Acroread for 64 bit Ubuntu 8.04? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Acroread for 64 bit Ubuntu 8.04? - Ubuntu ; Hi, I have tried xpdf and document reader that comes with Ubuntu and while they work, I prefer acroread. I couldn't find a 64 bit version however. Does anyone happen to know if it exists? -- To reply by email: ...

  1. Acroread for 64 bit Ubuntu 8.04?

    --
    To reply by email: vhoward1122 at gmail dot com

  2. Re: Acroread for 64 bit Ubuntu 8.04?

    Vance wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have tried xpdf and document reader that comes with Ubuntu and while
    > they work, I prefer acroread. I couldn't find a 64 bit version
    > however. Does anyone happen to know if it exists?

    Have you added the medibuntu repository? Its in there.

    --
    JimP

  3. Re: Acroread for 64 bit Ubuntu 8.04?

    On 2008-06-28, Jim Price wrote:
    > Vance wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >> I have tried xpdf and document reader that comes with Ubuntu and while
    >> they work, I prefer acroread. I couldn't find a 64 bit version
    >> however. Does anyone happen to know if it exists?
    >>

    > Have you added the medibuntu repository? Its in there.

    No, didn't know about that repository. Do you have the address?
    Thanks, Vance
    --
    To reply by email: vhoward1122 at gmail dot com

  4. Re: Acroread for 64 bit Ubuntu 8.04?

    On 2008-06-28, Vance wrote:
    > On 2008-06-28, Jim Price wrote:
    >> Vance wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>> I have tried xpdf and document reader that comes with Ubuntu and while
    >>> they work, I prefer acroread. I couldn't find a 64 bit version
    >>> however. Does anyone happen to know if it exists?
    >>>

    >> Have you added the medibuntu repository? Its in there.
    >>

    > No, didn't know about that repository. Do you have the address?

    Google is your friend... ;-)

    http://tinyurl.com/3waoz5

    Navigate to the directions for your version of Ubuntu...

    --
    Joe - Linux User #449481/Ubuntu User #19733
    joe at hits - buffalo dot com

  5. Re: Acroread for 64 bit Ubuntu 8.04?

    On 2008-06-28, Joe wrote:
    > On 2008-06-28, Vance wrote:
    >>>>
    >>> Have you added the medibuntu repository? Its in there.
    >>>

    >> No, didn't know about that repository. Do you have the address?

    > Google is your friend... ;-)
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/3waoz5
    >

    > Navigate to the directions for your version of Ubuntu...

    Thanks for the link.

    --
    To reply by email: vhoward1122 at gmail dot com

  6. Re: Acroread for 64 bit Ubuntu 8.04?

    Vance wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have tried xpdf and document reader that comes with Ubuntu and while
    > they work, I prefer acroread. I couldn't find a 64 bit version
    > however. Does anyone happen to know if it exists?

    Be advised that the 64bit version only has one plug-in - search, none of
    the others are available

  7. Re: Acroread for 64 bit Ubuntu 8.04?

    Vance wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have tried xpdf and document reader that comes with Ubuntu and while
    > they work, I prefer acroread. I couldn't find a 64 bit version
    > however. Does anyone happen to know if it exists?

    Shouldn't the 32-bit version work just fine in this?

    Yousuf Khan

  8. Re: Acroread for 64 bit Ubuntu 8.04?

    On 2008-06-28, Yousuf Khan wrote:
    > Vance wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >> I have tried xpdf and document reader that comes with Ubuntu and while
    >> they work, I prefer acroread. I couldn't find a 64 bit version
    >> however. Does anyone happen to know if it exists?

    > Shouldn't the 32-bit version work just fine in this?
    >
    > Yousuf Khan

    No. It won't install. However, from another post, there was a link to
    instructions to add a repository that had the 64 bit version. Now it
    works great.

