Vinyl Cutting software? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Vinyl Cutting software? - Ubuntu ; Hi everyone, I a complete newbie to linux - but have come to detest the overpriced bloatware that Micro$oft call an operating system. I'm currently running Ubuntu 8.04 (64bit - was given the original CD). Are there any vinyl cutting ...

  1. Vinyl Cutting software?

    Hi everyone,

    I a complete newbie to linux - but have come to detest the overpriced
    bloatware that Micro$oft call an operating system.

    I'm currently running Ubuntu 8.04 (64bit - was given the original CD).

    Are there any vinyl cutting programs available for this OS? (If it helps
    the Cutter I have is a 50" Redsail RS-1360C)

    Many thanks in advance

  2. Re: Vinyl Cutting software?

    On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 16:47:44 +0100, CaptainMAD wrote:

    > Hi everyone,
    >

    > I a complete newbie to linux - but have come to detest the overpriced
    > bloatware that Micro$oft call an operating system.
    >
    > I'm currently running Ubuntu 8.04 (64bit - was given the original CD).
    >
    > Are there any vinyl cutting programs available for this OS? (If it
    > helps the Cutter I have is a 50" Redsail RS-1360C)
    >

    > Many thanks in advance

    Your best bet might be to try your running favorite software ( Artcut
    2005, Flexisign Pro, Easycut 6.0, etc.) in Ubuntu with the Wine
    compatibility layer.

    --
    Tony Sivori
    Due to spam, I'm now filtering all Google Groups posters.

  3. Re: Vinyl Cutting software?

    Op Wed, 25 Jun 2008 16:47:44 +0100, schreef CaptainMAD:

    > Hi everyone,
    >

    > I a complete newbie to linux - but have come to detest the overpriced
    > bloatware that Micro$oft call an operating system.
    >
    > I'm currently running Ubuntu 8.04 (64bit - was given the original CD).
    >
    > Are there any vinyl cutting programs available for this OS? (If it
    > helps the Cutter I have is a 50" Redsail RS-1360C)

    Google is your friend

    http://ipv6.google.com/search?hl=nl&q=linux+Redsail
    +RS1360C&btnG=Zoeken&lr=

  4. Re: Vinyl Cutting software?

    On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 16:47:44 +0100
    "CaptainMAD" wrote:

    [...]
    > I'm currently running Ubuntu 8.04 (64bit - was given the original CD). Are
    > there any vinyl cutting programs available for this OS? (If it helps the
    > Cutter I have is a 50" Redsail RS-1360C)

    [...]

    Perhaps you should ask the manufacturer of your device, seen here
    , for Linux based software:

    http://www.hflaser.com/contactus.html

    If they have nothing for Linux then offer to be a "free" test site to help them
    develop Linux software. You might also try running your 'doze vinyl cutting
    software under WINE. Finally you could see if someone can and will reverse
    engineer, likely for a fee, the "Corel draw plug-in software" they offer for the
    cutter.

    Gene (e-mail: usenet0 \a\t eracc \d\o\t com)
    blog.eracc.com latest article: http://preview.tinyurl.com/5qvng7
    'Mandriva Linux Upgrades from Repositories Using urpmi'
    Got Rute? http://www.anrdoezrs.net/email-25465...sbn=0130333514
    ERA Computers & Consulting - http://www.eracc.com/
    Preloaded PCs - eComStation, Linux, FreeBSD, OpenServer & UnixWare

  5. Re: Vinyl Cutting software?

    On 25 Jun 2008 16:09:39 GMT
    nyarnon wrote:

    > Op Wed, 25 Jun 2008 16:47:44 +0100, schreef CaptainMAD:

    [...]
    > > I'm currently running Ubuntu 8.04 (64bit - was given the original CD).
    > >
    > > Are there any vinyl cutting programs available for this OS? (If it
    > > helps the Cutter I have is a 50" Redsail RS-1360C)

    > Google is your friend
    >
    > http://ipv6.google.com/search?hl=nl&...tnG=Zoeken&lr=

    Where exactly in that search did you see Linux based software for his vinyl
    cutter? I did not see it. If you did not see it either and cannot point to it
    then that sort of reply is unhelpful.

    Gene (e-mail: usenet0 \a\t eracc \d\o\t com)
    blog.eracc.com latest article: http://preview.tinyurl.com/5qvng7
    'Mandriva Linux Upgrades from Repositories Using urpmi'
    Got Rute? http://www.anrdoezrs.net/email-25465...sbn=0130333514
    ERA Computers & Consulting - http://www.eracc.com/
    Preloaded PCs - eComStation, Linux, FreeBSD, OpenServer & UnixWare

  6. Re: Vinyl Cutting software?

    I know I'm top-posting, but I'd like to respond to the OP:

    apt-cache search gramofile

    gramofile - Transfer sound from gramophone records to CD

    I used a few years back for the first time...

    Dragomir Kollaric

  7. Re: Vinyl Cutting software?

    Dragomir Kollaric wrote:
    > I know I'm top-posting, but I'd like to respond to the OP:
    >
    > apt-cache search gramofile
    >
    > gramofile - Transfer sound from gramophone records to CD
    >
    > I used a few years back for the first time...
    >

    > Dragomir Kollaric

    ....um, that's not what the op is looking for.

    --
    Norman
    Registered Linux user #461062

+ Reply to Thread