Linux magazine? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Linux magazine? - Ubuntu ; Can anyone suggest a good Linux magazine? I tried a copy of _Linux Format_ but it's very expensive and I didn't see anything on that DVD that made it worth it. TIA Ken -- "When you choose the lesser of ...

  1. Linux magazine?

    Can anyone suggest a good Linux magazine? I tried a copy of _Linux
    Format_ but it's very expensive and I didn't see anything on that DVD
    that made it worth it.

    TIA

    Ken

  2. Re: Linux magazine?

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 14:24:44 +0000, Ken wrote:

    > Can anyone suggest a good Linux magazine? I tried a copy of _Linux
    > Format_ but it's very expensive and I didn't see anything on that DVD
    > that made it worth it.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Ken

    I take Linux Pro and enjoy the DVD with a new distro every month - extra
    incentive to actually install them.

  3. Re: Linux magazine?

    Ken wrote:
    > Can anyone suggest a good Linux magazine? I tried a copy of _Linux
    > Format_ but it's very expensive and I didn't see anything on that DVD
    > that made it worth it.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Ken

    Save paper and ink, use t'internet.

  4. Re: Linux magazine?

    On Thursday 26 Jun 2008 15:24 Ken licked a pencil and jotted:

    > Can anyone suggest a good Linux magazine? I tried a copy of _Linux
    > Format_ but it's very expensive and I didn't see anything on that DVD
    > that made it worth it.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Ken

    Grr, don't talk to me about Linux mags. Actually bought one last payday, was
    some interesting articles in it, but the bloody price of 'em!!

    What makes it worse I only read on article on the bog at home and now I
    can't find the damned thing!

    That was Linux Format, and it seemed pretty good and similarly priced to all
    the others at Sainsburys, at least I managed to skim most of the articles
    while trogging around doing the shopping.

    David

    --
    Knowledge is of two kinds: we know a subject ourselves, or we know where we
    can find information upon it. (Samuel Johnson)

  5. Re: Linux magazine?

    Ken wrote:
    > Can anyone suggest a good Linux magazine? I tried a copy of _Linux
    > Format_ but it's very expensive and I didn't see anything on that DVD
    > that made it worth it.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Ken

    There are probably at least 100 on the Internet. They're all free.

    They have today's news, not three-month-old stuff.

    The Internet saves trees, but then you gotta use corn cobs out back. ;-)

    --
    John

  6. Re: Linux magazine?

    Ken wrote:
    > Can anyone suggest a good Linux magazine? I tried a copy of _Linux
    > Format_ but it's very expensive and I didn't see anything on that DVD
    > that made it worth it.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Ken

    Try Fullcircle. I have 3 issues in PDF format that I downloaded from
    alt.binaries.e-books.technical. The magazine is actually for Ubuntu users.
    Bill Baka

  7. Re: Linux magazine?

    Bill schreef:
    > Ken wrote:
    >> Can anyone suggest a good Linux magazine? I tried a copy of _Linux
    >> Format_ but it's very expensive and I didn't see anything on that DVD
    >> that made it worth it.
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> Ken
    >>

    > Try Fullcircle. I have 3 issues in PDF format that I downloaded from
    > alt.binaries.e-books.technical. The magazine is actually for Ubuntu users.
    > Bill Baka

    This magazine Fullcircle (The FREE Independent Magazine (and podcast)
    for the Ubuntu Linux Community)

    is free to download, find all the issues at it's homebase:

    http://fullcirclemagazine.org/

  8. Re: Linux magazine?

    "Ro" wrote in message
    news:48691e58$0$5932$e4fe514c@dreader16.news.xs4al l.nl...
    > Bill schreef:
    >> Ken wrote:
    >>> Can anyone suggest a good Linux magazine? I tried a copy of _Linux
    >>> Format_ but it's very expensive and I didn't see anything on that DVD
    >>> that made it worth it.
    >>>
    >>> TIA
    >>>
    >>> Ken
    >>>

    >> Try Fullcircle. I have 3 issues in PDF format that I downloaded from
    >> alt.binaries.e-books.technical. The magazine is actually for Ubuntu
    >> users.
    >> Bill Baka

    > This magazine Fullcircle (The FREE Independent Magazine (and podcast) for
    > the Ubuntu Linux Community)
    >
    > is free to download, find all the issues at it's homebase:
    >
    > http://fullcirclemagazine.org/

    Nice. Thanks

    Ed

+ Reply to Thread