modifying system file? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on modifying system file? - Ubuntu ; On Wed, 02 Jul 2008 22:27:49 -0700, Tim Smith wrote: >> Insecure? Noob? LOL! HAR!!! > Yes, you are a noob. You demonstrate that all the time. > Such as... > A non-noob, for example, would know that the system ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 45 of 45

  1. Re: modifying system file?

    On Wed, 02 Jul 2008 22:27:49 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    >> Insecure? Noob? LOL! HAR!!!

    > Yes, you are a noob. You demonstrate that all the time.
    > Such as...

    > A non-noob, for example, would know that the system one uses to post to
    > usenet is pretty much irrelevant. A non-noob, for example, would pause
    > to think, and recall that dmr used to post using Windows 95.

    Wrong. It is relevant, n00b.

    > A non-noob would be able to answer questions accurately and completely.
    > Your answers to technical questions have indicated a grasp of the
    > basics, but you miss the bigger picture, and so often miss the complete
    > answer--and the incomplete answer can send the questioner down the wrong
    > path.

    Wrong again, n00b. I've forgotten more about Linux since I woke up this
    morning than you'll ever know.

    > In short, a classic noob.

    You're a classic n00b, Mac-boy.

    --
    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he wiped out Ubuntu and installed Slackware.

  2. Re: modifying system file?

    On Thu, 03 Jul 2008 07:28:41 -0500, Alan Illeman wrote:

    >> And yet...your driving it !

    > As you've since learned, the signature belongs to one
    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty - and no, I am not presently
    > using wine/OE - just plain OE in Windows.

    Bugger off, Win-droid.

    --
    "Bother!" said Pooh, as his rectum exploded.

  3. Re: modifying system file?

    In article ,
    Dan C wrote:
    > > A non-noob, for example, would know that the system one uses to post to
    > > usenet is pretty much irrelevant. A non-noob, for example, would pause
    > > to think, and recall that dmr used to post using Windows 95.

    > Wrong. It is relevant, n00b.

    Ooh, that's so cute. You're using 0 for o. I thought even the script
    kiddies had moved beyond that.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  4. Re: modifying system file?

    Tim Smith illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > In article ,
    > Dan C wrote:
    >>
    >> > Thus speaks the insecure noob.

    >> Insecure? Noob? LOL! HAR!!!

    > Yes, you are a noob. You demonstrate that all the time.
    >
    > Such as...

    >> Bugger off, Mac-boy.

    > A non-noob, for example, would know that the system one uses to post to
    > usenet is pretty much irrelevant. A non-noob, for example, would pause
    > to think, and recall that dmr used to post using Windows 95.
    >
    > A non-noob would be able to answer questions accurately and completely.
    > Your answers to technical questions have indicated a grasp of the
    > basics, but you miss the bigger picture, and so often miss the complete
    > answer--and the incomplete answer can send the questioner down the wrong
    > path.
    >
    > In short, a classic noob.

    Anyone got any Aspirin?

    --
    "He said 'I'm going to chop off the bottom of one of your trouser legs
    and put it in a library.' I thought 'That's a turn~up for the books." ~

  5. Re: modifying system file?

    On 29 Jun 2008 14:37:07 GMT, Moog wrote:

    >http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/man...ode/index.html

    and if you prefer a .pdf file

    http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grub.pdf

    Roy - Registered Linux user 469226