[UBUNTU NEWSGROUP FAQ PERIODIC POSTING] - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on [UBUNTU NEWSGROUP FAQ PERIODIC POSTING] - Ubuntu ; New to Ubuntu on Usenet? I have started a new FAQ pertaining to alt.os.linux.ubunbtu. This is basically a who is who FAQ intended to help those sort out the group regulars and what their purposes are for subscribing here. First ...

  1. [UBUNTU NEWSGROUP FAQ PERIODIC POSTING]

    New to Ubuntu on Usenet? I have started a new FAQ pertaining to
    alt.os.linux.ubunbtu. This is basically a who is who FAQ intended
    to help those sort out the group regulars and what their purposes
    are for subscribing here.

    First of all let me welcome the new posters and new users of Ubuntu.
    I am relatively new to Ubuntu but have been using linux on and off since
    1998. You will find some helpful people in this news group. However you
    will also find people here whose only purpose is to entertain
    themselves and their clique of friend by trolling, harassing and
    embarrassing new posters. Granted I am by no means an angel but my purpose
    here is to help and share my experience and not like some to troll and
    play with and otherwise make new posters feel uncomfortable.

    Find below an incomplete list of those who are here to troll and
    antagonize you for being new to Ubuntu.

    Dan C = Pure troll, always looking to target newcomers, kill filtered by
    many. Doesn't even use Ubuntu. Avoid at all costs.

    Moog = Knowledgeable but condescending. Makes you feel inferior for not
    having his skills. Has huge chip on shoulder. Avoid at all costs.

    This list will be posted periodically as I add new names to it.

  2. Re: [UBUNTU NEWSGROUP FAQ PERIODIC POSTING]

    * Ubuntu Adnimistrator wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:

    > New to Ubuntu on Usenet? I have started a new FAQ pertaining to
    > alt.os.linux.ubunbtu. This is basically a who is who FAQ intended
    > to help those sort out the group regulars and what their purposes
    > are for subscribing here.
    >
    > First of all let me welcome the new posters and new users of Ubuntu.
    > I am relatively new to Ubuntu but have been using linux on and off
    > since 1998. You will find some helpful people in this news group.
    > However you will also find people here whose only purpose is to
    > entertain themselves and their clique of friend by trolling, harassing
    > and embarrassing new posters. Granted I am by no means an angel but my
    > purpose here is to help and share my experience and not like some to
    > troll and play with and otherwise make new posters feel uncomfortable.
    >
    > Find below an incomplete list of those who are here to troll and
    > antagonize you for being new to Ubuntu.
    >
    > Dan C = Pure troll, always looking to target newcomers, kill filtered
    > by
    > many. Doesn't even use Ubuntu. Avoid at all costs.
    >
    > Moog = Knowledgeable but condescending. Makes you feel inferior for
    > not
    > having his skills. Has huge chip on shoulder. Avoid at all
    > costs.
    >

    > This list will be posted periodically as I add new names to it.

    This is not a FAQ and disguising yourself as some self appointed admin is
    trolling. Add yourself to the list.

    --
    David

  3. Re: [UBUNTU NEWSGROUP FAQ PERIODIC POSTING]

    In SINNER:

    [Snip...]

    > This is not a FAQ and disguising yourself as some self appointed admin
    > is trolling.

    IMO it's PlowBoi, nymshifting to stalk Moog and anyone else with a brain
    working independently of the Troll Collective Hive Mind.

    > Add yourself to the list.

    FWIW...

    I plonked by poster and thread, as soon as the festering boil erupted.

    I toss GoogleGroup posts from gitgo (http://improve-usenet.org).

