Found a free server. - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Found a free server. - Ubuntu ; news.edisontel.com Leave the user name and password entries as nothing. If you try to log on with anything in those fields then you don't connect. So far it is a read only but it does have alt.os.linux.ubuntu. If anyone manages ...

  1. Found a free server.

    news.edisontel.com

    Leave the user name and password entries as nothing.
    If you try to log on with anything in those fields then you don't
    connect. So far it is a read only but it does have alt.os.linux.ubuntu.
    If anyone manages to crack the riddle of being able to post please put
    it up for all.

    Bill Baka

  2. Re: Found a free server.

    On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 16:35:18 -0700, Bill wrote:

    > news.edisontel.com
    >
    > Leave the user name and password entries as nothing.
    > If you try to log on with anything in those fields then you don't
    > connect. So far it is a read only but it does have alt.os.linux.ubuntu.

    Great news! A read-only server is perfect for you, that way nobody will
    have to read your drivel and idiotic posts.

    Bugger off, Win-droid.

    --
    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he put Spanish Fly in Christopher Robin's drink.

  3. Re: Found a free server.

    Bill wrote:
    > news.edisontel.com
    >
    > Leave the user name and password entries as nothing.
    > If you try to log on with anything in those fields then you don't
    > connect. So far it is a read only but it does have alt.os.linux.ubuntu.
    > If anyone manages to crack the riddle of being able to post please put
    > it up for all.
    >
    > Bill Baka

    You can't post, that's the point.

    Try Motzarella, it's free.

  4. Re: Found a free server.

    Bill wrote:
    > news.edisontel.com
    >
    > Leave the user name and password entries as nothing.
    > If you try to log on with anything in those fields then you don't
    > connect. So far it is a read only but it does have alt.os.linux.ubuntu.
    > If anyone manages to crack the riddle of being able to post please put
    > it up for all.
    >
    > Bill Baka

    I found I could post with no problem (see the header of this message).

    Maybe the riddle is to use Linux? ;-)

    --
    John

    No Microsoft, Apple, Intel, Novell, Trend Micro, nor Ford products were used
    in the preparation or transmission of this message.

    The EULA sounds like it was written by a team of lawyers who want to tell me
    what I can't do. The GPL sounds like it was written by a human being, who
    wants me to know what I can do.

  5. Re: Found a free server.

    Bill wrote:
    > news.edisontel.com
    >
    > Leave the user name and password entries as nothing.
    > If you try to log on with anything in those fields then you don't
    > connect. So far it is a read only but it does have alt.os.linux.ubuntu.
    > If anyone manages to crack the riddle of being able to post please put
    > it up for all.
    >
    > Bill Baka

    I attempted to post there but had the incorrect profile. I canceled that
    message for whatever good it might do.

    I imagine they do use authentication, either by IP, since they know
    their customers, or by username and password (your's was wrong, so it
    failed).

    --
    John

  6. Re: Found a free server.

    On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 01:43:33 +0000, John F. Morse wrote:

    > I found I could post with no problem (see the header of this message).
    >
    > Maybe the riddle is to use Linux? ;-)

    HAR! Well, that means we won't be seeing any posts from Bill using that
    server. He's a certified, true-blue, hardcore Win-droid, and always will
    be.

    --
    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he sold Eyore to the glue factory.

  7. Re: Found a free server.

    On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 16:35:18 -0700, Bill wrote:

    > news.edisontel.com
    >
    > Leave the user name and password entries as nothing.
    > If you try to log on with anything in those fields then you don't
    > connect. So far it is a read only but it does have alt.os.linux.ubuntu.
    > If anyone manages to crack the riddle of being able to post please put
    > it up for all.

    Perhaps it's free to read and you need to sign up and get a login to post.

    --
    trevor@leoben:~$ telnet mordor
    telnet: could not resolve mordor/telnet: One does not simply telnet into mordor!

+ Reply to Thread