All these torrent programs, and not a one will find files to download... - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on All these torrent programs, and not a one will find files to download... - Ubuntu ; I saw this trailer on one of the video sites, and wondered if there was a way to get the movie. After visiting a couple of sites that expected me to pay to download illegally shared files (bull****), I remembered ...

  1. All these torrent programs, and not a one will find files to download...

    I saw this trailer on one of the video sites, and wondered if there
    was a way to get the movie. After visiting a couple of sites that
    expected me to pay to download illegally shared files (bull****), I
    remembered that Linux has a built-in Torrent client.

    Booted up my Linux computer and ran the one that was installed, yet it
    wouldn't search for files. Uninstalled it, and installed several
    others, and each one was exactly the same. All they wanted to do was
    share files form my computer.

    How exactly am I supposed to find a file in these applications to
    download?

  2. Re: All these torrent programs, and not a one will find files todownload...

    Todd schreef:
    > I saw this trailer on one of the video sites, and wondered if there
    > was a way to get the movie. After visiting a couple of sites that
    > expected me to pay to download illegally shared files (bull****), I
    > remembered that Linux has a built-in Torrent client.
    >
    > Booted up my Linux computer and ran the one that was installed, yet it
    > wouldn't search for files. Uninstalled it, and installed several
    > others, and each one was exactly the same. All they wanted to do was
    > share files form my computer.
    >
    > How exactly am I supposed to find a file in these applications to
    > download?

    Get the .torrent file from a internetpage, like mininova.org, and open
    the download file within your p2p program.

  3. Re: All these torrent programs, and not a one will find files to download...

    > I saw this trailer on one of the video sites, and wondered if there
    > was a way to get the movie. After visiting a couple of sites that
    > expected me to pay to download illegally shared files (bull****), I
    > remembered that Linux has a built-in Torrent client.

    Stick to linux distros, they're cheaper :-)

    > How exactly am I supposed to find a file in these applications to
    > download?

    You sound like a botmasters' wet dream of a user !

    Use a search site like thepiratebay.org or isohunt.com and never, ever
    pay to access a site, or install a "search toolbar" that promises the
    world...

  4. Re: All these torrent programs, and not a one will find files todownload...

    In alt.os.linux.ubuntu on Wed, 25 Jun 2008 15:27:03 -0700, Todd
    wrote:

    > I saw this trailer on one of the video sites, and wondered if there
    > was a way to get the movie. After visiting a couple of sites that
    > expected me to pay to download illegally shared files (bull****), I
    > remembered that Linux has a built-in Torrent client.
    >
    > Booted up my Linux computer and ran the one that was installed, yet it
    > wouldn't search for files. Uninstalled it, and installed several
    > others, and each one was exactly the same. All they wanted to do was
    > share files form my computer.
    >
    > How exactly am I supposed to find a file in these applications to
    > download?

    Start here:

    At present you seem to misunderstand how bittorrent works.

    --
    PJR :-)

  5. Re: All these torrent programs, and not a one will find files to download...

    I use Azureus and I find URLs with my browser, and I configured
    ..torrent files to open with azureus. Works great.

    On 2008-06-25, Todd wrote:
    > I saw this trailer on one of the video sites, and wondered if there
    > was a way to get the movie. After visiting a couple of sites that
    > expected me to pay to download illegally shared files (bull****), I
    > remembered that Linux has a built-in Torrent client.
    >
    > Booted up my Linux computer and ran the one that was installed, yet it
    > wouldn't search for files. Uninstalled it, and installed several
    > others, and each one was exactly the same. All they wanted to do was
    > share files form my computer.
    >
    > How exactly am I supposed to find a file in these applications to
    > download?

    posting on Usenet.
    http://improve-usenet.org/

  6. Re: All these torrent programs, and not a one will find files to download...

    On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 15:27:03 -0700, Todd wrote:

    > I saw this trailer on one of the video sites, and wondered if there was a
    > way to get the movie. After visiting a couple of sites that expected me
    > to pay to download illegally shared files (bull****), I remembered that
    > Linux has a built-in Torrent client.
    >
    > Booted up my Linux computer and ran the one that was installed, yet it
    > wouldn't search for files. Uninstalled it, and installed several others,
    > and each one was exactly the same. All they wanted to do was share files
    > form my computer.
    >
    > How exactly am I supposed to find a file in these applications to
    > download?