  4. Re: [UBUNTU NEWSGROUP FAQ PERIODIC POSTING]

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 15:04:59 -0400, Ubuntu Adnimistrator wrote:

    > New to Ubuntu on Usenet? I have started a new FAQ pertaining to
    > alt.os.linux.ubunbtu. This is basically a who is who FAQ intended to
    > help those sort out the group regulars and what their purposes are for
    > subscribing here.
    >
    > First of all let me welcome the new posters and new users of Ubuntu. I
    > am relatively new to Ubuntu but have been using linux on and off since
    > 1998. You will find some helpful people in this news group. However you
    > will also find people here whose only purpose is to entertain themselves
    > and their clique of friend by trolling, harassing and embarrassing new
    > posters. Granted I am by no means an angel but my purpose here is to
    > help and share my experience and not like some to troll and play with
    > and otherwise make new posters feel uncomfortable.
    >
    > Find below an incomplete list of those who are here to troll and
    > antagonize you for being new to Ubuntu.
    >
    > Ubuntu Adnimistrator = Completely utterly clueless and arrogant troll.
    >
    > This list will be posted periodically as I add new names to it.

    I fixed the names list for you.

    --
    Stephan
    1986 Pontiac Fiero GT

    君の事思い出す日なんてないのは
    君の事忘れたときがないから

  5. Re: [UBUNTU NEWSGROUP FAQ PERIODIC POSTING]

    Stephan Rose wrote:
    >> Find below an incomplete list of those who are here to troll and
    >> antagonize you for being new to Ubuntu.
    >>
    >> Ubuntu Adnimistrator = Completely utterly clueless and arrogant troll.
    >>
    >> This list will be posted periodically as I add new names to it.

    > I fixed the names list for you.

    At least he got Dan C right.
    Moog I am reserving judgment on.
    Bill Baka

  6. Re: [UBUNTU NEWSGROUP FAQ PERIODIC POSTING]

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 15:04:59 -0400, Ubuntu Adnimistrator wrote:

    > Moog = [snippage] Has huge chip on shoulder.

    Anyone got a spare irony meter? Mine has melted.

    --
    trevor@leoben:~$ telnet mordor
    telnet: could not resolve mordor/telnet: One does not simply telnet into mordor!

  7. Re: [UBUNTU NEWSGROUP FAQ PERIODIC POSTING]

    Trevor Best illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 15:04:59 -0400, Ubuntu Adnimistrator wrote:
    >
    >> Moog = [snippage] Has huge chip on shoulder.

    > Anyone got a spare irony meter? Mine has melted.

    If he'd said

    Moog = Has huge fingers on hand

    He may well have had a point. ;-)

    --
    "I love to go down to the schoolyard and watch all the little children
    jump up and down and run around yelling and screaming. They don't know

  8. Re: [UBUNTU NEWSGROUP FAQ PERIODIC POSTING]

    On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 20:36:37 +0000, Moog wrote:

    > Trevor Best illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >> On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 15:04:59 -0400, Ubuntu Adnimistrator wrote:
    >>
    >>> Moog = [snippage] Has huge chip on shoulder.

    >> Anyone got a spare irony meter? Mine has melted.

    > If he'd said
    >
    > Moog = Has huge fingers on hand
    >
    > He may well have had a point. ;-)

    I think Plowboi needs to fill this out
    http://www.eatliver.com/i.php?n=2026

    --
    trevor@leoben:~$ telnet mordor
    telnet: could not resolve mordor/telnet: One does not simply telnet into mordor!

  9. Re: [UBUNTU NEWSGROUP FAQ PERIODIC POSTING]

    Trevor Best illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 20:36:37 +0000, Moog wrote:
    >
    >> Trevor Best illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    >>> Anyone got a spare irony meter? Mine has melted.

    >> If he'd said
    >>
    >> Moog = Has huge fingers on hand
    >>
    >> He may well have had a point. ;-)

    > I think Plowboi needs to fill this out
    > http://www.eatliver.com/i.php?n=2026

    LOL. That's a work of genius.

    --
    "People come up to me and say, "Do people really come up to you?" ~ Emo
    Philips

  10. Re: [UBUNTU NEWSGROUP FAQ PERIODIC POSTING]

    On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 20:59:44 +0000, Moog wrote:

    > Trevor Best illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >> On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 20:36:37 +0000, Moog wrote:
    >>
    >>> Trevor Best illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    >>> If he'd said
    >>>
    >>> Moog = Has huge fingers on hand
    >>>
    >>> He may well have had a point. ;-)

    >> I think Plowboi needs to fill this out
    >> http://www.eatliver.com/i.php?n=2026

    > LOL. That's a work of genius.

