Linux equivalent for M$ OCS & Exchange - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Linux equivalent for M$ OCS & Exchange - Ubuntu ; Last week, at work we got a presentation & demo on M$ OCS & Exchange from M$ representatives. Of course they told us that nothing else matches their features and usability. I was just wondering if something equivalent exists in ...

  1. Linux equivalent for M$ OCS & Exchange

    Last week, at work we got a presentation & demo on M$ OCS & Exchange
    from M$ representatives.
    Of course they told us that nothing else matches their features and
    usability.

    I was just wondering if something equivalent exists in linux.
    When googling around I found some exchange alternatives,
    and integration between OCS and Asterisk
    but no free/open source replacement for OCS

    For those wondering what is OCS,
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_...er#Competition

    --
    MarcB

  2. Re: Linux equivalent for M$ OCS & Exchange

    MarcB wrote:
    > Last week, at work we got a presentation & demo on M$ OCS & Exchange
    > from M$ representatives.
    > For those wondering what is OCS,
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_...er#Competition

    http://www.google.com.hk/search?q=li...ient=firefox-a

  3. Re: Linux equivalent for M$ OCS & Exchange

    Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k) wrote:
    > MarcB wrote:
    >> Last week, at work we got a presentation & demo on M$ OCS & Exchange
    >> from M$ representatives.
    >> For those wondering what is OCS,
    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_...er#Competition

    > http://www.google.com.hk/search?q=li...ient=firefox-a

    For client, check out Evolution.

  4. Re: Linux equivalent for M$ OCS & Exchange

    MarcB illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > Last week, at work we got a presentation & demo on M$ OCS & Exchange
    > from M$ representatives.
    > Of course they told us that nothing else matches their features and
    > usability.
    >
    > I was just wondering if something equivalent exists in linux.
    > When googling around I found some exchange alternatives,
    > and integration between OCS and Asterisk
    > but no free/open source replacement for OCS
    >
    > For those wondering what is OCS,
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_...er#Competition

    There are numerous collaberation solutions available in the Open
    Source Community.

    I must confess, I'm not familiar with OCS and certainly do not want to
    be familiar with Exchange any more.

    Would something like plone work for you or do you require a more
    tailor made app?
    http://plone.org/

    --
    "You know what I hate? Indian givers...no, I take that back." ~ Emo
    Philips

  5. Re: Linux equivalent for M$ OCS & Exchange

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 11:58:36 +0200, MarcB wrote:

    > Of course they told us that nothing else matches their features and
    > usability.

    Well, they are right.
    As far as mail server/client, Exchange is top of the line.
    For alternatives, you can check openexchange.org, or clarkconnect. The
    latter is a great small business server with great features.

    --
    Jerry Maguire: Help me... help you. Help me, help you. ;-)

  6. Re: Linux equivalent for M$ OCS & Exchange

    MarcB wrote:
    > Last week, at work we got a presentation & demo on M$ OCS & Exchange
    > from M$ representatives.
    > Of course they told us that nothing else matches their features and
    > usability.
    >
    > I was just wondering if something equivalent exists in linux.
    > When googling around I found some exchange alternatives,
    > and integration between OCS and Asterisk
    > but no free/open source replacement for OCS
    >
    > For those wondering what is OCS,
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_...er#Competition

    Who is this M$ company.

  7. Re: Linux equivalent for M$ OCS & Exchange

    In article <6ci3q7F3gimh1U1@mid.individual.net>,
    Holz wrote:
    > As far as mail server/client, Exchange is top of the line.
    > For alternatives, you can check openexchange.org, or clarkconnect. The
    > latter is a great small business server with great features.

    Uhm...openexchange.org is the website for Open Exchange, a magazine for
    "Healthy Living & Learning Resources for Northern California". The
    website provides coverage of such topics as astrology, bodywork
    therapies, feng shui, psychic arts, sexuality, and yoga. Granted, some
    of these may be relevant to a mail server (too many people neglect feng
    shui and geomancy when planning their data center...), but overall, this
    is probably not going to be what he is looking for. :-)

    Perhaps you are thinking of open-xchange.com?

    --
    --Tim Smith

+ Reply to Thread