How to remove Ubuntu ? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on How to remove Ubuntu ? - Ubuntu ; Moog wrote: > Tom Canavan illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing: > >> >> I'm working with a laptop here > > Yup. I knew that. I was just re-capping *my* experience. > > Bring your laptop around to my house and ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 30 of 30

  1. Re: How to remove Ubuntu ?

    Moog wrote:
    > Tom Canavan illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >

    >> I'm working with a laptop here

    > Yup. I knew that. I was just re-capping *my* experience.
    >
    > Bring your laptop around to my house and I'll have it working in no
    > time.
    >
    > Alternatively, check out your local LUG.
    > http://www.linux.org/groups/
    >
    > I think you have either a misconfiguration issue or pethaps hardware,
    > but there's nothing quite like a "guru" getting a look close up.

    Ok where do you live?

  2. Re: How to remove Ubuntu ?

    Tom Canavan wrote:
    > Niklaus Kuehnis wrote:
    > > Tom Canavan wrote:
    > >> Where do I find Ubuntu live CD? I downloaded what I hought was live cd
    > >> but it won't boot up.

    > > What is the file called and how did you burn it?
    > >
    > > It should be called ubuntu-8.04.1-desktop-i386.iso and you should
    > > burn it as an iso or image. If the file is listed on the cd, you
    > > burnt it the wrong way.
    > >
    > > I don't know if Vista is able to burn an iso. WinXP isn't.
    > >

    > Yes you were right I figured it out and did get it to boot up and the
    > screen was the same as iNSTALLED VERSION

    OK. I can't give you step-by-step instructions because I haven't got
    any Gnome and I'm not an xorg.conf expert.

    You should try using the fglrx driver (package xorg-driver-fglrx) by
    editing xorg.conf and restarting X.

    HTH,
    Niklaus

  3. Re: How to remove Ubuntu ?

    On 2008-07-09, Moog wrote:

    > Bring your laptop around to my house and I'll have it working in no
    > time.

    Now that is an offer I may take up as well :-). I presume the price of a
    flight is included? It is mid-winter here at the moment and there is a
    wild wind blowing ...

    Andrew

    --
    Do you think that's air you're breathing now?

  4. Re: How to remove Ubuntu ?

    Tom Canavan schrieb:

    > Where do I find Ubuntu live CD? I downloaded what I hought was live cd
    > but it won't boot up.

    What has that to do with my answer?

    Martin.
    --
    OS: openSUSE 10.2 (i586)
    Kernel: 2.6.18.8-0.10-default

  5. Re: How to remove Ubuntu ?

    Tom Canavan schrieb:

    > I figured it out and got the cd to boot up but the screen did the same
    > thing as the installed version.I did find an area where it said screen
    > resolution but I couldn't get it to do anything.

    I told you already how to change the resolution, so why don't you follow the
    advice and donwload instead again useless stuff?

    Martin.
    --
    OS: openSUSE 10.2 (i586)
    Kernel: 2.6.18.8-0.10-default

  6. Re: How to remove Ubuntu ?

    On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 21:05:13 +0000, Moog wrote:

    > andrew illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >> On 2008-07-09, Moog wrote:
    >>
    >>> Bring your laptop around to my house and I'll have it working in no
    >>> time.

    >> Now that is an offer I may take up as well :-). I presume the price of a
    >> flight is included? It is mid-winter here at the moment and there is a
    >> wild wind blowing ...

    > It's mid summer here, and there is a wild wind blowing. ;-)

    We're having a mild winter in the UK... instead of summer.

    --
    A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.

  7. Re: How to remove Ubuntu ?

    Trevor Best wrote:
    > On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 21:05:13 +0000, Moog wrote:
    >
    >> andrew illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    >>> Now that is an offer I may take up as well :-). I presume the price of a
    >>> flight is included? It is mid-winter here at the moment and there is a
    >>> wild wind blowing ...

    >> It's mid summer here, and there is a wild wind blowing. ;-)

    > We're having a mild winter in the UK... instead of summer.

    Out here in West Texas, the blazing hot, dry, 107 degree weather
    finally stopped. It's now monsoon season. Rained all night,
    80 degrees.Every things green now for a while.

  8. Re: How to remove Ubuntu ?

    * Larry wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:
    > Trevor Best wrote:
    >> On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 21:05:13 +0000, Moog wrote:

    >>> andrew illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    >>> It's mid summer here, and there is a wild wind blowing. ;-)

    >> We're having a mild winter in the UK... instead of summer.

    > Out here in West Texas, the blazing hot, dry, 107 degree weather
    > finally stopped. It's now monsoon season. Rained all night,
    > 80 degrees.Every things green now for a while.

    Rain? In Texas? I've heard of this thing, supposed to have water falling
    from the sky or something bizzare like that. Here in North Texas, it's
    just a myth.

    --
    David
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ketchup is a vegetable.

  9. Re: How to remove Ubuntu ?

    On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 17:43:50 -0500, SINNER wrote:

    > * Larry wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:
    >> Trevor Best wrote:

    >>> We're having a mild winter in the UK... instead of summer.

    >> Out here in West Texas, the blazing hot, dry, 107 degree weather
    >> finally stopped. It's now monsoon season. Rained all night,
    >> 80 degrees.Every things green now for a while.

    > Rain? In Texas? I've heard of this thing, supposed to have water falling
    > from the sky or something bizzare like that. Here in North Texas, it's
    > just a myth.

    Houston gets it, it can't handle it, the roads flood, there's no drainage,
    the cars have zero grip, nice dry weather tyres.

    --
    A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.

  10. Re: How to remove Ubuntu ?

    Trevor Best wrote:
    > On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 17:43:50 -0500, SINNER wrote:
    >

    >> * Larry wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:

    >>> Out here in West Texas, the blazing hot, dry, 107 degree weather
    >>> finally stopped. It's now monsoon season. Rained all night,
    >>> 80 degrees.Every things green now for a while.
    >>>

    >> Rain? In Texas? I've heard of this thing, supposed to have water falling
    >> from the sky or something bizzare like that. Here in North Texas, it's
    >> just a myth.
    >>

    > Houston gets it, it can't handle it, the roads flood, there's no drainage,
    > the cars have zero grip, nice dry weather tyres.

    They don't use tyres in Texas, Trevor.

    They ride on tars.

    --
    John