Konqueror - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Konqueror - Ubuntu ; Hi, I just switched to KDE from Ubuntu, and I figured I'd use Konqueror instead of Firefox. OK, so far, so hoopy, but I've given Konqueror my home page and it still doesn't go there when I launch the thing. ...

  1. Konqueror

    Hi,
    I just switched to KDE from Ubuntu, and I figured I'd use Konqueror instead
    of Firefox. OK, so far, so hoopy, but I've given Konqueror my home page
    and it still doesn't go there when I launch the thing. Is there a way I
    can do this, or do I have to find another browser?

    --
    Peace,
    Fred

  2. Re: Konqueror

    Fred wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I just switched to KDE from Ubuntu, and I figured I'd use
    > Konqueror instead
    > of Firefox. OK, so far, so hoopy, but I've given Konqueror my home page
    > and it still doesn't go there when I launch the thing. Is there a way I
    > can do this, or do I have to find another browser?

    Open Konqueror at the page you want then go to the Menu Settings>Save View
    Profile "Web Browsing" and on the save dialog make sure you select
    the "Save URLs in Profile" radio button that should do it.

  3. Re: Konqueror

    Fred wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I just switched to KDE from Ubuntu, and I figured I'd use
    > Konqueror instead
    > of Firefox. OK, so far, so hoopy, but I've given Konqueror my home page
    > and it still doesn't go there when I launch the thing. Is there a way I
    > can do this, or do I have to find another browser?

    Open Konqueror at the page you want then go to the Menu Settings>Save View
    Profile "Web Browsing" and on the save dialog make sure you select
    the "Save URLs in Profile" radio button that should do it.

  4. Re: Konqueror

    Fred wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I just switched to KDE from Ubuntu, and I figured I'd use
    > Konqueror instead
    > of Firefox. OK, so far, so hoopy, but I've given Konqueror my home page
    > and it still doesn't go there when I launch the thing. Is there a way I
    > can do this, or do I have to find another browser?

    Open Konqueror at the page you want then go to the Menu Settings>Save View
    Profile "Web Browsing" and on the save dialog make sure you select
    the "Save URLs in Profile" radio button that should do it.

  5. Re: Konqueror

    Al wrote:

    > Fred wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >> I just switched to KDE from Ubuntu, and I figured I'd use
    >> Konqueror instead
    >> of Firefox. OK, so far, so hoopy, but I've given Konqueror my home page
    >> and it still doesn't go there when I launch the thing. Is there a way I
    >> can do this, or do I have to find another browser?
    >>

    > Open Konqueror at the page you want then go to the Menu Settings>Save View
    > Profile "Web Browsing" and on the save dialog make sure you select
    > the "Save URLs in Profile" radio button that should do it.

    Thanks Al. That's a bit of a nuisance, but now I know.

    --
    Peace,
    Fred
    (Remove FFFf from my email address to reply by email).

+ Reply to Thread