    --
    To reply by email: vhoward1122 at gmail dot com

  9. Re: Acroread for 64 bit Ubuntu 8.04?

    Vance wrote:
    > On 2008-06-28, Yousuf Khan wrote:
    >> Vance wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>> I have tried xpdf and document reader that comes with Ubuntu and while
    >>> they work, I prefer acroread. I couldn't find a 64 bit version
    >>> however. Does anyone happen to know if it exists?

    >> Shouldn't the 32-bit version work just fine in this?
    >>
    >> Yousuf Khan

    > No. It won't install. However, from another post, there was a link to
    > instructions to add a repository that had the 64 bit version. Now it
    > works great.

    Try clicking on a hyperlink in a pdf doc and see if you still think that
    it works great! As I said before, lack of all the useful plug-ins.

  10. Re: Acroread for 64 bit Ubuntu 8.04?

    On 2008-06-29, Ian Pawson wrote:
    > Vance wrote:
    >>> Shouldn't the 32-bit version work just fine in this?
    >>>
    >>> Yousuf Khan

    >> No. It won't install. However, from another post, there was a link to
    >> instructions to add a repository that had the 64 bit version. Now it
    >> works great.
    >>

    > Try clicking on a hyperlink in a pdf doc and see if you still think that
    > it works great! As I said before, lack of all the useful plug-ins.

    Seems to work for me.
    --
    To reply by email: vhoward1122 at gmail dot com

  11. Re: Acroread for 64 bit Ubuntu 8.04?

    Vance wrote:
    > On 2008-06-29, Ian Pawson wrote:
    >> Vance wrote:

    >>> No. It won't install. However, from another post, there was a link to
    >>> instructions to add a repository that had the 64 bit version. Now it
    >>> works great.
    >>>

    >> Try clicking on a hyperlink in a pdf doc and see if you still think that
    >> it works great! As I said before, lack of all the useful plug-ins.

    > Seems to work for me.

    I meant an external url that would usually fire up your web browser and
    not an internal link. This functionality requires a plug-in that is not
    available for the 64bit version.

  12. Re: Acroread for 64 bit Ubuntu 8.04?

    Vance wrote:
    > On 2008-06-29, Ian Pawson wrote:
    >> Vance wrote:

    >>> No. It won't install. However, from another post, there was a link to
    >>> instructions to add a repository that had the 64 bit version. Now it
    >>> works great.
    >>>

    >> Try clicking on a hyperlink in a pdf doc and see if you still think that
    >> it works great! As I said before, lack of all the useful plug-ins.

    > Seems to work for me.

    I meant an external url that would usually fire up your web browser and
    not an internal link. This functionality requires a plug-in that is not
    available for the 64bit version.

  13. Re: Acroread for 64 bit Ubuntu 8.04?

    On 2008-06-29, Ian Pawson wrote:
    > Vance wrote:

    >>> Try clicking on a hyperlink in a pdf doc and see if you still think that
    >>> it works great! As I said before, lack of all the useful plug-ins.

    >> Seems to work for me.

    > I meant an external url that would usually fire up your web browser and
    > not an internal link. This functionality requires a plug-in that is not
    > available for the 64bit version.

    Whatever. As long as I can read the content intended for me to read,
    it works. As for internal or external links, my browser does indeed
    "fire up" when I click on them.

    Maybe it just doesn't work you?
    --
    To reply by email: vhoward1122 at gmail dot com

  14. Re: Acroread for 64 bit Ubuntu 8.04?

    On 2008-06-29, Ian Pawson wrote:
    > Vance wrote:

    >>> Try clicking on a hyperlink in a pdf doc and see if you still think that
    >>> it works great! As I said before, lack of all the useful plug-ins.

    >> Seems to work for me.

    > I meant an external url that would usually fire up your web browser and
    > not an internal link. This functionality requires a plug-in that is not
    > available for the 64bit version.

    Whatever. As long as I can read the content intended for me to read,
    it works. As for internal or external links, my browser does indeed
    "fire up" when I click on them.

    Maybe it just doesn't work you?
    --
    To reply by email: vhoward1122 at gmail dot com

+ Reply to Thread