How to make a PDF out of scanned pictures - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on How to make a PDF out of scanned pictures - Ubuntu ; I want to scan a brochure and make a pdf out of it. The scanning works great, but how can I make a PDF. thanks i -- Due to extreme spam originating from Google Groups, and their inattention to spammers, ...

  1. How to make a PDF out of scanned pictures

    I want to scan a brochure and make a pdf out of it. The scanning works
    great, but how can I make a PDF. thanks

    posting on Usenet.
    http://improve-usenet.org/

  2. Re: How to make a PDF out of scanned pictures

    "Ignoramus5615" wrote in message
    news:MoCdnUr2ZfkecfXVnZ2dnUVZ_uydnZ2d@giganews.com ...
    > I want to scan a brochure and make a pdf out of it. The scanning works
    > great, but how can I make a PDF. thanks

    > --
    > Due to extreme spam originating from Google Groups, and their

    inattention
    > to spammers, I and many others block all articles originating
    > from Google Groups. If you want your postings to be seen by
    > more readers you will need to find a different means of
    > posting on Usenet.
    > http://improve-usenet.org/

    Try this online converter: https://online.primopdf.com/Default.aspx

    Charlie

  3. Re: How to make a PDF out of scanned pictures

    Thanks. There is another answer, as I learned, and it is actually very
    simple:

    http://www.mat.univie.ac.at/~michor/howto.html

    convert can make PDFs.

    On 2008-06-30, CJM wrote:

    > "Ignoramus5615" wrote in message
    > news:MoCdnUr2ZfkecfXVnZ2dnUVZ_uydnZ2d@giganews.com ...
    >> I want to scan a brochure and make a pdf out of it. The scanning works
    >> great, but how can I make a PDF. thanks

    > inattention
    >> to spammers, I and many others block all articles originating
    >> from Google Groups. If you want your postings to be seen by
    >> more readers you will need to find a different means of
    >> posting on Usenet.
    >> http://improve-usenet.org/

    > Try this online converter: https://online.primopdf.com/Default.aspx
    >
    > Charlie

    posting on Usenet.
    http://improve-usenet.org/

  4. Re: How to make a PDF out of scanned pictures

    Ignoramus5615 *rta:
    > I want to scan a brochure and make a pdf out of it. The scanning works
    > great, but how can I make a PDF. thanks

    Xsane ! :-)

    warp

  5. Re: How to make a PDF out of scanned pictures

    Ignoramus5615 wrote:
    > I want to scan a brochure and make a pdf out of it. The scanning works
    > great, but how can I make a PDF. thanks

    Use xsane and set it for multi page document.

  6. Re: How to make a PDF out of scanned pictures

    Ignoramus5615 wrote:
    > I want to scan a brochure and make a pdf out of it. The scanning works
    > great, but how can I make a PDF. thanks

    Paste the pictures into openoffice and then export to pdf.

  7. Re: How to make a PDF out of scanned pictures

    On 2008-06-30, Ignoramus5615 wrote:
    > I want to scan a brochure and make a pdf out of it. The scanning works
    > great, but how can I make a PDF. thanks

    This converts any images to pdf and then concats the pdfs together....

    FILES=$(ls *jpg)
    for file in $FILES; do
    echo $file
    BASE=$(echo $file | sed 's/.jpg//g')
    echo $BASE

    echo "convert $BASE.jpg $BASE.pdf"
    convert $BASE.jpg $BASE.pdf
    done

    pdftk *pdf cat output PictureBook.pdf

    --

    Nothing today, likely nothing since we tamed fire,
    is genuinely new: culture, like science and |||

    Judge Alex Kozinski
    US Court of Appeals
    9th Circuit

    http://www.usenet.com

  8. Re: How to make a PDF out of scanned pictures

    Ignoramus5615 wrote:
    > I want to scan a brochure and make a pdf out of it. The scanning works
    > great, but how can I make a PDF. thanks

    Also,

    man tiff2pdf

    Regards,

    --
    1PW

    @?6A62?FEH9E=6o2@=]4@> [r4o7t]

  9. Re: How to make a PDF out of scanned pictures

    If the photos are in tif format then this script will do it

    # convert multiple tiff files to one pdf in current directory
    tiffcp *.tif phoo.tif
    tiff2pdf -o phoo.pdf phoo.tif

    --

    jhhaynes at earthlink dot net

  10. Re: How to make a PDF out of scanned pictures

    On 2008-06-30, Ignoramus5615 wrote:
    > I want to scan a brochure and make a pdf out of it. The scanning works
    > great, but how can I make a PDF. thanks

    Under xsane you can save the scanned image as a PDF.

  11. Re: How to make a PDF out of scanned pictures

    Ignoramus5615 wrote:

    > I want to scan a brochure and make a pdf out of it. The scanning works
    > great, but how can I make a PDF. thanks

    xsane supports PDF output

    Florian