Reversing Brightness in Hardy? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Reversing Brightness in Hardy? - Ubuntu ; I have a Lenovo Y510 laptop, everything works fine with the laptop with one exception. The brightness controls are wrong, when I try to turn the brightness up brightness goes down, the reverse holds true as well. I originally was ...

  1. Reversing Brightness in Hardy?

    I have a Lenovo Y510 laptop, everything works fine with the laptop with
    one exception. The brightness controls are wrong, when I try to turn the
    brightness up brightness goes down, the reverse holds true as well. I
    originally was just going to switch what the keys were controlling but
    whenever the system automatically tries to change the brightness in any
    direction it doesn't work correctly. So is there any way I can correct
    this?

  2. Re: Reversing Brightness in Hardy?

    On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 15:46:41 +0000, Morphe wrote:

    > I have a Lenovo Y510 laptop, everything works fine with the laptop with
    > one exception. The brightness controls are wrong, when I try to turn the
    > brightness up brightness goes down, the reverse holds true as well. I
    > originally was just going to switch what the keys were controlling but
    > whenever the system automatically tries to change the brightness in any
    > direction it doesn't work correctly. So is there any way I can correct
    > this?

    Swap the buttons on the keyboard?

    Just kidding. This may be of some help;

    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=687663&page=13