >> ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Results 141 to 156 of 156

  1. Re: Will Linux EVER hit 1 percent????

    On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 09:36:47 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    >> What, do you really need a list? Even with such a list, all you would
    >> reply with would be to babble on about how your students can't figure
    >> out how to open a folder.

    [...]
    > You seem determined not to answer the question. I guess you are an
    > "advocate" rather than an advocate.

    It wasn't a genuine question. Consider that Snit claims to be a Linux
    advocate. If so, why ask me to advocate Linux? Nor is it a general
    discussion.

    Any response to Snit simply results in his babbling about how his
    "students" can't figure out the file/folder relationship and his claim
    that the Mac UI is superior.

    -Thufir

  2. Re: Will Linux EVER hit 1 percent????

    On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 00:47:34 -0700, Snit wrote:

    > He babbled about Mac (Macs! What? Not even a part of the subject!) and
    > then lies about my students.

    Any thread which threatens to be substantive is quickly derailed by your
    mac advocacy idiocy.

    -Thufir

  3. Re: Will Linux EVER hit 1 percent????

    "thufir" stated in post
    qNVdk.64040$kx.60066@pd7urf3no on 7/11/08 8:45 PM:

    > On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 09:36:47 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >>> What, do you really need a list? Even with such a list, all you would
    >>> reply with would be to babble on about how your students can't figure
    >>> out how to open a folder.

    > [...]
    >> You seem determined not to answer the question. I guess you are an
    >> "advocate" rather than an advocate.

    > It wasn't a genuine question.

    Sure it is. I asked a question. You dodged. Again, you said:

    Linux is great, it's the better mousetrap.

    And I asked you:

    I am not disagreeing - bit what do you think Linux offers
    over other common alternatives ... other than price?

    And you have not been able to name *single* thing. Not one.

    This says a lot about your ability to advocate for Linux - you cannot.

    >> I am not disagreeing - bit what do you think Linux offers over other
    >> common alternatives ... other than price?

    > Consider that Snit claims to be a Linux advocate. If so, why ask me to
    > advocate Linux? Nor is it a general discussion.
    >
    > Any response to Snit simply results in his babbling about how his
    > "students" can't figure out the file/folder relationship and his claim
    > that the Mac UI is superior.

    You keep repeating this lie of yours... and yet you cannot find a post from
    me *ever* where I said my students had any unusual difficulty with files and
    folders. You simply made that up. You are a liar.

    --
    Teachers open the door but you must walk through it yourself.

  4. Re: Will Linux EVER hit 1 percent????

    "thufir" stated in post
    oOVdk.93321$gc5.80832@pd7urf2no on 7/11/08 8:46 PM:

    > On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 00:47:34 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >

    >> He babbled about Mac (Macs! What? Not even a part of the subject!) and
    >> then lies about my students.
    >>

    > Any thread which threatens to be substantive is quickly derailed by your
    > mac advocacy idiocy.

    I did not mention the Mac. I asked a question. You dodged. Again, you
    said:

    Linux is great, it's the better mousetrap.

    And I asked you:

    I am not disagreeing - bit what do you think Linux offers
    over other common alternatives ... other than price?

    And you have not been able to name *single* thing. Not one.

    This says a lot about your ability to advocate for Linux - you cannot.

    --
    "If you have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan Simpson

  5. Re: Will Linux EVER hit 1 percent????

    On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 00:52:27 +0100, Andrew Halliwell wrote:

    >>> It is.

    >> So then why do people in China buy cheap Linux systems and wipe Linux
    >> and install pirated Windows?

    > I don't give a **** about people in china, you, or anyone else. Linux is
    > better than windows.
    >
    > I don't give a toss about your fictional "people" who "hate" it either.

    The only ones that "hate linux" are the dumb wintrolls who can't get it
    working properly.

    --
    Why don't you smegging-well smeg off,
    you annoying little smeggy smegging smegger!

  6. Re: Will Linux EVER hit 1 percent????

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > The truth is, people HATE Linux.

    That is surely completely wrong.
    You will find extremely few people hating Linux.
    They just don't care.

    Laszlo

  7. Re: Will Linux EVER hit 1 percent????

    William Poaster wrote:

    > The only ones that "hate linux" are the dumb wintrolls who can't get it
    > working properly.

    not even.
    They just leave it and return to theit favourite OS.

    The only *few* people who *hate* an OS are the Linux fundamentalists.
    They need that hate to feel good.

