where the hell is module.h - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on where the hell is module.h - Ubuntu ; To develop kernel modules, linux/module.h must be included. Interstingly, the compiler cannot find it. Headers of my kernel(2.6.24-19-generic) are installed. Any suggestion?...

  1. where the hell is module.h

    To develop kernel modules, linux/module.h must be included. Interstingly,
    the compiler cannot find it. Headers of my kernel(2.6.24-19-generic) are
    installed.

    Any suggestion?

  2. Re: where the hell is module.h

    Atilla Filiz illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > To develop kernel modules, linux/module.h must be included. Interstingly,
    > the compiler cannot find it. Headers of my kernel(2.6.24-19-generic) are
    > installed.
    >
    > Any suggestion?

    Yes. It may well be that whatever is looking for it, is looking in the
    wrong place

    To find out if it's there in the first place, open a terminal an type

    $ sudo updatedb
    $ sudo locate module.h

    Whichever compiler or program you are using is going to need the
    relevant location passed to it. This should have been given to you
    from the above commands.

    --
    "New York's such a wonderful city. Although I was at the library today.
    The guys are very rude. I said, "I'd like a card." He says, "You have

+ Reply to Thread