    Thanks for making my point valid.

  11. Re: [UBUNTU NEWSGROUP FAQ PERIODIC POSTING]

    On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 21:32:49 +0100, Trevor Best wrote:

    > On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 15:04:59 -0400, Ubuntu Adnimistrator wrote:
    >
    >> Moog = [snippage] Has huge chip on shoulder.

    > Anyone got a spare irony meter? Mine has melted.

    There is no irony for me in the truth. On a lighter note, moog has made
    some adjustments to his (you're a dumb noob, I am a linux God )attitude.
    Sometimes it takes a little nudge in the right direction so that makes me
    happy and worth the idiotic banter from slurpers like you.

    Keep up the good work moog!

  12. Re: [UBUNTU NEWSGROUP FAQ PERIODIC POSTING]

    Ubuntu Adnimistrator illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 20:59:44 +0000, Moog wrote:
    >
    >> Trevor Best illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    >>> I think Plowboi needs to fill this out
    >>> http://www.eatliver.com/i.php?n=2026

    >> LOL. That's a work of genius.

    > Thanks for making my point valid.

    I founf a link to a third party "joke" form funny and you think it
    makes *your* point valid?

    Nutzoid!

    --
    "Apparently, 1 in 5 people in the world are Chinese. And there are 5
    people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or

  13. Re: [UBUNTU NEWSGROUP FAQ PERIODIC POSTING]

    On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 20:02:24 +0000, Moog wrote:

    > Ubuntu Adnimistrator illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >> On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 20:59:44 +0000, Moog wrote:
    >>
    >>> Trevor Best illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    >>> LOL. That's a work of genius.

    >> Thanks for making my point valid.

    > I founf a link to a third party "joke" form funny and you think it makes
    > *your* point valid?
    >
    > Nutzoid!

    No, the entire slurp-fest between you and Trevor made the point valid.
    It had no purpose other than to attack and antagonize. You participate
    in these dogpiles often. Just pointing it out for the new users FYI.

    #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook, Line & Sinker, May 2008
    COOSN-266-06-25794

  14. Re: [UBUNTU NEWSGROUP FAQ PERIODIC POSTING]

    Meat Plow wrote:
    > On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 20:02:24 +0000, Moog wrote:
    >
    >> Nutzoid!

    > No, the entire slurp-fest between you and Trevor made the point valid.
    > It had no purpose other than to attack and antagonize. You participate
    > in these dogpiles often. Just pointing it out for the new users FYI.

    Some of these dog piles are entertaining though but some of them
    continue unabated until the original post becomes buried, and some
    people just never learn to trim.
    It's a natural human diversion. We use machines but are not machines
    with 0/1 logic.
    Bill Baka

  15. Re: [UBUNTU NEWSGROUP FAQ PERIODIC POSTING]

    On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 16:20:59 -0400, Meat Plow wrote:

    > No, the entire slurp-fest between you and Trevor made the point valid.
    > It had no purpose other than to attack and antagonize. You participate
    > in these dogpiles often. Just pointing it out for the new users FYI.

    I think you just proved the point that you are far too sensitive to be on
    Usenet. Get a thicker skin.

    --
    A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.

  16. Re: [UBUNTU NEWSGROUP FAQ PERIODIC POSTING]

    * Meat Plow wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:
    > On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 20:02:24 +0000, Moog wrote:

    >> Ubuntu Adnimistrator illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    [...]

    >>> Thanks for making my point valid.

    >> I founf a link to a third party "joke" form funny and you think it makes
    >> *your* point valid?

    >> Nutzoid!

    > No, the entire slurp-fest between you and Trevor made the point valid.
    > It had no purpose other than to attack and antagonize. You participate
    > in these dogpiles often. Just pointing it out for the new users FYI.

    Your initial post in this thread had no other purpose other than to
    attack and antagonize, now that you've been successful at antagonizing
    you attempt to blame those that you've antagonized? What the new users
    are finding out is that you've become a nym shifting troll.

    --
    David

+ Reply to Thread