    Laszlo

  8. Re: Will Linux EVER hit 1 percent????

    Andy Jacobs illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    > I tried going onto the Volkswagen site last night and I can't see
    > anything at all.

    Now. That's what I call a lucky escape.
    ;-)

    --
    "I ran three miles today. Finally I said, "Lady take your purse." ~ Emo
    Philips

  9. Re: Will Linux EVER hit 1 percent????

    On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 18:49:28 +0000, Moog wrote:

    > Andy Jacobs illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >

    >> I tried going onto the Volkswagen site last night and I can't see
    >> anything at all.

    > Now. That's what I call a lucky escape. ;-)

    That depends. I'm having a mid-life crisis and am toying with the idea
    of a Golf R32

    --
    Andy Jacobs

  10. Re: Will Linux EVER hit 1 percent????

    * Andy Jacobs wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:
    > On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 18:49:28 +0000, Moog wrote:

    >> Andy Jacobs illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    >>> I tried going onto the Volkswagen site last night and I can't see
    >>> anything at all.

    >> Now. That's what I call a lucky escape. ;-)

    > That depends. I'm having a mid-life crisis and am toying with the idea
    > of a Golf R32

    I had mine already an bought a Miata PRHT instead

    --
    David
    Those who don't understand Linux are doomed to reinvent it, poorly.

  11. Re: Will Linux EVER hit 1 percent????

    Andy Jacobs illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 18:49:28 +0000, Moog wrote:
    >
    >> Andy Jacobs illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >>

    >>> I tried going onto the Volkswagen site last night and I can't see
    >>> anything at all.

    >> Now. That's what I call a lucky escape. ;-)

    > That depends. I'm having a mid-life crisis and am toying with the idea
    > of a Golf R32

    Eeek....Seriously. Don't do it....

    You get far better "bang for buck" with other marquees.

    And they aren't incredibly bland and overpriced either.

    My midlife crisis took me Japanese....
    My Lexus IS220d is qualiy, full of toys and goes like stink. In fact,
    it has the torque to burn compared with the R32.

    From a standing start, the R32 will move away, but I'll claw it back
    in a relatively short space of time.

    I'll give you a 3 mile race....you against me if you decide to go for
    it. ;-)

    --
    "I was the kid next door's imaginary friend." ~ Emo Philips

  12. Re: Will Linux EVER hit 1 percent????

    On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 20:43:51 +0200, Lazlo Lebrun wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >
    >> The truth is, people HATE Linux.
    >>

    > That is surely completely wrong.
    > You will find extremely few people hating Linux.
    > They just don't care.
    >
    > Laszlo

    Yea, bad choice of words.....
    Let's put it this way, when a noob wastes a week or more trying to make
    Linux fit into what her Windows system was already doing and can't they
    tend to get pissed.

    I've seen it 100 times....

    The usual comment is "Linux sucks"....

    People try Linux because they are looking for FREE....
    They dump Linux just as quickly because they soon discover that
    FREE=Sucks... (For average Jane type stuff, not server geek stuff)

    That's it in a nutshell.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  13. Re: Will Linux EVER hit 1 percent????

    On 2008-07-12, Lazlo Lebrun wrote:
    > William Poaster wrote:
    >
    >> The only ones that "hate linux" are the dumb wintrolls who can't get it
    >> working properly.
    >>

    > not even.
    > They just leave it and return to theit favourite OS.
    >
    > The only *few* people who *hate* an OS are the Linux fundamentalists.
    > They need that hate to feel good.

    I have no problem with any product or company that doesn't try to
    interfere in my right to choose what is best for me rather than the herd.

    --

    The social cost of suing/prosecuting individuals |||
    for non-commercial copyright infringement far outweighs / | \

  14. Re: Will Linux EVER hit 1 percent????

    *stifling yawn*

    ....what a windbag, that Moshe...

  15. Re: Will Linux EVER hit 1 percent????

    blloco wrote:
    > *stifling yawn*
    >
    > ...what a windbag, that Moshe...

    Yet, so very truthful, that Moshe...

  16. Re: Will Linux EVER hit 1 percent????

    In article , "Damian" wrote:
    >blloco wrote:
    >> *stifling yawn*
    >>
    >> ...what a windbag, that Moshe...

    >Yet, so very truthful, that Moshe...

    Not the one we see however. Yours must have a linux O/S

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8