(NEWS) Thin Client Computing - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on (NEWS) Thin Client Computing - Ubuntu ; OK. It's not strictly on topic, but I've been given a heads up by a colleague of mine of a solution that may well help a few posters here. I know a few have the need to connect to windows ...

  1. (NEWS) Thin Client Computing

    OK. It's not strictly on topic, but I've been given a heads up by a
    colleague of mine of a solution that may well help a few posters here.
    I know a few have the need to connect to windows apps such as
    accountancy and bespoke applications such as warehousing and graphics
    apps.

    Check out the following web page.
    http://www.2x.com

    For windows applications
    http://www.2x.com/applicationserver/

    Which is a 5 seat licence and is released under a proprietary end user
    licence.

    So. In theory (and I haven't yet used it) you will be able to run
    those windows applications from a Linux desktop saving your company
    (and your sanity) plenty of bucks.

    Worth a look?

    Of course. And thin client computing, even if it does remind us of
    Larry Ellison, was always a great idea.

    I'll be installing it over the next few days. It could be just that
    answer for certain people and businesses.

    What is has over "remote dekstop" or "VNC" style connections, I'm not
    quite sure yet. I'll be sure to let you know.

    --
    "I love to go down to the schoolyard and watch all the little children
    jump up and down and run around yelling and screaming. They don't know

  2. Re: (NEWS) Thin Client Computing

    On 2008-06-28, Moog wrote:

    > Check out the following web page.
    > http://www.2x.com
    >
    > For windows applications
    > http://www.2x.com/applicationserver/

    Keep us up to date. It sounds like it could be good for small
    businesses looking to shun as much M$ as they can...

    --
    Joe - Linux User #449481/Ubuntu User #19733
    joe at hits - buffalo dot com

  3. Re: (NEWS) Thin Client Computing

    Joe illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > On 2008-06-28, Moog wrote:
    >>
    >> Check out the following web page.
    >> http://www.2x.com
    >>
    >> For windows applications
    >> http://www.2x.com/applicationserver/
    >>

    > Keep us up to date. It sounds like it could be good for small
    > businesses looking to shun as much M$ as they can...

    I will do. I'll be installing it on the accounting PC tomorrow (to see
    if I can get bloody Sage running)

    As an aside, what a pile of c&*p that piece of siftware is. However,
    they seem to have the UK accountant's believing it's the bees knees.

    --
    "I was walking down fifth avenue today and I found a wallet, and I was
    gonna keep it, rather than return it, but I thought: well, if I lost a

+ Reply to Thread