How to add gsm to sox ? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on How to add gsm to sox ? - Ubuntu ; I want to play *.gsm files. So I installed sox (sudo apt-get install sox) But I can't play gsm files. henkoegema@ubuntu:~/asterisk sounds/sounds$ play your.gsm play soxio: Failed reading `your.gsm': unknown file type `auto' henkoegema@ubuntu:~/asterisk sounds/sounds$ It looks like that the ...

  1. How to add gsm to sox ?

    I want to play *.gsm files.
    So I installed sox (sudo apt-get install sox)

    But I can't play gsm files.

    henkoegema@ubuntu:~/asterisk sounds/sounds$ play your.gsm
    play soxio: Failed reading `your.gsm': unknown file type `auto'
    henkoegema@ubuntu:~/asterisk sounds/sounds$

    It looks like that the only SUPPORTED FILE FORMATS are : m3u pls

    Q:
    Is there a way to 'add' gsm file format?

  2. Re: How to add gsm to sox ?

    Henk Oegema wrote:
    > I want to play *.gsm files.
    > So I installed sox (sudo apt-get install sox)

    > But I can't play gsm files.

    > henkoegema@ubuntu:~/asterisk sounds/sounds$ play your.gsm
    > play soxio: Failed reading `your.gsm': unknown file type `auto'
    > henkoegema@ubuntu:~/asterisk sounds/sounds$

    > It looks like that the only SUPPORTED FILE FORMATS are : m3u pls

    > Q:
    > Is there a way to 'add' gsm file format?

    sudo apt-get install libsox-fmt-gsm

    HTH,
    Niklaus

  3. Re: How to add gsm to sox ?

    On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 17:01:42 +0000, Niklaus Kuehnis wrote:

    > sudo apt-get install libsox-fmt-gsm

    Thanks Niklaus

+ Reply to Thread