Keyboard weirdness - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Keyboard weirdness - Ubuntu ; All of a sudden my keyboard is speaking a foreign language! Standard UK 105-key PS2, was working fine yesterday. Now I get gibberish whenever I type (no change there, then, some of you may be thinking). Everything else is working ...

  1. Keyboard weirdness

    All of a sudden my keyboard is speaking a foreign language! Standard UK
    105-key PS2, was working fine yesterday. Now I get gibberish whenever I
    type (no change there, then, some of you may be thinking). Everything
    else is working normally. What package do I need to reinstall please?
    Can't think what I might have done to break it. Having to post from XP -
    O the shame!

  2. Re: Keyboard weirdness

    Derek Turner wrote:
    > All of a sudden my keyboard is speaking a foreign language! Standard UK
    > 105-key PS2, was working fine yesterday. Now I get gibberish whenever I
    > type (no change there, then, some of you may be thinking). Everything
    > else is working normally. What package do I need to reinstall please?
    > Can't think what I might have done to break it. Having to post from XP -
    > O the shame!

    Check System/Preferences/Keyboard/Layouts/Reset ?

    --
    Bob
    RTFM? I can't even count them, let alone read them!

  3. Re: Keyboard weirdness

    On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 04:50:41 +1000, Bob wrote:

    > Check System/Preferences/Keyboard/Layouts/Reset ?

    Yep, thanks, that did it! Strange thing was when I hit reset US English
    disappeared from the list leaving only UK to choose from. But that suits
    me fine! I think US is installed by default as that's what the installer
    runs on. Perhaps it got corrupted? Anyway, all's well now so thanks.
    (Posting from mint 5)

+ Reply to Thread