    Search for .torrent files, con someone into getting you an invite to a
    private tracker like RTT.

    #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook, Line & Sinker, May 2008
    COOSN-266-06-25794

  7. Re: All these torrent programs, and not a one will find files todownload...

    On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 15:27:03 -0700, Todd wrote:

    > I saw this trailer on one of the video sites, and wondered if there was
    > a way to get the movie. After visiting a couple of sites that expected
    > me to pay to download illegally shared files (bull****), I remembered
    > that Linux has a built-in Torrent client.
    >
    > Booted up my Linux computer and ran the one that was installed, yet it
    > wouldn't search for files. Uninstalled it, and installed several
    > others, and each one was exactly the same. All they wanted to do was
    > share files form my computer.
    >
    > How exactly am I supposed to find a file in these applications to
    > download?

    My personal choice is to use the Opera browser for Linux. It treats
    torrent files like any other download whilst acting as a BT client.

    This with www.thepiratebay.org and www.isohunt.com yields most results,
    but I personally don't endorse this kind of thing.

    --
    begin broken-news-reader.exe

  8. Re: All these torrent programs, and not a one will find files to download...

    Colin Wilson wrote:

    > You sound like a botmasters' wet dream of a user !

    LOL. Yes, even linux does not guarantee to stay clean when willingly
    deep-diving the dumpster.

    > Use a search site like thepiratebay.org or isohunt.com and never, ever
    > pay to access a site, or install a "search toolbar" that promises the
    > world...

    They have nice RSS feeds to keep us informed about new torrents ...
    Linux 2.6.24. [LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

  9. Re: All these torrent programs, and not a one will find files todownload...

    On 2008-06-26, A J Hawke wrote:
    > On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 15:27:03 -0700, Todd wrote:
    >
    >> I saw this trailer on one of the video sites, and wondered if there was
    >> a way to get the movie. After visiting a couple of sites that expected
    >> me to pay to download illegally shared files (bull****), I remembered
    >> that Linux has a built-in Torrent client.
    >>
    >> Booted up my Linux computer and ran the one that was installed, yet it
    >> wouldn't search for files. Uninstalled it, and installed several
    >> others, and each one was exactly the same. All they wanted to do was
    >> share files form my computer.
    >>
    >> How exactly am I supposed to find a file in these applications to
    >> download?

    > My personal choice is to use the Opera browser for Linux. It treats
    > torrent files like any other download whilst acting as a BT client.

    Linux is all about choice. I use ktorrent, set up to automatically
    start any torrent dropped in the /torrent/auto directory, then move
    the complete torrent downloads to /torrent/complete. I use firefox to
    download the .torrent, into that directory, and it all works on its
    own.

    --
    Joe - Linux User #449481/Ubuntu User #19733
    joe at hits - buffalo dot com

  10. Re: All these torrent programs, and not a one will find files to download...

    Todd wrote in news:69h5645l97ro7gvlr23ffb758aqs8fvklf@
    4ax.com:

    > I saw this trailer on one of the video sites, and wondered if there
    > was a way to get the movie. After visiting a couple of sites that
    > expected me to pay to download illegally shared files (bull****), I
    > remembered that Linux has a built-in Torrent client.
    >
    > Booted up my Linux computer and ran the one that was installed, yet it
    > wouldn't search for files. Uninstalled it, and installed several
    > others, and each one was exactly the same. All they wanted to do was
    > share files form my computer.
    >
    > How exactly am I supposed to find a file in these applications to
    > download?

    As you've been told, search for the torrent, then d/l the .torrent file to
    start........

    Here's a good search site though, it can search a bunch of the other
    torrent site's w/o leaving the main page.

    http://torrentscan.com/

+ Reply to Thread