How to make my external drive be mapped - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on How to make my external drive be mapped - Ubuntu ; Just finished doing a clean install of Hardy Heron. Liking it alot so far. I have noticed, however, than when ever I reboot, I have to reconnect one of the external drives attached to my Vista machine. Is there a ...

  1. How to make my external drive be mapped

    Just finished doing a clean install of Hardy Heron. Liking it alot so far.
    I have noticed, however, than when ever I reboot, I have to reconnect one
    of the external drives attached to my Vista machine. Is there a way
    to set it up so that it will mount automatically?

    I've already created the directory I want it mounted to, but not sure
    of the syntax for the command, or even it's possible.

    Thanks

  2. Re: How to make my external drive be mapped

    > Just finished doing a clean install of Hardy Heron. Liking it alot so far.
    > I have noticed, however, than when ever I reboot, I have to reconnect one
    > of the external drives attached to my Vista machine. Is there a way
    > to set it up so that it will mount automatically?
    >
    > I've already created the directory I want it mounted to, but not sure
    > of the syntax for the command, or even it's possible.

    Look at the man pages and Google for "fstab".

    --
    Fight Usenet Spam!!! - http://improve-usenet.org:80/

    Want a great newsgroup reader that will filter out the flood of
    newgroup spam?
    Try MesNews - http://www.mesnews.net/gb/

    If you want your posts to be seen, DON'T USE GOOGLE GROUPS!

+ Reply to Thread